OOC Megathread

load previous
Oct 15, 2015 4:21 pm
Yes! Time for a crash course in fire bolt slinging Zaris!

So we have a tonne of shinies now, how should we divvie it up? Let me know if I miss anything:
Chain shirt
Staff
Gauntlets
Sword

Is chain shirt still a thing in 5e,or is it just chain mail?
Oct 15, 2015 4:25 pm
There was also a pair of gloves with the skeleton holding the sword I think?
I'd like to use anything charisma boosting, if it exists.
Also do we want to rest here and ID this stuff?
Oct 15, 2015 4:29 pm
Damned 5e!

Here's the deal - for whomever wants it, it will become an appropriate bit of armor for that character (and I'll retcon appropriately -- that's actually how I prefer to do "module" loot anyway). Let me save you all some time as well (note I've modified some of these from their stats in the DMG, so whomever takes it will need to record the details on their character sheet):

1. Chain Shirt is +1 Mithral. +1 means +1 AC over its normal rating, and mithral means that if it normally imposes disadvantage on stealth, or has a strength requirement, it doesn't.

2. +1 Frost Brand Longsword. +1d6 frost damage; once per hour you may draw the weapon and extinguish all non-magical flame within 30 feet of you; while wielding it it glows faintly blue (with the light of a torch). This glowing cannot be suppressed.

3. Staff of Healing. 10 Charges max (7 at the moment). 1 action to expend charges to cast a spell in the staff with DC set by your spell casting ability (only useable by spell casters): Cure Wounds (1 charge per level, up to level 4); Lesser Restoration (2 charges); Mass Cure Wounds (5 charges). The staff recovers 1d6+4 charges daily at dawn. If it is ever reduced to 0 charges, roll 1d20. On a 1, the staff turns to dust.

4. Gauntlets of Ogre Power. While wearing these, your Str is set to 19.

5. Giant's Spiked Gauntlets. These are magical gauntlets sized for a giant (being magical, however, they'll resize if you try to wear them). As a reaction, when you are hit by an attack, you may deal 1d10 damage to the attacker.
Oct 15, 2015 4:30 pm
The time you're spending looking around and looking at things constitutes enough 'resting' to figure out what all this stuff does. You've been (and will continue to be, with all the looking about Pawetha is doing and discussions I'm sure you'll have) at least 30min.
Oct 15, 2015 4:36 pm
Candi says:

3. Staff of Healing. 10 Charges max (7 at the moment). 1 action to expend charges to cast a spell in the staff with DC set by your spell casting ability (only useable by spell casters):
What DC would there be for these spells or is the DC to use the device?
Oct 15, 2015 4:37 pm
Ceadron says:
Candi says:

3. Staff of Healing. 10 Charges max (7 at the moment). 1 action to expend charges to cast a spell in the staff with DC set by your spell casting ability (only useable by spell casters):
What DC would there be for these spells or is the DC to use the device?
No DC for those spells. That was me just uncritically copying the full staff rules out.
Oct 15, 2015 4:38 pm
Ah, this is my first experience with magic items in 5E
Oct 15, 2015 4:39 pm
In brief, they just work (although some require you to take half an hour to attune -- everything except the staff requires attunement)
Oct 15, 2015 4:47 pm
I could benefit from either set of gauntletsgauntlets, though I've got a decent strength already so if someone else wants that boost that's cool.
Oct 15, 2015 4:54 pm
There's not really anything that makes sense for Rurik, as a character, to take (not a complaint Candi, promise)
Oct 15, 2015 5:00 pm
Maybe I'll take the chain shirt?

Leveling and such will have to wait until tonight.
Oct 15, 2015 5:14 pm
I'll let you all have first dibs, even on the money. There was also a wand on the bugbear.

I do have a hilarious image of a short and skinny gnome with oversized gloves picking up ogre-sized boulders, though.

Slightly off-topic, but for spells known by classes such as bards and rangers, is the selection of spells fixed? Meaning that if I picked a spell a while back, but decide that I want to change it for a different one, is that not allowed?
Oct 15, 2015 5:18 pm
I believe Xara has the wand (of magic missile) in her pockets (with all the gold).
Oct 15, 2015 5:20 pm
I believe you can swap out one/level
Related to that, I think I'm going to focus on more controlly type spells since the rest of you have damage pretty well on lock
Oct 15, 2015 5:50 pm
Terrific on the level up. I won't be able to work on that until tonight or tomorrow morning though.
Oct 15, 2015 5:51 pm
Xara likes to hold all the things! Trophies, really. We should probably rest and divvy stuff up soon.
Oct 15, 2015 5:52 pm
The level up won't need to be done until we get into another fight (as mostly that's what your character sheets are for, and skills don't change much, if at all). So, don't let needing to level up hold you up on posting!
Oct 15, 2015 5:55 pm
Since Corban offered the sword, I think Kaiakas will accept graciously.
Oct 15, 2015 6:02 pm
Can Corban use the wand, or only Zaris? Rurik?
Oct 15, 2015 6:13 pm
I was thinking that I'd go with the staff o'hewling since I'm not usually running into melee...but also wondering if Rurik would use something that wasn't at least partly metal or stone
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.