OOC Megathread

load previous
Sep 23, 2015 12:01 pm
Where did Corban and Kaiakas go? I remember them moving forward before Xara
Sep 23, 2015 12:06 pm
Good question: Map

First Corban and Kaiakas scrambled over the big hole in the south wall (bottom of map) of the keep. Then, everyone else followed. Then, Xara followed her nose, through the hole in the wall of the building tucked in the bottom left corner.

EDIT: The rest of the party is still just inside the couryard, on the other side of the hole in the main keep wall you climbed over (so bottom of the map, but inside the wall perimeter) Make sense?
Sep 23, 2015 12:14 pm
Yeah I get it now. Thanks :)
Sep 23, 2015 12:16 pm
I do wish that I could upload files to this site and then draw on them (like super basic paint functionality). Uploading files to my personal website is such a pain, but sometimes a little "x" or two on a map would go a long way to clearing up things.
Sep 23, 2015 6:32 pm
In another game I'm in the GM seems to have decent success using Google slides,it allows players to move themselves around, and apply little condition markers and so on.
Sep 23, 2015 6:34 pm
I don't want to get caught up in the miniature-like details of movement, but that could be a quick way to provide a sense of where everyone is without the awkward descriptions :)
Sep 23, 2015 6:37 pm
Yeah fair enough. I do enjoy this more descriptive style.
Sep 24, 2015 6:02 pm
Gmail starts putting gamersplane posts in my 'updates' folder every few months, pretty annoying.
Sep 24, 2015 10:05 pm
I posted in the wrong thread, so I'll continue here.

I can see my character forming a major bond with Xara, as she seems like the type of person that would most-likely be found in the thick of things and therefore the opportunities for glory ought to be good. Ideally Xara wouldn't make fun of Pawetha's height or abilities; it tends to sour Pawetha's opinion of those around her (if her personality is the type that she would, it might not work).

If Candi approves, I'm initially thinking the two got together at some point a while back, wandering from place to place or wherever Xara's adventures went. Perhaps when Xara joined the party, my character was off-screen doing something on the side? Maybe Xara needed something delivered or retrieved, or I'm on a mission outside of town and am now in the process of catching up?

I also don't know if this relationship would have room for minor bonds with the other characters. Any suggestions?
Sep 24, 2015 10:22 pm
You can assume I approve of any backstory that links characters together in a positive way :)
Sep 24, 2015 10:32 pm
That could work. Or maybe Xara told you she'd be done with the treasure-hunting mission within a week and they'd meet up then, only to forget about it when the group started this side-mission.

You could have easily met one of the other party members without her having known it. Or maybe Xara introduced you to Corban at some point.

She's not likely to make fun of Pawetha since they have the same goals. The same can not be said for the more "serious" members of the party. Even so, it's more light-hearted ribbing.
Last edited September 24, 2015 10:32 pm
Sep 25, 2015 4:35 am
Thanks Moofsalot, I think that will work. Pawetha heard tales of a legendary adventurer capable of great feats, and sought out the flamboyant Xara to partner up and find the biggest stone upon which to carve their names.

I'd like a minor bond with Corban; if he agrees, perhaps a joint dungeon-delve in the past brought him to my character's acquaintance. That's assuming Xara knows Corban and would have done such a thing.

I think Pawetha's absence could be explained with her temper; a bar brawl landed her in minor trouble with the local constabulary, and she had to spend time in custody before being released. It's an unspoken agreement that Pawetha would not hinder Xara's quest for glory, and indeed Pawetha is self-sufficient enough to survive on her own. She knows the direction Xara went and how many days ahead, and is now catching up.

Hopefully that's enough to work her way in?
Sep 25, 2015 5:03 am
Sounds great. Corban is a former military man, who did the merc/adventurer thing to get him in contact with Kaiakas, so another delve somewhere in there would work.

After meeting Zaris however , I imagine Corban spent a lot more time with him, so unless we link you with Zaris as well, it would work better with Corban of they'd met earlier in their respective careers (or at least Corban's, I'm not sure of Gnome lifespan off the top of my head).
Sep 25, 2015 11:41 am
All sounds good to me!
Sep 25, 2015 11:53 am
To answer your question in the game thread: yes! Roll another attack, and always include damage rolls just in case :)
Sep 25, 2015 3:49 pm
Gnomes live a long time, so it's very conceivable to have met Corban a while back. I also wouldn't mind a connection to Zaris, but that would depend if Xara also knows the elf.

For now I'll wait in the green room until Candi gives me my cue.
Sep 25, 2015 6:04 pm
Welcome aboard!
Do advantage and disadvantage cancel each other out?
Sep 25, 2015 6:31 pm
Yes they do.
Sep 26, 2015 9:01 am
As for the character-in-waiting, it's a bit of an awkward moment to include you (middle of combat and all). However, given your backstory this is a good location for you to suddenly turn up in (as you knew Xara was heading to Vraath Keep, and they just happen to be at Vraath Keep.. and happen to have taken a bit of a detour to pick up Jorr before going there).

Keep an eye on things, and follow the thread. I'll tap you in the thread when it's time for your entry.
Sep 26, 2015 3:20 pm
Oh man if that Minotaur has allergies, I'm going to be his worst enemy with the amount of dust I drop on him!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.