Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Oct 2, 2018 4:05 pm
OOC:
Sneak into room or charm the guy into letting you in?
Oct 6, 2018 4:43 am
I nod Erich, and walk back towards Bog Luck. "Listen, I know you don't like us much. But I'd suggest you trust us, and do everything you can to help us investigate the storage room until I'm satisfied that we've left no stone unturned. That's all we want to do. We're not looking to get you into trouble. How's that sound?"
OOC:
Casting Suggestion. WIS Saving throw of 13.
Last edited November 3, 2018 2:53 am
Oct 6, 2018 10:52 pm
Bog Luck looks just about furious as you begin speaking, but he's calmed down by the end of it and looks thoughtful, "I suppose it couldn't hurt, right?"

With that, he leads you over to the warehouse, pulling out his ring of keys as he goes. Opening the door, he waves for you to enter, "Go ahead and take a look. Save us a bit of money for exterminators, right?"

Entering, you see that the large room is packed with boxes all over. Many labeled, but some are not. On the north wall is another locked door.
Oct 6, 2018 11:05 pm
Bughu nods respectfully and begins to investigate the room. He tries to figure out where the kitchen is in relation to this area and see if it might provide a clue as to the source of the noises.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20-1)

(16) - 1 = 15

Oct 8, 2018 11:14 pm
Erich gives him a small nod as the group enters the room.
Oct 8, 2018 11:51 pm
As Bughu begins to try to piece together anything relating to the sounds reaching the kitchen directly above, the door on the north wall opens and several lizardfolk step out. They stop when they see you and look quite surprised. The front one hisses a command and they all draw weapons and begin advancing on you menacingly.
OOC:
There are 7 lizardfolk entering the room that you can see and you've got initiative. They are all within reach with one move.
Battlefield Features
Assorted crates, barrels, and boxes scattered about
North door to locked room
North door to outside
Oct 9, 2018 12:13 am
"Big rats," Bughu growls, drawing his hand crossbow and firing two quick bolts in rapid succession at the lead lizardfolk. He tries to position himself in the middle of the access way so that he can intercept any of the lizardfolk before they reach his companions.
[ +- ] [url=https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/3430/
Last edited October 9, 2018 12:16 am

Rolls

Hand Crossbow, Piercing Damage - (1d20+9, 1d6+4)

1d20+9 : (13) + 9 = 22

1d6+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

Bonus Action Crossbow Expert, Piercing Damage - (1d20+9, 1d6+4)

1d20+9 : (5) + 9 = 14

1d6+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

Battle Maneuver Precision Attack modifier to Bonus Action Attack roll - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Oct 9, 2018 4:21 pm
Erich smiles and raises one hand up into the air as six tiny flaming rocks swirl into existence around him. Pushing two hands forward, a pair of them streak out towards the main body of the lizardfolk force.

Casting Melf's minute meteors. Launching two meteors towards the lizardfolk, aiming to hit as many as possible. DC 14 Dex save for half damage.
1st 4/4 | 2nd 3/3 | 3rd 1/2
38/38 HP | 16 AC | Inspiration 0 | 5/5 SP
Meteors: 4/6 Remaining
Last edited October 9, 2018 4:22 pm

Rolls

Meteor 1 (1s count as 2s because of Elemental Adept) - (2d6)

(21) = 3

Meteor 2 (1s count as 2s because of Elemental Adept) - (2d6)

(36) = 9

Oct 9, 2018 6:28 pm
Round One: Players
Bughu fires two bolts from his crossbow, which slam into the chest of the front lizard, staggering him back a couple of steps. The tough creature stays on its feet, growling at Bughu.

It's growl is cut short as two small meteors slam into it, exploding and sending it to the ground, dead. The explosions scorch two of the other creatures, but they manage to stay up.
[ +- ] Enemies
Battlefield Features
North door to locked room (filled with lizardfolk)
North door to outside
OOC:
Remaining: Jon, Xalana, Mryio (?)
Oct 10, 2018 11:44 pm
There it is, Jon thinks, that familiar stomachache that always comes right on when life and death are on the line. At this point in his career as a hero, he thinks of it as an old friend. Falling back to brace himself on one knee, he draws his shortbow and fires at one of the wounded lizardmen.

Rolls

Shortbow attack vs wounded lizardman - (1d20+3, 1d6+1)

1d20+3 : (12) + 3 = 15

1d6+1 : (1) + 1 = 2

Oct 12, 2018 4:02 am
"You got this, Bughu!" I back up, away from the lizardfolk and keep an eye out for my friends to make sure they're ok. I put my arms out in front of me, waiting and watching in case anything comes towards me.
OOC:
Dodge action. Giving Bughu inspiration. Also waiting to Cutting Words anyone who looks like they're about to land a blow on one of her peeps.
Last edited November 3, 2018 2:54 am
Oct 13, 2018 9:26 pm
Round One: Xalana, Jon
Jon's arrow slices through the hide of one of the lizardfolk (#2) and strikes it in the shoulder.

Xalana prepares herself for attack while bolstering Bughu.
[ +- ] Enemies
Battlefield Features
North door to outside
Oct 13, 2018 9:37 pm
Round One: Lizardfolk
Three of the lizardfolk rush forward, falling over Jon and Bughu, smashing at them with clubs and bashing them with spiked shields. Jon is nearly struck by a club, but a well-timed warning by Xalana gets him out of harm's way.

Three of the lizards stand back and throw javelins at the party.

One javelin strikes Xalana despite her defensive stance, slicing her arm up (21 vs AC. Damage: 3)

A javelin also strikes Erich, grazing his hip as it flies by (19 vs AC. Damage 5)
[ +- ] Enemies
Battlefield Features
North door to outside
OOC:
Your turn!
Oct 14, 2018 6:36 am
Bughu twists, using his momentum to reload his hand crossbow and bring the weapon about for a firing angle. He targets Lizardfolk2 first before turning any attention to Lizardfolk3.
OOC:
I totally forgot I was level 5 and had extra attack.
[ +- ] [url=https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/3430/

Rolls

Hand Crossbow vs Lizardfolk2, Piercing Damage - (1d20+9, 1d6+4)

1d20+9 : (9) + 9 = 18

Extra Attack Hand Crossbow, Piercing Damage - (1d20+9, 1d6+4)

1d20+9 : (14) + 9 = 23

Bonus Action Hand Crossbow, Piercing Damage - (1d20+9, 1d6+4)

1d20+9 : (18) + 9 = 27

1d6+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

Oct 14, 2018 4:25 pm
Round Two: Bughu
Bughu fires a bolt at L2, catching it in the throat. It falls backwards, grasping at its torn throat as it dies on the ground.

He reloads and quickly fires two bolts at L3. The first one catches it in the stomach and the next in the heart.
[ +- ] Enemies
Battlefield Features
North door to outside
OOC:
Remaining: Jon, Xalana, Erich
Oct 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Erich laughs quietly to himself as he feels searing magic well up inside of him. His eyes flicker as two more meteors streak outwards to a spot just behind the lizardfolk, hoping to catch as many as he can. At the same time, his hands

Using Bonus Action to send 2 more of Melf's minute meteors towards the remaining lizards DC 14 Dex save for half damage. Action to cast scorching ray as a 3rd level spell. 1 beam for each of the still standing enemies. All damage is fire, so all 1s are 2s. :)
1st 4/4 | 2nd 3/3 | 3rd 0/2
38/38 HP | 16 AC | Inspiration 0 | 5/5 SP
Meteors: 4/6 Remaining

Rolls

Meteor 1 - (2d6)

(22) = 4

Meteor 2 - (2d6)

(35) = 8

Ray 1 - (2d6)

(44) = 8

Ray 2 - (2d6)

(61) = 7

Ray 3 - (2d6)

(33) = 6

Ray 4 - (2d6)

(32) = 5

Ray Attack 1 (duh) - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Ray Attack 2 (duh) - (1d20+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Ray Attack 3 (duh) - (1d20+6)

(20) + 6 = 26

Ray Attack 4 (duh) - (1d20+6)

(17) + 6 = 23

Ray 3 Crit - (2d6)

(41) = 5

Oct 14, 2018 7:21 pm
Round Two: Erich
Erich's small meteors smash into the group of javelin-throwers, sending flames and sparks spraying across their bodies.

Following the assault of the meteors, he flings several rays of flame at the lizards. Two of them avoid the beams of fire, but two javelin-throwers take the hits.
[ +- ] Enemies
Battlefield Features
North door to outside
OOC:
Remaining: Jon, Xalana
Oct 15, 2018 11:07 pm
Jon crabwalks over to the nearest crate for cover and fires another arrow at the most injured-looking lizardman among the javelin throwers.

Rolls

Shortbow attack vs wounded lizardman - (1d20+3, 1d6+1)

1d20+3 : (18) + 3 = 21

1d6+1 : (6) + 1 = 7

Oct 15, 2018 11:21 pm
Round Two: Jon
As Jon tries to get away from the enemy that's engaged with him, the lizardman in front of him lashes out with his club. Jon rolls over the crate and falls to the ground on the other side, nimbly avoiding the blow before sending an arrow into L6 and striking it in the stomach, sending it down to the ground.
[ +- ] Enemies
Battlefield Features
North door to outside
OOC:
Remaining: Xalana
Oct 17, 2018 3:34 pm
OOC:
Bump for Xalana!
load next

Thread locked