OOC Megathread

load previous
Apr 1, 2016 2:01 am
Step of the Wind is a bonus action, so you would have had to have done it on your turn.
Apr 1, 2016 2:07 am
So I'm actually at -6. Sorry basic math is hard :-( should I post my character falling? How does death work in 5e. Is it when I reach -10 or have they changed that? Sorry not near my phb and on my phone.
Apr 1, 2016 2:15 am
If the attack that reduces you below zero reduces you to negative your maximum, you die outright. Otherwise, your HP it set to zero and on your turn you make a death save. A death save requires you to roll 1d20 with no modifiers. On a result of 1 you get 2 failures, on a result of 2-9 you get 1 failure, 10-19 is 1 success. Earn 3 failures and you die, 3 successes and you stabilize (stop making death saves). If you roll a 20 on your death save you gain 1 HP and regain consciousness.
Apr 1, 2016 2:21 am
Wow, that's way more convoluted than it used to be. Ok I'll post my turn.
Apr 1, 2016 10:07 pm
Zaris will gain the Magic Initiate feat for level 4. Gains 2 cantrips and one 1st level spell that can be cast once per long rest in addition to his normal list.

Rolls

New hit points - (1d6+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Apr 1, 2016 10:11 pm
Don't forget my Wizard spellbook houserule as well (if it even is one, might be part of the rules -- either way do this!):

Wizards and Spells

Each level after the first, a wizard may add 1 Spell to their Spell Book that is of a level that they can cast. This is in addition to the normal rules for adding spells to a wizard spell book.
Apr 1, 2016 10:26 pm
Yes, thank you very much. I'm looking over the second level spells as I type...
Apr 1, 2016 11:46 pm
I've gotta say, I love how Zaris actually says arcane phrases when spellcasting. Do you make them up or...?
Apr 2, 2016 12:44 am
Totally made up. Sometimes I write them down so I can use the same one for each spell but that isn't the norm! I mix bits of the languages I know. At some point I'm sure I'll play with someone who will end up realizing I just wrote "purple monkey dishwasher" in Croatian.
Apr 2, 2016 4:26 am
Arjen says:
At some point I'm sure I'll play with someone who will end up realizing I just wrote "purple monkey dishwasher" in Croatian.
I want to know what this spell does in real life :-)
Apr 2, 2016 4:30 am
I theorize a version of Cannot-Be-Unseen Servant.
Apr 2, 2016 8:19 am
Ha! Fantastic! For my next arcane caster I've been thinking of using/mixing in the Kido incantations from the Bleach anime.
Apr 7, 2016 1:08 pm
It is dusk at the moment, are you planning to travel through the night or stop and rest at some point?
Apr 7, 2016 4:30 pm
I would imagine that Zaris would encourage moving on through the night as time is of the essence. What do the rest of you think?
Apr 7, 2016 4:33 pm
Pawetha advises against it, especially with a wounded Ghunril. The last thing she wants is for the party to be wounded and exhausted.
Apr 7, 2016 4:51 pm
Traveling by night after a short rest seems safer. We can rest in the morning (when it's safer)?
Apr 7, 2016 5:28 pm
A few things: How much longer will we have to travel? Can we get there by morning if we continue? Kaiakas feels a sense of urgency if they can get there by some time tomorrow by continuing now.
Also, Kaiakas is down 3 hp. Does anyone need anymore healing?
Apr 7, 2016 5:47 pm
You will not arrive by morning, several days of travel remain. If you travel through the night, it will give everyone Exhaustion level 1. If you rest in the morning, after a long rest 1 level of Exhaustion is removed. If you continue traveling though, Exhaustion will start stacking up (and the more you have the harder it is to remove, since you only reduce it by 1 level per long rest).
Apr 7, 2016 6:12 pm
Ok then I vote long rest now
Apr 7, 2016 6:24 pm
Long rest it is. Those staying up to guard would be at exhaustion level 1 though I would assume?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.