Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Oct 30, 2018 5:52 pm
Bughu nods. "We'll find more answers down this tunnel," he says, and drops through the trap door.
Nov 1, 2018 1:40 pm
Erich sticks close to Bughu and drops through after him, not wanting to be the tail-end of the group.
Nov 1, 2018 6:10 pm
I wait for everyone else to head in before following.
Last edited November 3, 2018 2:52 am
Nov 1, 2018 8:10 pm
You travel for a while and eventually come to an exit. Around you is all marshland. You can hear the sounds of buzzing insects and other animals in the distance. The signs of recent passage are quite clear and the footsteps are easy to see in the muddy ground.
Nov 1, 2018 8:48 pm
"Out of the city?" says Bughu. "No wonder those cultists didn't seem that interested in their wagon once we got to Waterdeep."

He looks back to the others as he checks his weapons. "Ready to move on? We'll follow these tracks as far as we can. Be on the lookout for more lizards and cultists." Bughu scouts ahead to set the trail.

Rolls

Perception, Stealth - (1d20+4, 1d20+7)

1d20+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

1d20+7 : (17) + 7 = 24

Nov 2, 2018 10:44 pm
OOC:
When do you plan on sleeping? It was already fairly late when you found the tunnel, so it's probably close to midnight by now
Nov 2, 2018 11:03 pm
OOC:
How far are we from the city? Maybe we can find a spot to camp off the trail if it seems like we're reasonably alone. I just don't want to be too close to the warehouse for whenever the cultists decide to investigate.
Nov 2, 2018 11:04 pm
By the time you exit the tunnel, you estimate you're a mile or more from the roadhouse
Nov 2, 2018 11:10 pm
Bughu says, "Let's camp somewhere near this trail." He tries to look for a spot that overlooks the path, while remaining hidden from casual observation.
Nov 3, 2018 2:08 am
It has been a proper long time since I've camped in the woods. The caravan doesn't count, whatsoever. Entirely too many people to keep things peaceful at night. Erich said, a little lost in memory for his time alone in the woods. I'll take a middle watch tonight, may as well use my eyesight where it makes sense! he says, with a grin.
Nov 3, 2018 2:51 am
I search for any small creatures in the area.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Nov 5, 2018 4:54 pm
Xalana is unable to find any small animals aside from a few snakes that slither through the marsh. The night passes by uneventfully and you wake in the morning with a number of insect bites, but otherwise unharmed.

Continuing your journey, the path remains clear for the next seven miles of sludgy ground until you come across a campsite. It isn't much of a camp, really - just a clearing that's slightly drier than the muck you've been wading through-but four wicker lean-tos and a stone platform (for lighting a fire above the soggy ground) command attention in this wilderness. Three dugout canoes are drawn up near one of the lean-tos.
[ +- ] Campsite
Leema, you wake after what feels like a long time, a massive headache emanating from a sizable lump on the side of your head. Above you is the roof of a wicker lean-to and below is a mat of something scratchy. You realize that you don't see your weapons and armor.

Naatkinson sent a note to boufan
Nov 5, 2018 5:18 pm
Bughu says, "Let's check it out. If this is where the lizards camped, they must have used those boats to cross the water. Maybe we'll find some clue about where they came from." He pads forward, light crossbow ready against his shoulder, as he keeps his eyes open for anyone that might still occupy the camp.

Rolls

Stealth, Perception - (1d20+7, 1d20+4)

1d20+7 : (5) + 7 = 12

1d20+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

Nov 5, 2018 9:01 pm
Leema slowly sits up, grimacing from the pain radiating through her head. "Once again Molack's intel ends up with me getting knocked unconscious" she murmurs, inspecting her new found accommodations. Thinking she might be able to pry her way out of the room, her hand instinctively moves towards the hilt of her dagger only to find that her weapons have been taken.

"Molack!!"

Deciding that any rash action at this point will only make things worse, she sits quietly and listens for any movement or conversation.
Last edited November 6, 2018 11:56 am

Rolls

Perception maybe? - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Nov 6, 2018 5:42 am
"Be careful. Let's make sure there aren't any nasty surprises in store." I start checking the ground for any traps.

Rolls

Perception? - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Nov 7, 2018 12:21 am
From the looks of it, you'd guess that the the camp is still being used, but the occupants are just not here at the moment.

Xalana is not able to find any traps around the camp.

Leema, you hear footsteps and talking outside. The voices sound human and speak in common, which is a nice change over the draconic that the lizardfolk speak.
Nov 7, 2018 3:15 am
"All clear. No traps here. One less thing to worry about."
Nov 7, 2018 5:03 am
Bughu approaches closer to investigate, mindful of blind spots that might house an ambush. He steps into the camp proper, ready to clear the area if needed.
Nov 7, 2018 8:35 pm
Unsure of who the new voices belong to Leema decides not to call out directly to the strangers but still attemtps to draw their attention.

*cough* *cough*
Nov 7, 2018 8:46 pm
Bughu holds a hand up to his party, then points in the direction of the noise. His crossbow leading the way, he investigates by stepping around the lean-to to assess the occupant.
load next

Thread locked