OOC Megathread

load previous
Jun 16, 2015 5:11 pm
Agreed. Two of the groups I play with regularly play pretty hardcore with limited healing (not 5th edition), so I felt pretty dirty explaining the liberal heals you get in 5th when we played as it was. It certainly didn't help that it was also extra difficult because of the clunky terminology.
Jun 16, 2015 5:40 pm
One really nice thing is how flexible it is. The healing doesn't have to be that liberal. My weekly game that I play in is doing temple of elemental evil updated to 5e. The gm is using the core, short rests are an hour, rule. Since we are always crawling a dungeon, what this means is that except in rare cases, we don't get to take short rests. You can't just sit down in a dungeon corridor and rest for an hour without a bugbear patrol running across you!
Jun 16, 2015 6:44 pm
That's a good point. One hour is a long time when a lot of things can happen :) Especially in the temple of elemental evil.
Jun 17, 2015 11:54 am
What the he'll was the paralysis all about? LOL An effect of the bats? Kinda freaked me out for a minute.
Jun 17, 2015 1:01 pm
Fungus (any character trained in Nature would know, I just didn't check to see who, if anyone, would piece it together).

If you had delayed more upstairs you might have had that happen while fighting the bats.
Jun 17, 2015 1:03 pm
Yikes! Good thing we didn't. Also, I kinda doubt anyone has that sill proficiency, but oh well.
Jun 18, 2015 4:17 pm
The kick will be necessary as the door is barred. The good news is, the kick is well beyond good enough to break the old thing.

I say this here so you can all carry on posting after Rurik has his response and there's no need to wait for me to get around to replying.
Jun 19, 2015 6:14 pm
Kicking in all the doors! though this last roll was a little weak, maybe 5e bounded accuracy will throw me a bone on this one.

I'll be away this weekend, if we encounter anything, Corban will perform his fighterly duty and charge forth, swinging his longsword.
Jun 19, 2015 6:55 pm
I'm going to guess a were-rat is attacking us. Initiative time!
Jun 19, 2015 7:00 pm
If it was attacking I would have posted initiative. He's brandishing a weapon and asking a question but he hasn't struck out to attack. You could attack though, that's one available response.
Jun 19, 2015 7:03 pm
Oh that's right. Sorry to jump the gun.
Jun 19, 2015 7:06 pm
Lol, that's fine. This little tower adventure is an Intro to both the game, the format and my idiosyncrasies as a gm.

Edit: and attacking is a totally valid option, I'm not trying to force you to have a conversation ;)
Jun 19, 2015 7:16 pm
Kaiakas will not hesitate to attack someone or something already attacking, but not a sentient being appearing to defend his home and question intruders.
Jun 20, 2015 11:36 pm
Gotta love rolling a 20. :-)
Jun 22, 2015 12:12 am
Sweet! I got loot for making a friend! :)
Jun 22, 2015 11:33 am
You would've found the loot either way. Making a friend got you an NPC combatant for the upcoming battle :)
Jun 22, 2015 12:35 pm
I know, but I like that I made a friend :)
Jun 22, 2015 4:03 pm
And I'm glad you did! It has shown nicely that not all conflicts need to be resolved with a blade (and that even wererats can be circumstantially nice creatures ;)).

Also, I will continue to control Reina. Once this prologue is over (you're nearly there), if Morrowind hasn't surfaced at that point then Reina will go into stasis and I will put out a call for a replacement player (you really need a full party for this adventure... oh boy do you).
Jun 22, 2015 5:07 pm
That sounds ominous...
Jun 22, 2015 9:49 pm
Grendel, I think your plan will work. I don't know if anyone else wants to call dibs on the silver stuff. I don't care. I was thinking about using my Thaumaturgy spell for something. Get their attention or scare them... Not sure yet
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.