Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Mar 19, 2018 4:43 am
"Derek." Mryio seems to absentmindedly correct "He was nice, just a bit lost." He looks over to see Xalana hugging her lute and places a hand on her shoulder "Thank you for parting with it temporarily, it was a key item needed for our plan. Your possible sacrifice was not lost on me. As for what now, we need to deal with this body."
Mar 19, 2018 4:53 am
Bughu nods, preparing to carry the corpse. "Any ideas?"
Mar 19, 2018 5:15 am
"A couple. Turn it into the authorities, explain the conditioning behind it. However, even though we aren't guilty of anything, this can cause possible hang up time with the law; not favorable. Toss him in the woods and hope the wildlife claims it before anyone notices him. This one relies on what type of wildlife calls the forest their home though. I highly doubt the cult will come forward to the law to fill out a missing person report so it could be just as simple as taking the body and leaving it to be undiscovered by the towns populous."
Mar 20, 2018 1:27 am
Hmm. Taking the body and leaving it away from prying eyes seems about the best course of action. Leaves us not having to do too much explaining at all. Erich says, scratching the side of his face, feeling the scruff starting to come in. Hmm. I need to take a blade to this pretty soon. he says, his mind wandering away from the grisly puddle at Mryio's feet.
Mar 20, 2018 4:35 pm
"Then it's decided." Mryio grabs the cloak left by Derek and places it over the mush that was once a head. He tucks it under the back, brings it up and ties it off around the chest to keep everything together and to limit the amount of blood that spills out.
OOC:
Can I pick this body up?
Mar 20, 2018 4:52 pm
HypCo says:
OOC:
Can I pick this body up?
OOC:
It's heavy as hell, but yes, you can manage to carry it
Mar 20, 2018 5:08 pm
With a heave and a ho, Mryio lifts the halfdragon's body trying to limit the amount of dragging. "Bughu, mind coming with me? I don't know what rests in the forest, I'd rather not deal with them with my hands full, and I've come to value your watchful eye."
Mar 20, 2018 5:51 pm
Bughu nods, and assist Mryio in carting the corpse.
Mar 21, 2018 1:55 am
It takes some time and effort, but you are able to carry the corpse out of town and toward the nearby woods. Halfway there, the makeshift sling that Mryio made from Derek's cloak opens and spills gore down the paladin's legs, staining his clothing a deep red.
OOC:
You successfully hide the body. What next? Bedtime or something else?
Mar 21, 2018 3:46 am
OOC:
I'll prestidigitation any blood spots.
Mar 22, 2018 3:40 am
"I'm sorry, everyone. I was sent here to help, and now because of me we got caught up in this mess and we haven't learned much more than before. Other than a name, I guess."
Mar 22, 2018 3:48 am
Bughu shakes his head. "We now know they have agents in many places, or they're following us somehow. That half-dragon wasn't part of the caravan, so he either was already here waiting for our arrival, or was otherwise nearby to be contacted so quickly after your encounter. That means we've stumbled upon some kind of network that the cult has laid in place."
Mar 22, 2018 3:53 am
"Don't worry yourself with things out of your control. I'm going to guess he wasn't some low-level grunt in the cult if he was allowed to place a hit, as simply as that. You sped forward his redemption or demise, in this case, his demise. You might have to hide in the back of the wagon tomorrow though, just to be safe."
Mar 23, 2018 9:08 pm
OOC:
Anything else tonight before we move on to morning?
Mar 26, 2018 11:32 pm
The next morning, you head down the stairs and see that the cultists are already down there. When they see Xalana come down the stairs, one of them knocks his bowl of porridge onto the floor. They are obviously quite shocked to see you alive.
Mar 27, 2018 1:31 am
What's the matter? Never seen a pretty woman in the morning before? Erich says cheerily as he drops into a chair nodding at whoever happens to be serving food with a wide smile.
Mar 27, 2018 1:51 am
Mryio scoops up the bowl and Prestidigitations the spilled mess. He places the bowl back on the cultist table with a smile "Don't worry yourself on spilled porridge; us caravaners need to look out for our own. I'll get you a new one, on me; you'll need your energy for our journey, you never know what is behind those corners."

Mryio places a gold coin on the table, whistles and points at the table and the broken bowl to a sever.
Mar 27, 2018 2:33 am
Bughu spares only a glance at the cultists, stepping past Mryio in all seriousness as he silently takes a seat next to Erich.
Mar 28, 2018 4:18 am
"Maybe it's the hair? I'm trying a different style this morning. It's a work in progress."
load next

Thread locked