OOC Megathread

load previous
Jul 14, 2015 10:46 pm
I just have the free version of 5e. What other specialties can a Rogue pick up at level 3?
Jul 14, 2015 11:12 pm
Assassin and arcane trickster (magic type). Assassin is pretty badass for busting out nasty critical hits.
Jul 15, 2015 3:49 pm
So what's stopping folks from posting in the new thread? Do I need to push things along? I was hoping this level up time would be filled with causal in-character RPing (and maybe even our new rogue stalking the group from the woods?)... If you folks are uniformly unsure how to get involved with where I staged things, though, then I'm happy to oblige and throw some action your way to get the pot stirring ;)
Jul 15, 2015 4:16 pm
I was going to throw something up last night, but shall do it now.
Jul 15, 2015 4:37 pm
Great! Bonus points for Corban (disclaimer: bonus points aren't not used for anything). And, as an added kicker, you've dragged the new party member into the group. That was probably the best way, as 'already a member' avoids possible conflict when meeting new prospective party members in other ways.
Jul 15, 2015 11:07 pm
I was going to grab a drink at a tavern or something but I'm fine with joining the group however you'd like!
Last edited July 15, 2015 11:08 pm
Jul 15, 2015 11:31 pm
Kaiakas is probably going to come off as a big ol grump.
Also, does anyone have the survival skill for us to eat and have shelter during this long journey?
Last edited July 15, 2015 11:31 pm
Jul 16, 2015 12:16 am
Moofsalot says:
I was going to grab a drink at a tavern or something but I'm fine with joining the group however you'd like!
The group won't be back at a tavern for a bit, so it's probably better this way ;) (I fast-forwarded to the front end of the action... I left a time gap on purpose actually; which I may eventually tell you guys about ;))
Jul 16, 2015 1:30 am
If Corban gets a little too cheeky Kaiakas, feel free to back hand him, Corban won't escalate the situation ;)
I mostly think it'll be interesting to play the lawful Paladin off of the chaotic fighter when both are essentially good hearted.
Jul 16, 2015 1:59 am
I have a feeling Corban and Xara will get along famously.
Jul 16, 2015 4:04 pm
Which is why he and Rurik are buddies!
unique_exemplar says:
Kaiakas is probably going to come off as a big ol grump.
Also, does anyone have the survival skill for us to eat and have shelter during this long journey?
Jul 16, 2015 4:24 pm
Corban's got a solid -1 in survival ;-)

"That plant looks edible enough..."
Jul 16, 2015 4:26 pm
I'm going to assume you've been able to find food, one way or another. You might have some funny stories about Corban eating mildly poisonous berries, and you may have had to eat stale rations on more than one occasion, but you managed to get to where you are.

Once Rurik has posted I'm going to get things rolling (in a way, this lite RP is a roll call :P)
Jul 16, 2015 4:27 pm
"Corban... that's a rock."
Last edited July 16, 2015 4:28 pm
Jul 17, 2015 2:53 pm
Which map are you referring to that we are at the bottom of Candi?
Jul 17, 2015 3:47 pm
I forgot the link. Ha!

This one (updated the post to include it).

Note: I use battle maps like this only to provide bearings, we're not actually counting squares or anything (mostly a note for Moofs, the rest of you probably figured that out by now ;))
Jul 17, 2015 5:03 pm
Are the hobgoblins all armed with melee weapons?
Jul 17, 2015 5:13 pm
They have both Longswords and Long Bows.
Jul 18, 2015 12:55 am
Try to only post during your initiative bracket (this way, you can be sure you're target is alive when you roll! And also, it may help strategizing. That said, you're free to post ahead of your bracket, in which case I'll resolve your action when your turn actually rolls around) -- of course you're free to post in any order within a bracket. For all future combats I'm going to split initiative into only two brackets (no splitting the PCs up with a single monster group like this combat). But for now, we're committed to this way.
Jul 18, 2015 1:59 am
I figured my turn would happen in initiative order. Also, Xara is not one to follow any sort of plan. :)

But hey, we've got some efficient killers on our team! Hooray!
Last edited July 18, 2015 2:02 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.