OOC Megathread

load previous
May 17, 2016 6:17 pm
I've gone back and looked, turns out Pawetha used the canvas to solemnly wrap the corpse that had been used as the 'fake ghost' ti detract people from investigating the keep.
May 17, 2016 6:19 pm
That sounds vaguely familiar. Why did we want to detract someone from investigating the keep? Did we hide treasure there?
May 17, 2016 6:48 pm
No, the hobgoblins used the fake ghost to deter visitors. I do believe we returned to the keep to recover the treasure we stashed there?
May 17, 2016 8:19 pm
You did return and recover treasure. The use of the canvas as a 'burial' shawl happened via a private note to me. I assume it was because the 'fake ghost' was actually a rock with a green continual flame spell underneath the corpse of a human propped up with a stick.... and I just reread the post carefully -- Paws used the cloth that was covering the canvas. So the canvas wasn't destroyed.

Kaiakas can have taken it, but he would have had to roll it up, which will have done significant damage to the painting (it being an oil painting that was relatively new). There's no way to have transported it and not damaged it. So it's a damaged painting. #phew
May 17, 2016 9:08 pm
I Googled "damaged oil painting" so I think that even like that, the contents of the painting should be understandable. Kaiakas has it. He uses it to remind himself of who/what he's fighting (the greater evil). Also, showing it to others to join the cause or to help them understand the gravity of the situation.
May 17, 2016 9:15 pm
Ultimately it depends on how its rolled. It's also not a small painting, so Kaiakas has a rather large rolled up canvas, probably stowed safely (mostly) within his bedroll. A rolled up painting that's been trekked through a woodland and marshland, and 'on hand' for a few skirmishes. That said, as a way of communicating 'these people worship a dragon god' even the damaged painting will do.
May 17, 2016 9:17 pm
Sounds good!
May 17, 2016 9:45 pm
Don't worry, the painting's value will go up after the war's over. It'll be a collectible.
Last edited May 17, 2016 9:46 pm
May 18, 2016 2:11 pm
Just an FYI, I'm in Dallas at a conference for the next 5 days, and so updates my be slow.
May 18, 2016 3:38 pm
Have a nice time in Dallas!
May 25, 2016 7:02 pm
Ba-dum--cha!
May 25, 2016 9:20 pm
[face palm]
May 26, 2016 12:17 pm
What was I thinking?!
May 26, 2016 3:27 pm
Am I right in gathering that the plan is to sleep, then head out to Rhest in the morning? (again, wishing this forum had polls!)
May 26, 2016 3:42 pm
It feels like that's the plan. Paws would suggest we take the boats up the waterway until we get close to Rhest ("C" on the map) and hoof it from there. Anyone can make alterations to that, of course.
May 26, 2016 3:45 pm
I like the boat idea. I would ask that we get ranged weapons of some sort for each of us from the elves in case we are fired upon from the shores.
May 26, 2016 3:47 pm
It's also possible to get a lift from the scouts to Rhest, but that does leave you on foot for the return to the camp.
May 26, 2016 4:00 pm
Personally I think boat is the way to go. At least if we survive, our return wouldn't be that strenuous. I'll ask Killian if his scouts can keep an eye out for us, though, like check on our progress every so often should their patrols cross our path.
May 26, 2016 6:40 pm
The boat idea sounds good. Though I do understand the risk of being fired upon, I think we'll be fine.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.