Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Nov 12, 2018 10:23 pm
"Maybe they were in a hurry" Leema offers as she grabs her gear from Bughu. She takes a quick inventory of her equipment and realizes that her coins and diamonds are gone. "That's not good" she mumbles under breath.

She offers her thanks to Erich for looking at her wound while she begins to don her armor. "Appreciate the help, friend. My name is Leema, Leema Rask. Medic in service to Tempus."
Nov 13, 2018 4:42 pm
Bughu finds that the only other tracks in the area lead up to where the canoes sit on the edge of the stream. It looks like there were some other canoes here a short time ago as well.
Nov 13, 2018 4:57 pm
"Bughu Khatagi," says the archer. "What will you do now?"
Nov 13, 2018 11:17 pm
Leema stares blankly at Bughu for an awkward amount of time as she considers how to answer.

"I need to find out what happened to the others." she says, breaking her silence.

"And I need to recover what was taken from me by the scaleys. The best way to do both of those things is to track them and get some answers."

She finishes securing her weapons and gear before offering, "If you're looking for another hand in your attempt to track these things I'd be more than happy to volunteer.
Nov 13, 2018 11:34 pm
Bughu nods. "Do you have a map of the area?" he asks. "The lizards must have taken some of these boats, but I don't know of anything nearby they could have gone to."
Nov 14, 2018 1:45 am
M'name's Erich Vannal, pleasure to meet you, although better circumstances would certainly have been preferable.
Nov 14, 2018 2:11 am
"Indeed, Erich. The middle of a scaley camp is never the place for a proper introduction."

"As far as a map, that would be with our scout. My map reading skills are... poor, at best."
Nov 15, 2018 3:15 pm
As you speak, you hear, in the distance, the occasional splash of oars and voices hissing the the tongue of the dragons. Erich can hear the words, but they don't seem overly important ("Watch for that log", "Almost there")
Nov 15, 2018 3:25 pm
Shhh, we've got more lizardlips rowing off in the distance. Erich says, gesturing towards the sound.
Nov 15, 2018 3:26 pm
After a few more moments, you can tell that the sounds are getting closer.
Nov 15, 2018 4:12 pm
"Hide," says Bughu, already looking around for a place to spring an ambush. As his gaze falls across Leema, he considers something. "Don't know if they're expecting you to still be here," he finally says, "but I'm not about to leave anyone out in the open. If these newcomers aren't expecting a prisoner, things will look normal. If they are, maybe they'll be confused enough that we can take advantage of it."

To everyone, he says, "We'll need to know where they came from. Try to leave one alive and talking." Bughu heads into the brush for cover.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+7)

(13) + 7 = 20

Nov 15, 2018 8:41 pm
"Whatever they're expecting, they won't be finding a prisoner." Leema responds in a hushed tone. She looks for a suitable location to hide that will hopefully support the others if a fight breaks out. She motions to Bughu where she'll be positioned and moves into place, keeping an eye open as to Erich's whereabouts.

She crouches down and reluctantly prepares her crossbow. "I hate this thing" she complains, loading a bolt into the weapon.

Rolls

Stealth Check - Disadvantage - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 : (15) + 1 = 16

1d20+1 : (20) + 1 = 21

Nov 18, 2018 4:40 am
I pop my head over the edge of the lean-to and address Leema. "Hey there! Name's Xalana. Sorry, didn't mean to startle you. Just wanted to keep watch to make sure everything was clear. Sounds like it isn't anymore. Anyway, nice to meet you! Hope we can help you find your friends." As an afterthought, she creates a fuzzy image of Leema laying in the makeshift lean-to, as described by the others to the best of her ability. Then she looks for a place to hide.
OOC:
Using Minor Illusion to create fake Leema.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(11) + 6 = 17

Nov 20, 2018 2:14 pm
Several minutes later, three canoes land on the bank and a dozen lizardfolk climb out and walk into the camp. They looks suspiciously around the camp and begin speaking. Erich understands the words, "They should be back soon. The humans will not be pleased if the delivery is late..."
Nov 20, 2018 2:20 pm
Erich sits very still, watching for any clue as to what he should do from Bughu.

Don't just blow all of them up, you can't take this many of them. Wait until the group makes a decision Erich.
Nov 20, 2018 3:30 pm
Eager for vengeance Leema says a small prayer asking for Tempus' protection. She then lines up a shot with her crossbow on one of the lead lizardmen and waits.
OOC:
She cast Shield of Faith on herself for +2 AC for 10 minutes. AC = 19
Nov 20, 2018 4:58 pm
Unfamiliar with the Draconic tongue, Bughu sets his sights on the new arrivals. Sparing a glance to ensure his companions are in position, he makes eye contact and gives a nod. The lizardfolk are in a good kill zone, and now is the time to strike.

The archer launches two quick bolts from his light crossbow, then readies his smaller handheld one as he steps out of cover to engage and draw attention from the others.
OOC:
Keeping a bit of distance in case anyone unleashes an area-effect, but exposing my position to get the lizardfolk's eyes on me.

Rolls

Light Crossbow, Advantage, Piercing Damage - (1d20+9, 1d20+9, 1d8+4)

1d20+9 : (5) + 9 = 14

1d20+9 : (10) + 9 = 19

1d8+4 : (8) + 4 = 12

Extra Attack Light Crossbow (Ignore Loading), Advantage, Piercing Damage - (1d20+9, 1d20+9, 1d8+4)

1d20+9 : (5) + 9 = 14

1d20+9 : (8) + 9 = 17

1d8+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

Nov 20, 2018 6:07 pm
OOC:
You all get to surprise the enemy. Go ahead and take your turns
Nov 20, 2018 6:23 pm
Erich shifts to get as many of the lizards in a row as possible, chanting and presenting a crystal. With a flare, a roaring gout of flame rushes forward, rushing across the lizards.

Casting Aganazzar's scorcher towards the lizards, trying to catch as many as possible. DC 14 Dex save for half damage. Burning a Sorcery Point to reroll up to 3 damage dice. All damage is fire, so all 1s are 2s. :) Damn, shouldn't have rerolled.... 17 damage/8 damage if they make their save.
1st 4/4 | 2nd 1/3 | 3rd 0/2
34/38 HP | 16 AC | Inspiration 0 | 4/5 SP
Last edited November 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Rolls

Scorcher Damage - (3d8)

(784) = 19

Try rerolling the 4? - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Nov 20, 2018 7:21 pm
Impressed with the way the others eagerly jump into battle Leema smiles slightly as she squeezes the trigger on her crossbow.

Before the bolt even finds its mark she quickly drops the weapon and readies her sword and shield - hoping to engage any lizards that have taking Bughu's bait.
OOC:
With the shield Leema's AC would be 21.

Rolls

Heavy Crossbow Attack - (1d20+4, 1d10+1)

1d20+4 : (10) + 4 = 14

1d10+1 : (9) + 1 = 10

Advantage for being hidden? - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

load next

Thread locked