Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Mar 9, 2018 7:54 pm
Mryio swings his maul down to rest the head on the ground and uses it as a crutch to lean on. He smiles "It seems not all are mindless drones in your cult. So, let's get down to brass tacks. Where do you fall on the hierarchy? Were you the one that set in motion my friend's death?"
Mar 9, 2018 8:11 pm
Erich nods to Bughu and moves downstairs. He'll stick mainly to the shadows and sides of the building, unless it appears that Myrio needs immediate assistance nearby.
Mar 13, 2018 3:29 am
"Yes, I am the one who put a bounty on her head," the half-dragon replies casually, "She has been digging into things that should remain untouched. She needs to learn to stay out of the minds of others!"
Mar 13, 2018 3:40 am
I remain hidden, still very insulted that everyone assumes I'm so easy to kill.
Mar 13, 2018 4:49 am
"And that justifies murder? Simply because she was curious? And now she's dead because you are incapable of leading an honest life? That's not how societies work!" Mryio hefts his maul up and brings it in front of the half-dragon's face "I don't like the way you breathe my air. Should I smear your brain into a fine jelly? I don't like your accent. Should I bash your face til your mother can't even identify you? I don't like our height difference. Should I smash your skull in so when you meet your god they decline you out of horror?" He lets his maul drop back down to the floor, producing a solid thump "No, because that isn't how people should behave. A simple conversation, like the one I have granted you here, the one you took from her, is all that you needed. You would of found she was just a curious musician, looking for details for her songs; she didn't know your dark secrets, she was simple scanning the room for interesting people. What do you say for yourself?"
Mar 14, 2018 2:40 am
The half-dragon smiles widely and then laughs, "I think you are a fool!" he says, and then barks out an arcane word. You can see him quickly fading from view.
OOC:
He enacted some sort of magic that's allowing him to escape. If you should beat him on initiative, you can take an action before he disappears fully!

EDIT: Welp... that shouldn't be hard!
Enemy
Half-Dragon: 11/57, AC 15

Rolls

Half-dragon initiative - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Mar 14, 2018 2:49 am
"Likewise." Mryio recites his own arcane word and points at the half-dragon, sending a wave of lethargy to him. As the half-dragon begins to fall to the spell and his eyes begin to close the last thing he sees and hears is Mryio walking towards him "Enjoy your eternal slumber, you will not be waking up."
Last edited March 14, 2018 2:54 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Sleep - (5d8)

(83132) = 17

Mar 14, 2018 2:53 am
At this distance, Bughu tries to make sense of what's going on.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Mar 14, 2018 4:52 am
From my hiding spot, I call out to my nearest friend. "Is he dead? Do you have eyes on my lute?"
Mar 15, 2018 2:50 am
Just before the half-dragon fades from view, his eyes open wide in shock and then he drifts off to sleep, falling in the middle of the square.

Kevin watches with shock, taking a couple of steps back, "What a monster!"
Mar 15, 2018 4:26 am
"Leave her lute and go, find a different line of work; if I ever encounter you on these terms again, I will have failed you and you will share his fate. Saavy, Kevin?" As he asks this, Mryio brings his maul down upon the half-dragon's head.

Rolls

Rolls, in case you want them - (1d20+5, 1d20+5, 4d6+3)

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

1d20+5 : (5) + 5 = 10

4d6+3 : (5421) + 3 = 15

Mar 15, 2018 2:08 pm
Kevin watches the brutal death of the half-dragon and shudders, "Got it," he says quietly, looking away from the gory mess, "Real name is Derek, by the way."

With that, the man takes his cloak off to make some padding and sets the lute gently down on top of it. With a nod, as if satisfied that he was gentle enough, he turns and walks away quickly.
Mar 15, 2018 2:48 pm
Mryio lets out a soft whistle, holds his hand up, and motions over Xalana with two fingers.
Mar 15, 2018 5:10 pm
Bughu gives one final scan of the area to see if there was anyone else watching the proceedings. He then climbs down from his perch and rejoins Mryio and the others.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Mar 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Did he give up any extra information? Erich asks Mryio as he joins him near the now squished dragonkin.
Mar 15, 2018 9:51 pm
"Other than he was an irredeemable psychopath and what we already knew, no; he wasn't looking for a conversation." Mryio's expression is stern, more so than usual, and he speaks softly.
Mar 18, 2018 2:54 am
Bughu doesn't spot any other opponents, so he moves to join his companions. The ground is a mess of blood and gore since Mryio got ahold of the half-dragon. It appears to be wearing a breastplate beneath its cloak and has a longsword that it was once wielding. after a search of its body, it appears that it doesn't have any of the gold that it promised to pay Derek (Kevin). Either it wasn't going to pay the assassin or the man managed to take the money while you weren't paying attention.
Mar 18, 2018 4:49 am
"Nothing," says Bughu, unable to spy any clues that might further identify the half-dragon or his cohorts. "I'm glad our little friend is safe, but this might mean the cult will stop at nothing to carry out their plans. The other half-dragon also chose death, rather than surrender. I have a feeling the fanatics that pull the strings will be uncooperative."
Mar 18, 2018 8:22 am
Mryio rubs his face "I'm, unfortunately, noticing that pattern as well." He looks over the longsword and, if it has any kind of notable designs, casts divine sense on it.
Mar 19, 2018 4:23 am
I hug my lute to my chest. "I hope Kevin got paid at least. He was nice, other than the trying to kill me part. What now?"
load next

Thread locked