Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Dec 15, 2018 3:26 pm
So you never bothered to learn which of the humans was responsible for paying you? Seems like a dumb way to go about your business. Where do you take the weapons and armor?
OOC:
Going to try putting some intimidation on them. Potential advantage because they are tied up and their crew got roasted in like 18 seconds.

Rolls

Intimidation (adv if applicable) - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (10) + 3 = 13

1d20+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

Dec 17, 2018 2:58 pm
"We take the payment to our tribe," it replies as if that should be the most obvious thing in the world.
Dec 17, 2018 3:56 pm
"Where is this castle? Where do they take the gold?" Bughu asks.
Dec 18, 2018 4:09 pm
"Follow the stream, it's impossible to miss," it replies, "And I don't care where they take the gold. We get our payment. Is all that matters."
Dec 18, 2018 4:16 pm
Bughu continues his line of questioning through Erich's translation. "How many humans are at the castle? Who do you speak with? What passwords do you have? Or do you just row up to the castle with your cargo?"
Dec 19, 2018 1:22 am
Erich continues the translation, mind racing to keep up with Bughu's questioning. As they respond, he makes mental notes of their attitude towards non-lizardfolk.

No wonder grandmother hunted these vermin. he thinks to himself, doing his best to keep his slowly building anger in check, lest he unleash furious fires across the captives.
Dec 21, 2018 5:03 pm
Leema continues to listen to the translated conversation, trying to piece together exactly what the others have been doing that led them to the lizardmen.
Dec 21, 2018 5:52 pm
"Just row up. They know why we are there."
Dec 21, 2018 6:01 pm
"Anyone else have any questions?" Bughu asks of the others. "I've got our next destination in this bloody mission, and we'll probably find more information there than from these guys. Speaking of which, what should we do with them?"

He casts a sidelong glance at Erich, knowing the sorcerer is the only one that has seen what Bughu has done to other prisoners.
Dec 22, 2018 11:26 pm
I have no use for these ones. They don't pay attention to names, so they aren't even a good warning if we leave them. If the others have no qualms, feel free to deal with them as you will. he says in common, standing up from his position on the ground. As he turns to the prisoners and grins wildly.
[ +- ] Draconic
Dec 22, 2018 11:46 pm
OOC:
Oh dark! There's no evidence they worship Tiamat and their only crimes were smuggling and defending 'their' land :-P
Dec 23, 2018 12:44 am
OOC:
Eh, they are providing the cult with weapons. For Erich and his familial history, it's enough of a connection to Tiamat. Plus, he's tired. :P
Dec 24, 2018 6:20 pm
"If they're anything like Langdedrosa, mercy is a foreign concept," says Bughu. "However, they may still be of some use to us. Tell them to row us to the castle. We'll make like we have another shipment. How does that sound?"
Dec 24, 2018 7:46 pm
"How do we know they’ll take us there and not into some sort of trap?"
Dec 28, 2018 5:41 am
"We can trust them. I mean, they haven't lied to us yet... right?"

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+7)

(19) + 7 = 26

Dec 28, 2018 4:52 pm
As far as Xalana can tell, the lizardfolk have been totally honest throughout this exchange.
Jan 4, 2019 4:34 pm
"Let's go," says Bughu, hoisting one of the lizardfolk up and pushing them to the boats. "If they betray us, we kill them."

He pauses, and look to Leema. "I don't know if it's on your way, but that castle is where we'll find answers, I think. We're following a Dragon Cult trail, and so far we've determined that they've been plundering local villages and towns of treasure and smuggling everything north. We need to find out what they're planning and where all of these valuables are ending up."
OOC:
I can't remember if we filled in Leema on our task, so I'll do it now.
Jan 4, 2019 8:51 pm
"So you believe the scalies to be working with this Dragon Cult." Leema half asks half states. "It would explain some of the behavior my battalion was sent out to investigate."

She ponders the situation for a brief moment before agreeing to go with the others.

"The castle may very well provide the answers we're looking for. Perhaps I can also find out what happened to the others in my unit."
Jan 6, 2019 7:41 pm
It's good to have you with us Leema. More eyes will be helpful for sure. Erich says, extending his hand to shake politely.
Jan 8, 2019 9:09 pm
"And friends. We can always use more friends."
load next

Thread locked