OOC Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 28, 2017 8:18 pm
For any out-of-character chatter
Aug 29, 2017 1:48 pm
Hey Naatkinson, do you want us to start working on a character in the Character Creation thread itself? Or should we use the site's character tool and just use the thread to bounce ideas off of you?
Aug 29, 2017 2:00 pm
acox89 says:
Hey Naatkinson, do you want us to start working on a character in the Character Creation thread itself? Or should we use the site's character tool and just use the thread to bounce ideas off of you?
Well, there's nothing you need to roll for, so that thread is for party planning and questions about character creation. You can go ahead and begin working on a character if you have an idea what you want to do.

Do you have any experience with 5e at all?
Aug 29, 2017 2:11 pm
Naatkinson says:
Well, there's nothing you need to roll for, so that thread is for party planning and questions about character creation. You can go ahead and begin working on a character if you have an idea what you want to do.

Do you have any experience with 5e at all?
No real ideas yet, but I figured I'd start browsing through the rules and see what sparked my interest.

Extremely limited. I joined a game on another forum and have just made a few posts so far. I also made a character for the West Marches game here, but I haven't joined any parties yet. So I have basically just messed around with creating characters so far.
Aug 29, 2017 2:28 pm
As posted in the Absences thread:
Quote:
Next 4 days will be hectic at the cake shop. My posting ability may suffer.
Aug 31, 2017 1:46 am
Hi there! I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you all for making this; I've been wanting to learn Dungeons and Dragons for a while, and this is a phenomenal opportunity.
Aug 31, 2017 3:21 am
Thank you for letting me join. I've toyed a bit with 5e, but never really gotten a game in. As for character creation, are there any guidelines we should be observing, or just build a character using the PHB? For example, are there restrictions on things like alignment we should take into consideration? Anything you'd like to see from us in our character builds? A preferred amount of background?
Sep 3, 2017 1:58 am
Which D&D world is this? I've never played, but I know some stuff about it and I just read through the Player's Handbook. I have played other RPG's though.
Last edited September 3, 2017 1:59 am
Sep 3, 2017 2:57 am
@Phil: Just go ahead and make the character using the standard rules. Standard Array for Ability Scores and you should be all set.

Alignment should probably be non-evil, but I won't make it a rule unless someone's being a jerk. Background is up to you, though I wouldn't write a novel ;)

@The_unknowns: Not using an existing world, just going to be making my own little area up. If you worry about what gods are going to be in there, go ahead and pull from any pantheon you want, real or made up.
Sep 3, 2017 4:25 am
Cool!
Sep 3, 2017 4:28 am
I went with the Basic rules to make sure I was playing out of content that would be availabl to everyone. Thanks for the feedback.
Sep 4, 2017 11:36 am
Just wanna say hi to everyone and thanks for adding me. I have some experience with PBeM RPG's and have done one Mutants & Masterminds campaign, but am otherwise lacking in experience. I am also new to this site so apologies if I mess up somewhere!

S.
Sep 5, 2017 2:25 am
It's nice to see so many people showing up! How many do you think we need to get the ball rolling?
Sep 5, 2017 11:58 am
Hey, small query. On the initial page for this game it puts a posting rate of 1 per week. On the guide rules it says 1 per day. I can probably do something in between that. Any clarification on this?
Sep 5, 2017 12:13 pm
Welcome!

We will start the first group once there are enough characters submitted. It looks like there are a few new ones submitted as of last night that I have to review, so it shouldn't be long!

The posting frequency SHOULD say 1 per day, but I'm not sure why it's bugging out. I will see if we can't get it fixed up!
Sep 13, 2017 2:54 pm
So, it looks like we're not getting much more for newbies, so I want to start a game with just Davemania and Phil_Ozzy_Fer and two veteran players.

If my vets could determine who wants to play and then make a character each... Looks like we have two fighter-types right now :)
Sep 13, 2017 4:12 pm
I'll join, and roll up a cleric druid.
Last edited September 13, 2017 4:51 pm
Sep 13, 2017 4:23 pm
DM or Newbies' pick. :-)
[ +- ] Finn
Finn, the Human Barbarian (Urchin background) leads a gang of street urchins who, unbeknownst to the rest of the city, are the only ones protecting the city from nasty things in the sewers. But they're not fighting to be heroes, they're just fighting to survive.
[ +- ] Zubak
Zubak, the Half-orc Barbarian (Pirate background) went deaf in his right ear and lost a few toes and his damn pecker when his ship and most of the crew got blown out of the water by the fucking navy.
[ +- ] Rufio
Rufio the Ruffian, tough-talking brawler punk from the bad side of town.
[ +- ] Lem
Lem, the Halfling Bard (Soldier background) deserted the army days before they won the war.
[ +- ] Torden Stormhammer
Torden Stormhammer, Cleric of Marthammor Duin wanders the world helping fellow travelers wherever he goes. More of a tanky cleric than a healer, but can be adjusted depending on the party's preference.
[ +- ] Zanixi
Zanixi, Forest Gnome Outlander Druid from a tribe that passes down genetic memory by eating their dead.
[ +- ] Brunhilde
Brunhilde, Female Dwarven Fighter who always sings when the fight's over.
[ +- ] Mengyao
Mengyao, Human Hermit Monk from a place only they can pronounce who came out of retirement for this adventure.
[ +- ] Yaotl
Yaotl, Blue Dragonborn Paladin who believes they're a demigod, but hasn't figured out who their father is yet.
[ +- ] Natsuko
Natsuko, Human Samurai who was exiled by her twin sister, the Empress
[ +- ] Athriya
Athriya, Wood Elf TWF Ranger
[ +- ] Saolene
Saolene, Wood Elf Archery Ranger
[ +- ] Pimlan
Pimlan, Halfling Rogue from a refugee camp for war orphans who lost their marbles a long time ago.
[ +- ] Hob Rumblebelly
Hob Rumblebelly, celebrated chef who is secretly a high-ranking member of the Assassins' Guild.
[ +- ] Shalissa
Shalissa, Human Rogue who was framed for the murder of a famous and well-loved innkeeper.
Last edited September 13, 2017 9:01 pm
Sep 13, 2017 6:07 pm
Hey Jabes, maybe you could put the images within spoiler tags? Just to improve readability? :P
Sep 13, 2017 7:46 pm
So, Jabes: We have a Barbarian (Melee), Weapon/Shield Fighter (Melee), Druid, and you. I'll let you pick whatever you want to bring :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.