OOC Megathread

load previous
May 29, 2015 6:50 am
Would I be able to use investigation to gain any sort of meaningful information from the animal carcass?
May 29, 2015 11:01 am
Nature or Survival would be better. But you can try investigation
May 29, 2015 2:31 pm
How do rolls work on here? Is this all of need to do?

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

May 29, 2015 4:38 pm
Yes but I'd prefer you make a post describing what your character is doin and include the roll in that post. In this case I'll use the result of this roll. But I still want the post :)

Also anytime you think a roll might be called for include it. In this format every roll you anticipated me calling for can save hours or days of time.
May 29, 2015 4:48 pm
Understood, and I can re roll in the game proper, I've never PbP so I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I missed. Thanks!
May 29, 2015 7:42 pm
I'm going camping for a couple nights, feel free to npc Corban if necessary. I'm happy for him to lead and take a swing with his longsword if anything looks at him funny :)
May 30, 2015 12:14 am
Not going to lie, I'm investigating but in my head I'm seeing Witcher vision. I may be playing too much xbox
May 30, 2015 11:42 am
I'm out of town for the next couple days and can't reply either! D:
May 30, 2015 12:00 pm
Well you're all lucky, because I am too (but I'm at a conference so I occasionally get down time with wifi)!
May 30, 2015 12:10 pm
Also, in the name of speeding things up, instead of calling for rolls I tend to just make rolls for the characters (as I have just done). This, along with anticipating rolls, can help keep a play by post game moving quickly (for a play by post game). I'd rather keep our attention collectively on the story and action instead of waiting 2-3 days to collect initiative rolls :)

Also, if you're ever unsure about whether an action may or may not require a skill roll of some kind, you can just include a plain d20 roll and if it is a skill roll, I'll look up the appropriate skill on your sheet and add the modifier (one thing I do love about this site is that I can access your character sheets from your name as long as you post as character -- which you all have been).
May 30, 2015 12:24 pm
Candi, you certainly know how to move a PbP game along nicely!

Weekends are often spotty for me as well given I have a four year old son running around!

Enjoy the conference.
Jun 2, 2015 12:57 pm
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Let's do this! :)
Jun 2, 2015 8:03 pm
Onward!
Jun 3, 2015 11:33 am
We won't be able to get too much farther ahead until Morrowind posts, as Reina is still "loading" on the second floor ;)

EDIT: You can call still have conversations and look around of course.
Jun 6, 2015 1:23 pm
If Reina hasn't posted by Monday I'm going to just move things along :)

Also, expect a "guidelines for playing" post soon with all of those recommendations for speeding the game up and smoothing the play by post expertience out :) I'm going to try and compile it tomorrow.
Jun 6, 2015 11:16 pm
Hopefully we will get back to the smooth start that we began with!
Jun 8, 2015 12:55 pm
Let's move! :) where to next my lovely adventurers?
Jun 8, 2015 4:21 pm
Agreed. To the Tavern! I mean... wait. There was something about gnomes wasn't there? This fungus must have affected me.
Jun 10, 2015 6:20 am
I don't have my book with me. In case someone sees this and posts before I get home, can you answer this for me? I can't remember if 5th edition has a "fight defensively" option like 3.5e did. That was a -4 to attack rolls and +2 to AC if I remember correctly. Is this on 5th edition?
Jun 10, 2015 12:18 pm
The only option I can see is to use the Dodge action which makes all enemies have disadvantage on attacks against you and gives you advantage on dex saves. That, of course, would be your action for the round. There's no way to go on active defence and still attack.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.