OOC Megathread

load previous
Jul 22, 2015 11:18 pm
Lol yes we do, Moofsalot.
Jul 22, 2015 11:33 pm
Hence the new action option :P (it helps me too though.. hehehe)
Jul 22, 2015 11:34 pm
Of course, you guys hit like TANKS for the first two rounds, so maybe it's just dice-roller karma balancing the probability distribution out ;)
Jul 23, 2015 3:14 am
As a scientist, I'm going to support the probability explanation.
Jul 23, 2015 11:50 am
Yes, half movement. Where are you dragging him to? Down the escarpment onto the middle of the road (where three new hobgoblins are charging towards)? Into the woods?
Jul 23, 2015 3:16 pm
Into the woods.
Jul 23, 2015 11:56 pm
Apparently my dice roller hates me as much as the forum roller hates you guys.

In other news, I remembered that I had a second hell hound.
Jul 24, 2015 1:44 am
Did I nail the cleric?
Jul 24, 2015 1:58 am
You did! In remembering the Hell Hound I forgot Rurik. The Cleric is very hurt, but not quite dead (edited my summary post).
Jul 24, 2015 2:09 am
Someone stabilized me, right? Lol sorry, at work and phone is being a pain
Jul 24, 2015 11:47 am
Yeah you got stabilized by Zaris last turn.
Jul 24, 2015 1:36 pm
Sorry that you're KOd for all the action.. You did a good thing before you went down (one less arrow flying at Corban.. and apparently absorbed all of the dice-luck that the archers had)... I've run this adventure (partially, never finished) a few times before and this battle tends to unravel in one of two ways (no matter what edition I use):

1. The players smash it to pieces (and you guys were on track to do this until the dice decided to punish you)
2. It drags out and there are (or nearly are) some PC casualties

Lesson: Never engaged in a protracted battle, it's bad for everyone (and in this case, the badness is asymmetric -- it's more bad for PCs than NPCs ;))
Jul 24, 2015 2:23 pm
Should I keep hammering away at the cleric? Or start picking off the rank and file?
Jul 24, 2015 2:54 pm
The cleric is probably the biggest threat for us at the moment given the casting ability. I'm hoping Zaris will be able to pick off a rank and file himself this next turn.
Jul 24, 2015 3:10 pm
While, as a GM, I resist offering this kind of advice, if you were familiar with Cleric spells you would keep hammering the Cleric.

Some facts you might not have inferred:

He's demonstrated that he can cast level 1 spells, he must be able to cast at least 3 per day and so far he's only used 2 (Cure Wounds and Guiding Bolt), which means he has at least 1 Cure left (which would really set you back on the demonstrably hard to hit armoured guy) or he could use another Guiding Bolt (which will almost certainly lead to a PC KO -- it's 4d6 Damage and the next attack on the target has Advantage. That greatsword also hits like a truck).

This last round he cast Guidance on the big guy, which gives the big guy a d4 he can add to any one attack roll after rolling. Cleric PCs are pretty good, but Cleric NPCs are really good (because, since NPCs usually die, they tend to burn ALL of their spells in the course of a single battle; while PCs spread out the good stuff over several battles by necessity).
Jul 24, 2015 3:13 pm
Lovely. Thank you.
Jul 24, 2015 4:14 pm
Oh he is getting pounded like a bottle of vodka at a college party!
He shoots he scores!
Last edited July 24, 2015 4:22 pm
Jul 24, 2015 5:00 pm
Maybe we should take a nap and let others do the killing...
Jul 24, 2015 5:38 pm
Moofsalot says:
Maybe we should take a nap and let others do the killing...
On the other hand, Xara and Corban are providing alternative targets of attack that aren't Rurik, whose slowly blasting his way through the enemies.
Jul 24, 2015 5:39 pm
Clearly that was the plan!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.