WH40K Campaign: The Call of Draatus

load previous
Jul 13, 2015 11:18 am
As usual its been a little slow going for me, but I have the rules mostly made up and will start posting them in pieces here. Stay tuned
Jul 13, 2015 6:07 pm
Is this gunna end up working similarly to the campaign mode in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade?
Jul 13, 2015 6:24 pm
That's the general plan, yes.
Jul 13, 2015 6:25 pm
That sounds awesome.
Jul 13, 2015 10:02 pm
Its going to take a little bit of dedication on everyone's part to make it work, but if all goes well then that is what will happen. With a little Civilization esque (very very abstract) resource management. Basically a reason to take this territory over that one.
Jul 14, 2015 5:35 am
Nice, now to just figure out how to use Vassel properly.
Jul 14, 2015 10:32 am
Vassal can be a hassle. What are you specifically having trouble with?
Jul 14, 2015 12:35 pm
I got some tutorials I'm slugging through to get it figured out. Shouldn't be an issue.
Aug 5, 2015 4:12 pm
Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been a little busy with the store. While rugby season is over and I have a little extra time I have been understaffed at work and have had a serious of mechanical malfunctions there that had to be dealt with. We are also wheeling and dealing to put up a new location in town. Things are calming down again and I have been hard at work designing this and I still would love to do it. As of now we have less interest than I had hoped so I decided it is best to base this on two sides for now. We can play out our campaign and test the rules and do a bigger campaign in the future. As of now we have Myself, Kel, Deus, Kenny, and possible Anks and Heshopolite. Pretty even sides, I was thinking of doing a simple Empire vs Chaos type campaign since Deus is looking to play Astra Militarum and I was looking at Nurgle Cult Marines. Please post which faction you would like to support.

Factions:
Chaos Undivided
Leader: Azzorak - Order of Nox (Chaos Space Marines)
Armies Accepted:
Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Daemons
Khorne Daemonkin
Renegades and Mutants
Orks (With backstory explaining why)

The Imperium of Man:
Leader: Deus - Cadian 501st
Armies Accepted:
Any Imperium

I also decided to keep this as an interest thread (Keleth if you could move this into Games' Tavern for more exposure that would be appreciated). I will be starting a new thread in the games development section of GP to post my rules and discuss it. I obviously have no intention of publishing or gaining any credit for it so lets make it together and keep it available online as a resource for all. We can create the campaign rules together as soon as I post what I have so far (hopefully today). As a final step I will be creating a game using the custom system. Please join it so we can set up a public forum to keep track of all the results of the campaign. DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!
Last edited August 5, 2015 4:19 pm
Aug 5, 2015 4:30 pm
Aw, I was hoping to pay Tau or Eldar, though they do partner against Chaos, spec Tau.

As for thread, I'd rather not move this whole thread over there. I'd rather leave that directly for RPG games that people are looking to start up. That said, you may want to edit the opening post for this thread a bit (maybe the title), and I'll make sure I mention this to a few Twitter friends.
Aug 5, 2015 4:33 pm
Sounds good and we can probably fit Tau or Eldar in. You can probably have either work with the Imperium as temporary alliances with both races have been documented. Also Eldar are sneaky and can be helping the Imperium under the radar by secretly opposing the forces of Chaos on Draatus. As for moving the thread, that is fine, I only suggested it because I thought I posted this in the wrong place in the first place. I did edit the title a little bit but personally I am ok with 5-6 players. Should work well for a test run of new campaign rules.
Aug 5, 2015 4:35 pm
Burn the heretic! Purge the mutant! Kill the unclean! Xenos, Daemons, and Traitors alike with fall before the might of the Emperor's Finest!
Aug 5, 2015 4:41 pm
What version are we looking at? I'd need to look over a few things to decide if I'd just want to go Space Marines or something more outlandish.

Now I wonder if the new Mechanicus army is any good...
Aug 5, 2015 4:56 pm
We will be playing 7th ed which is the most current. Mechanicus would be cool but I doubt its in vassal yet.
Aug 5, 2015 6:27 pm
Well, as my understanding is that Vassal 40k stopped development 2 years ago, I doubt its in there directly, but we could use proxies. We had to use proxies for some guys last time we played, as it didn't have all the models/variants we needed.
Aug 5, 2015 6:52 pm
A 7th edition version of vassal 40k was uploaded in June of this year. It would appear at least some development still happens. Regardless though Proxying is a valid option.
Aug 5, 2015 7:00 pm
I will be playing Chaos Marines (A homebrew warband that's a splinter of the Iron Warriors).
Aug 5, 2015 7:28 pm
Excellent more servants of the dark gods. That makes it 2v2 so wort case scenario we can play. I would like more players though for variety sake.
Aug 8, 2015 2:53 pm
Anks is in too. Talked to him this morning. He will probably be joining you imperial dogs.
Aug 8, 2015 3:15 pm
Dark Eldar are chaos-y, right? Based on what our 6th picks, maybe I'll switch.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.