OOC Megathread

load previous
Oct 15, 2015 6:44 pm
Hey Candi, would this be a good time for Kaiakas to do his solo act with taking his vow?
Oct 15, 2015 6:50 pm
As Corban is going to be a fancy new eldritch knight now, he might be able to use the wand, it was described as for use by spell casters only.
Oct 15, 2015 8:37 pm
Anyone who can cast spells can use the staff and/or the wand. The wand has 7 charges, for 1 charge you can cast magic missile at level 1. Expend an additional to charge to raise the spell level. Regains 1d6+1 charges each day at dawn. If reduced to zero charges, roll 1d20, on a 1 it turns to dust.

Also, I'm happy to amend the staff to have a bit of copper coiled into the vines as decoration; or Rurik could add his own personal touch and put a bit of metal on it himself.
unique_exemplar says:
Hey Candi, would this be a good time for Kaiakas to do his solo act with taking his vow?
What did you have in mind for this? An extended thing, or would finding an old, worn shrine in the woods nearby the keep be sufficient? (Because if so, feel free to take the reigns on it).
Oct 16, 2015 12:11 am
Candi says:
What did you have in mind for this? An extended thing, or would finding an old, worn shrine in the woods nearby the keep be sufficient? (Because if so, feel free to take the reigns on it).
No, I think what I posted its all it'll be. I had to go before I saw you reply so I just went ahead and posted it. Nothing too big a deal, just a private (important) moment between paladin and deity.
Oct 16, 2015 7:46 am
unique_exemplar says:
Candi says:
No, I think what I posted its all it'll be. I had to go before I saw you reply so I just went ahead and posted it. Nothing too big a deal, just a private (important) moment between paladin and deity.
That's perfect then. I'm happy to let you guys have free reign with stuff like this :)
Oct 16, 2015 4:51 pm
so, just so we finalize it a bit, should I take the gauntlets of ogre power? I was thinking that someone else might need the strength boost more than myself, but only Kai and I are usually swinging melee. Xara? I don't recall if there is a weapon finesse or the equivalent, but you could have some deadly backstabs with 19 strength.

Zaris do you want the wand for some more offense in your spell list?
Oct 16, 2015 4:55 pm
Both Corban and Kaiakas would benefit from the Str boost, no? Raising from 16 to 19 means +1 to your strength modifier (so +1 attack and damage).

Kai would go from 15 to 19, which is a net +2 (but, he took the +1 sword all ready, so in terms of balancing party power, he's already 1 up).

Anyone can benefit from the Giant Spiked Gauntlets, although a character who gets hit a lot might get more use out of it.

(EDIT: Not trying to tell you all what to do, just some observations from the peanut gallery)
Oct 16, 2015 8:49 pm
I would gladly take the wand if it is offered to me!
Oct 17, 2015 10:37 pm
I'm in the process of moving so my attendance may be a touch spotty. I have a description of getting the tome class feature that will need to be typed up
Oct 18, 2015 8:52 am
Noted! It's the weekend, so as usual things slow to a crawl anyway. So far magic item claims have been the following:

Kaiakas - +1 Frost Brand Sword
Zaris - Wand of Magic Missile
Rurik - Staff of Healing
Corban - Gauntlets of Ogre Power
Xara - +1 Mithril Chain Shirt (which will become, statistically, whatever kind of armour you want when you claim it; but once it's settled it'll never change again! Probably Studded Leather I expect)

What's left: Giant's Spiked Gauntlet (which lets you spend your Reaction to deal 1d10 damage to an enemy immediately after they hit you with an attack, useful for anyone).
Oct 19, 2015 2:13 am
I'm thinking of picking up the Assassin archtype since I haven't actually done a lot of thievery. And then maybe I'll take the gauntlets if no one else wants 'em?
Last edited October 19, 2015 2:14 am
Oct 19, 2015 2:23 am
Anyone have suggestions for Ritual spells to take? I have two 1st level slots to fill
Oct 19, 2015 2:52 am
Anyone can take the spiked gauntlets. Pawetha would find the design a bit impractical for her line of work.
Oct 19, 2015 10:58 am
Ceadron, you picked Pact of the Tome, right? I see in the Phb it lists cantrips, not rituals, as being from that Pact Boon. Or is there something else I'm not understanding?
Oct 19, 2015 12:26 pm
Unique, there's an invocation that lets me snag two 1st level spells with the ritual tag, I believe it's called book of shadows
Oct 19, 2015 12:38 pm
Ah, I see it. Book of Ancient Secrets. Requires Pact of Tome feature (which you just got). Well it looks like these are your choices: Alarm, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Identify, Illusory Script, Purify Food and Drink, Speak with Animals, Tenser's Floating Disk, Unseen Servant.
So, any of those pique your interest?
Oct 19, 2015 2:30 pm
Just below Cinder Keep there's a tower marked "Koths Base". That's where you are.
Oct 19, 2015 3:08 pm
Ah, I see. I didn't keep good notes on our location. Thanks.
Oct 20, 2015 9:08 pm
Ahh Group decision making. Once I see 50% party consensus on the point of decisions (press on! or long rest!) I'll take that as definitive (so if three party members agree on the same course of action, Jorr will 'vote' in their favour and we'll do this all democratic like to keep the pace going). If you're are not 100% sure that your character's wishes are transparent from your RPing posts, you can make clear your intentions in blue text at the bottom of the post :)
Oct 20, 2015 9:37 pm
The continual flame spell was, conveniently, cast on a rock that is not difficult to life for Pawetha, but does require two-hands. Corban can probably handle it with one hand. Not really a burden, to say the least.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.