OOC Megathread

load previous
Feb 17, 2016 5:22 pm
Sounds good! It's a weird week- I think most peeps are on winter break with their kids? Otherwise I bet there'd be a lot more people jumping in.
Feb 17, 2016 5:25 pm
I swear I saw someone looking for a 5e game, or any game in particular. We'll see if they jump on this.
Feb 17, 2016 5:57 pm
It's okay, I shall take over tanking duties!
Feb 17, 2016 9:02 pm
Lol, don't worry about that - I'd rather you guys played characters *you* want to play. I'll handle rebalancing to compensate.

I say this as the person who *always* ends up playing the 'gap filling' role; in the 5e game I play in I'm the Bard - which is, for that group, basically a heal-bot-tank. Because that's what the group needed. I rolled a Bard because we made characters separately, and I've been gaming with this group for 4 years now and I *knew* they'd need a gap filler, and it would have to be me. Bard was my best bet for conforming to fill whatever gap the party had. So, just play and build what you find fun, and trust in me to keep it fair (even if 5e 'expects' a healer, tank and dps are within every party)
Feb 21, 2016 4:13 pm
Just a note - the offer to do the armour in 4 days requires that you supply the armorsmith with already fitted armour (so, if you want to have the dragon-enhanced armour given to Xara, Pawetha will need to get Xara's leather armour from her as well as the incentive; the incentive, let's say 100 gold per item, so 300 gold total. All three items will be done in 6 days, with the armour done after 4, one weapon after 3, and the third weapon being finished after 6 days). If you want new armour, it's 7 total days (because the armour takes 7 instead of 4, but he can still work two projects at once).
Feb 23, 2016 8:00 pm
Hey guys! Thanks for having me to your game. I left my books at home so I won't be able to start on my character until tonight but I wanted to introduce myself to get the ball rolling.
Feb 23, 2016 8:36 pm
Welcome to the game!
Feb 23, 2016 8:40 pm
Welcome!

So, is the group going to hang out in town for a week while the items are being made??
Feb 23, 2016 8:42 pm
Might depend on how our conversation with the town elders goes.
Feb 23, 2016 9:26 pm
Hello and welcome. We've got a fun game going here!
Feb 23, 2016 10:32 pm
Hiya! Hopefully work will slow down enough soon that I can post more than this!
Feb 24, 2016 3:54 am
Welcome JoHoover!
Feb 24, 2016 4:49 am
So what's the blacksmith order then? A short sword, leather armour for Xara (an upgrade to her existing armour, or new?), and one other weapon..
Feb 24, 2016 7:02 am
Honestly, I think we'd have to wait until we speak to the leaders. If they listen to us and want to evacuate now, I'd hate to keep the smith back.

I'll let Xara decide if she wants a new set or not.
Feb 24, 2016 12:44 pm
Waiting for the leaders may add a day to the total delay, as they may not meet until the following morning.
Feb 24, 2016 2:26 pm
Also, you don't know how advanced the hoard is. You have their timeline (the map) but don't know where they are within it (nor how much of a delay the bridge collapse will cause; as you haven't seen the hoard and so couldn't estimate how much longer it will take them to use the Old Forest Road to cross the river).
Feb 24, 2016 6:03 pm
OK, I dusted off my Players handbook and since I couldn't find any rules about character generations I was tempted to roll a Dragonborn Monk.

If that's cool I'll get started on him. I'm still trying to read through your guys adventure so far, but you guys have been busy :-)

I'll catch up soon enough though.
Feb 24, 2016 6:04 pm
Dragonborn Monk is perfect, as we have neither Dragonborn nor Monk's in the party!
Feb 24, 2016 6:25 pm
I've never played one either so this should be fun! I'll get him up in the library by tonight.

Do you want me to incorporate major and minor bonds with the other group members?
Feb 24, 2016 6:37 pm
Since you're joining late, a single minor bond will suffice. If you want to do a major as well, that's fine too. The pressure of the advancing hoard will make quick allies of even the strangest folk, so the primary function of 'glue' that the bonds play isn't needed. I leave it up to you :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.