OOC Megathread

load previous
Jul 1, 2015 3:40 pm
Thanks!
Jul 3, 2015 1:06 pm
failed its save and is dead.
the other small one will hit gnarl for 3
the big one hits Corban for 6

I'm traveling for the day, but will post officially tonight. you can, however preemptively post your turns.
Jul 3, 2015 1:27 pm
also you can even include descriptions of the results above in your post if you want :)
Jul 3, 2015 2:44 pm
hit and dead

only the big wolf is left
Jul 3, 2015 8:18 pm
Out of town for a wedding this weekend, posting will be interrupted. Feel free to NPC Corban if things need to be moved along.
Jul 6, 2015 10:26 pm
Just curious Candi, as I know you're keeping track, is Corban at 3hp or 6 remaining? I think 3 as I don't believe I completely healed after the last short rest.

I'll definitely be popping my second wind soon :)
Last edited July 6, 2015 10:27 pm
Jul 7, 2015 12:24 am
3 HP :)
Jul 8, 2015 3:33 pm
C'mon folks! Wrap this up! :)
Jul 8, 2015 3:55 pm
Oops! looking back here, I remembered my initial plan! Editing before anyone else jumps in!
Jul 9, 2015 3:44 pm
Ok, I've pushed things along. Please level up to level 2, and feel free to RP a bit while we get through that.

Also, you can still post in the prologue if you want to continue roleplaying back there too. The one lovely thing about play by forum is that we can explore both ends of the timeline :)
Jul 9, 2015 4:22 pm
:o as I level up I've noticed that I'm a dirty cheater. It might not have made a difference at the end of the last battle, but I didn't actually have access to 'Action Surge' yet.

I apologize.

Rolls

Corban HP lev 2 d10+2 - (1d10+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Jul 9, 2015 4:35 pm
Don't worry, it didn't make a difference :)
Jul 9, 2015 4:48 pm
On our travels would I have an opportunity to pick up a shield? I originally didn't buy one because I didn't think it worked with the Duelist fighting style, but it appears it might.

What would you rule on that? Can I get the duelist bonus (+2 Dam w/ single weapon) with a shield?

I was originally playing it that I would be used to fighting with one hand free so when I become an Eldritch Knight down the road, I can be slinging spells with the free hand. But I might as well enjoy the AC bonus while I can...
Jul 9, 2015 5:02 pm
I would permit the shield (as long as it doesn't say *only* a single weapon, or something like that). And yes, you can pick up a shield on the road.
Jul 9, 2015 5:51 pm
So here's a question for the rest of you folk, since I'm having trouble settling on a characterization. What's the tone of the game that we're going for? More light hearted, semi-serious, or leaning more toward grim dark?
Jul 9, 2015 5:59 pm
From my perspective I'd put us at semi-serious, I'm willing to try harder if Candi is going for something more dark. I'm only laying on the light-heartedness thick because of Corban's "inappropriate sense of humour".

And for Candi: Thanks, I've spent my 10gp on a shield for future use. New AC is 18, total HP 20
Jul 9, 2015 6:11 pm
The campaign you're about to embark on is definitely not light hearted. It's going to get serious, but it doesn't have to be dark and grim (it can be though). I'll let the overall tone be set by the way you guys RP - I've tried to stay plausibly realistic (but I haven't yet edged towards dark and grim).
Jul 9, 2015 6:13 pm
Also, it's perfectly apt (and perhaps, even necessary) to have some light-hearted banter between companions. Especially apt in light of horrific, dark and grim events ;) Which is to say, the back-and-forth about were-drool fits perfectly well in a light hearted game as it does in a dark and grim game.
Jul 9, 2015 6:21 pm
Thanks! That should make things easier for me. Though now I have to find a new home for my Kender-inspired fanfic
Last edited July 9, 2015 6:22 pm
Jul 9, 2015 7:50 pm
I'm out of town until tomorrow night and doubt I will be able to level up my player or post much. I'll catch up post haste on Saturday hopefully.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.