OOC Megathread

load previous
Jul 28, 2015 3:50 pm
No, but you have Disadvantage.
Jul 29, 2015 10:52 pm
How do bonus actions work? Could I attack and then disengage, or would that leave me open to an aoo?
Jul 29, 2015 11:51 pm
You get 1 Move, 1 Action and 1 Bonus Action a round -- although you can only spend the Bonus Action if you have an ability (as Rogues do) that lets you spend it. One use of the rogue ability is to do exactly what you describe (Attack, Disengage, then Move - so that you attack and escape without getting an attack of opportunity).

Also, I will post tomorrow. My wife and I went on a day trip to Niagra and wine-country (she's napping right now but I don't have my notes here!)
Aug 2, 2015 4:20 pm
Wellll I think I'm dead.
Aug 2, 2015 11:03 pm
Straight dead is if your HP drops to negative your maximum. If that happened, then I'm afraid yes, Xara is dead. If you didn't drop that far into negative, your HP sets itself to zero and you will begin making death saves (d20 roll at the start of your turn, success on 10+, failure under 9). Fail 3 and you die.

EDIT: You succeeded on the save, so you only took 5 Damage. So you're at 0 HP and you owe me 1 Death Save (an unmodified d20 roll which is what you would have done with your turn this round). Not dead yet, but three failures on Death Saves and you will be (but a party member could, as Zaris did for Kaiakas, stabilize you with a Medicine check or by using a charge on a Herbalism Kit).
Aug 2, 2015 11:05 pm
Oh I must have missed that. I thought dead was still -10. Cool!
Aug 3, 2015 12:03 am
Oh! I read that wrong and thought that we had to roll a 17. Whew!
Aug 3, 2015 2:23 am
unique_exemplar says:
Oh I must have missed that. I thought dead was still -10. Cool!
I've been running it as minus half maximum (and as minus maximum until level 3, because at level 1 and 2 half maximum is almost the same as zero).

EDIT: I may not actually be following the rules as written. Now that I think about it, I don't know where I got that idea from :P
Aug 3, 2015 1:31 pm
Hooray for temporary hit points! I'm barely clinging to consciousness at 1hp
Aug 3, 2015 2:50 pm
You can also take your turn Rurik, if you're not down.
Aug 5, 2015 2:57 pm
I'm safely back from Alaska! Nothing like hiking out there in Denali to get inspiration for rpgs! I kept imagining orc patrols off in the distance on the ridges.

I'll read through the posts this morning and get back into the game. Crossing my fingers that my wizard stayed out of trouble...
Aug 6, 2015 3:33 pm
Will attacks against the commanded hobbo be at advantage?
Aug 6, 2015 3:47 pm
nope. The effect of "Drop" via command is that they drop whatever they are holding and end their turn.
Aug 6, 2015 3:47 pm
Actually wait, yes heck yes. He is now unarmed and that's a huge disadvantage.
Aug 7, 2015 1:03 am
Am I still unconscious? I assume I made my death save since I rolled a 20 but I'm not sure what happens after that...
Aug 7, 2015 1:17 am
I just checked the rules on rolling a 20 on a death save, and you are actually conscious with 1 HP now!
Aug 7, 2015 3:41 am
Hooray for a natural 20 when your life is in the balance!
Aug 7, 2015 3:26 pm
Yay for 20s! Also high five to Moofs for joining the "dropped during the first fight I was involved in club"!
Aug 7, 2015 5:08 pm
Sweet! FYI am away for a wedding this weekend but will try to post late this evening.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.