OOC Megathread

load previous
Jul 9, 2015 7:54 pm
No worries Arjen, I'm going to be in Ann Arbor until Sunday (as of tomorrow morning) so the main plot won't go anywhere without you :)
Jul 9, 2015 10:39 pm
Can you remind me what happens at level 2? Something with hit dice?
Jul 9, 2015 10:46 pm
You just roll your class' hit die, and add your CON modifier to calculate your total hit points.

Confusingly, you will also have 2 Hit Dice (same as your class' hit die) for use during short rests for healing. Otherwise the rogue just adds the 'Cunning Action' class feature.
Jul 9, 2015 11:33 pm
Oi! Hit Dice! The most confusing mechanic in 5e... luckily I already explained it in this post: http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/617/?p=12090#p12090. Let me know if you're still confused after reading that.

EDIT: All things considered, they could have just borrow language from 4e (instead of pretending it didn't exist at all) and called the damned things Healing Surges and no one would be confused anymore. (instead of being inspired by 2e and making things confusing for confusions sake).
Jul 10, 2015 1:52 am
Some days I think about running a 2E game, and then I flip through the rule books and just laugh and laugh and laugh
Also, second level hit points, hooray!
Last edited July 10, 2015 2:12 am

Rolls

Warlock level 2 Hit points - (1D8)

(3) = 3

Jul 10, 2015 2:10 am
Hey all! Sorry for the lack of posts. Y'all have been blowing up my phone and I feel so bad for not responding. I've been working third shift for the past week and I'm all screwed up. I'm off tomorrow though all I hope to catch up with everything. (Ya leveling up!)
Just wanna say again how much I'm enjoying this.
Thank you! :-)
Jul 12, 2015 1:54 pm
I never played 2e. I played red box then never gain until picking up 5e last summer. I missed quite a bit it seems!

Sorry about the third shift UE! That sounds rough.
Jul 12, 2015 2:06 pm
Candi, what is your say on new spells for my wizard? Can he pick a new one for gaining a level?

I will take 4 + CON = 6 for my hit points. Up to 14 now.

Will pick my arcane focus when you rule on my spell question.
Jul 12, 2015 10:07 pm
I'm still not 100% sure on what I'm supposed to do with hit dice...
Jul 12, 2015 11:27 pm
Moffsalot, you just need to note that you now have two hit dice to use during short rest healing. Its a separate mechanic from rolling your hit dice to add up your new hit points.
Jul 13, 2015 1:36 am
Ok, for my HP I roll a 1d8 (got a 2) and add that to my CON modifier, and then add that to my current HP?
Jul 13, 2015 3:01 am
yup, you got it
Jul 13, 2015 1:12 pm
High five for crappy HP rolls Moofs! ^5
Jul 13, 2015 7:53 pm
Arjen says:
Candi, what is your say on new spells for my wizard? Can he pick a new one for gaining a level?

I will take 4 + CON = 6 for my hit points. Up to 14 now.

Will pick my arcane focus when you rule on my spell question.
Candi, your ruling?
Jul 13, 2015 8:32 pm
Oh right. I forgot to reply to that question:

Yea, Wizards that don't get new spells aren't as fun as ones that do. Each level you can add 1 spell that you can cast to your spell book. You, of course, can also add spells to your spell books by transcribing scrolls you find (or, should the opportunity arise, the spells from another wizard's spell book). But, each level, you get a free one (that will represent the product of learning and experimentation and the fruits of self-discovery).
Jul 13, 2015 8:36 pm
Wizards and their "self-discovery"...

Speaking of which, Arjen, I was going to start laying on a bit thickly about Corban trying to learn things about magic from you, so that when(*if) he gets to level 3, the transition to Eldritch Knight won't be as big of a conceptual leap. Does that sound ok to you? And Candi for that matter?
Jul 13, 2015 9:06 pm
that sounds amazing to me. have i said how much of a pleasure it is to gm for you folks?
Jul 13, 2015 11:28 pm
I'm fairly certain Kaiakas is going with Order of Vengeance at level 3.
Jul 14, 2015 2:03 am
^5 'dro!

You guys are just gonna have to keep me alive long enough to single-handedly kill all our enemies!
Jul 14, 2015 3:35 am
Yes, Grendel! I think that will be a nice direction to take them.

Okay, I'll read through the spells tonight and pick an arcane tradition and get my downtime post up sometime tomorrow.

Agreed Candi, this has been a great experience thus far. I'm truly excited about this one going the distance, a rarity for PbP!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.