Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Aug 19, 2018 2:39 am
"Maybe I should have requested tea. Ah well, it can wait until later."
Aug 20, 2018 7:51 pm
The man looks surprised by Bughu's question, turning to face him and raising a metal ladle threateningly, "Ah damn, don't be scarin' me like that!" he says, lowering the ladle before turning back to his work, "But yeah, seem to have a bit of a problem. Damn rats keep stirrin' in the night, keepin' me up. Gon' die o' sleep derpivration any day now!"
Aug 20, 2018 8:03 pm
Bughu says, "Doesn't this place have an exterminator? Seems like it'd be something your boss should look into, on account of how much cargo this facility stores."
Aug 30, 2018 8:55 pm
The man shakes his head, "No, dammit, says we're too busy to worry 'bout rats as long as they ain't hurtin' the goods..." he replies angrily, "Sure 'nough, they don't seem to be eating any food that we can see! Weird little bastards, they are..."
Aug 31, 2018 1:08 am
"Huh. Okay, well if there's still some food," says Bughu, before proceeding with the orders as best he can remember.

Once he puts forth the list of meals, Bughu says, "Want me to look into it? You'd have to point me where they're fussing about."

Rolls

Intelligence, can he remember? - (1d20-1)

(19) - 1 = 18

Aug 31, 2018 7:00 pm
Bughu is able to remember all of the requests that the others made and keeps the cook company while he prepares the food. The man introduces himself, eventually, as Gristle Pete.

"Well, It'd be real good if the noises would stop," Pete says, nodding, "Yeah, I think I'd like that. If you can get it done, I think I can get you and yer friends some special treats every once in a while."

He indicates that he had been hearing it from the storeroom downstairs, which is always locked.
Aug 31, 2018 7:24 pm
Bughu nods. "You got the key, right?"
Aug 31, 2018 8:22 pm
Pete shakes his head, "Nah, Bog Luck carries that around with him," he says, "Big ol' half-orc with a bad temper. Keeps the peace around here, though!"
Aug 31, 2018 8:28 pm
Bughu gathers up the plates with the help of Erich. "All right. We'll go talk to him." He gives his leave and returns to the party with their meals, as well as the news of rat-catching in the storeroom.

"Might give us a chance to poke around a bit, and if nothing else we might get a friend on the inside that can provide intelligence,"
he says as a reason to go on this side job. With a shrug, Bughu adds, "Or an extra meal."
Sep 4, 2018 3:14 pm
OOC:
How do you want to approach this locked store-room?
Sep 4, 2018 4:15 pm
"We should talk to this Bog Luck," Bughu suggests. "See if he can't be convinced to let us have a look."
Sep 5, 2018 2:11 am
"I mean, I can be pretty convincing. Seems like he'd want us to take care of the problem tho, doncha think?"
Sep 5, 2018 5:44 am
Bughu nods. "One would think."
Sep 6, 2018 1:51 pm
Let's find him and talk, I can back ya up Xalana. It will feel good to do something other than ride on a damnable wagon again. Erich says, stretching his arms high above his head before quickly dropping them once more, hurrying to hide the light scales at his wrist.
Sep 6, 2018 6:07 pm
It's not hard to find Bog Luck's room. A moment after knocking on the door, it opens a couple of inches. Just inside stands a tall half-orc in plain, loose-fitting clothing. He looks you all up and down before saying anything "What do you need?"
Sep 6, 2018 6:09 pm
Bughu stands behind the others, allowing them to respond.
Sep 11, 2018 4:36 am
"Hello, there! By any chance are you Bog Luck? I'm running an errand for my dear friend Gristle Pete, but in order to help out I'll need to borrow the key to the store room. He said I should speak with you about it." Xalana gives him her winningest smile.

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+7)

(10) + 7 = 17

Sep 11, 2018 8:24 pm
Bog Luck raises an eyebrow, "Yeah, that's me," he says slowly, "Can't give you the key, though. Security issues, you understand. Tell me what's the problem and I'll get it taken care of."
Sep 17, 2018 8:17 pm
Bog Luck stands in the doorway for a moment, "Anything else I can help with?" he asks, appearing slightly annoyed.
Sep 17, 2018 8:23 pm
"Rats in the storage," says Bughu to clarify the problem. "We need to make sure our cargo is safe. Can't work on assumption, you know?"
load next

Thread locked