The Common Room - Small Talk

load previous
Jun 25, 2015 8:31 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Sorry, super busy pulling an all-nighter at work. It's 5am here. Dex would you mind rolling Healing Touch on Bart for Herja! Thanks!
I was running off of this assuming she'd dole it out.
Jun 25, 2015 8:34 pm
Ah, missed that Yeah, you're healed
Jun 26, 2015 5:51 am
Sorry guys, bad timing earlier. Am off work now but sleepless :-P

I was looking forward to making Herja's first heal a big deal as she's reluctant to face that part of herself. Ah well. It was her big secret up until the point she went and healed Bart :-)

Stupid question: Is that Regular or Targeted Spellcasting? SPC=12, TSC=9.
Last edited June 26, 2015 5:52 am
Jun 26, 2015 7:01 am
Quote:
Esteber observes the room, showing a sign of revulsion at the statue. Does that looks like the sea creatures you saw Alden?
Does it Dex? I'd say yes, but I'm not really sure
Jun 26, 2015 11:50 am
Yes and no. You were off at a distance. They were dressed in blue robes, had clawed/webbed hands and fish-like faces under their hooded robes. The robes look the same as the people he saw going into the mausoleum.

Healing touch is SPC (+ caregiver if you have it)
Jul 2, 2015 11:51 am
Did I use the Charge action correctly? http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/669/?p=13409#p13409 Not sure, and couldn't find the relevant rule in the book. If I used it wrong then Herja uses Brutal Blow instead (Also adds BOD to attack). If everything's ok then great. Will use Brutal Blow next round ;-)
Jul 2, 2015 1:35 pm
There is no charge rule for PCs, the lizard used a monster ability. Brutal blow works, Roll a second d20
Jul 2, 2015 2:25 pm
Dextolen says:
There is no charge rule for PCs, the lizard used a monster ability. Brutal blow works, Roll a second d20
Ok :-)
kalajel says:
(OOC: Aren't you jumping the gun here Jabes? There are still 3 people before you... :P )

Esteber will defend himself by attacking the lizard in front of him. Also, seeing Herja is about to charge in, he will shout. "Herja, I think healing Bart is more urgent than rushing in melee right now!"
Kalajel is right, I jumped ahead of the initiative order. Sorry about that! Yeah she's not keen on healing but she won't let a comrade die either. Exactly how badly hurt is Bart right now?
Jul 2, 2015 2:59 pm
Once the baddies have gone, I'm less concerned with order but yeah! :)
Jul 2, 2015 3:48 pm
14/24 I'll 'probably' survive ;)

I have a question about CTN above 20. For example, Dex's last roll:
Quote:
CTN 21 - (2d20) ( 17, 11 )
The idea is you choose one die for the 'CTN 20' and one for the 'CTN 1' correct? Just curious why you would choose the 11 for the CTN 20. Though I suppose it would make sense if you just picked one arbitrarily because of Esteber's coup on defence.
Last edited July 2, 2015 3:48 pm
Jul 2, 2015 7:43 pm
Grendelthebrave says:

Quote:
The idea is you choose one die for the 'CTN 20' and one for the 'CTN 1' correct? Just curious why you would choose the 11 for the CTN 20. Though I suppose it would make sense if you just picked one arbitrarily because of Esteber's coup on defence.
Almost. When you have a CTN above 20, you must first roll one die to see if it fumbles or not. If it does, your roll fumbles, and that's it, if it does not, you roll another die and then get to chose what die is applied to which CTN. Even if a 20 is rolled on the second die, it is not a fumble, just a regular roll of 20 (which will be a miss on the CTN to which it is applied to...). Same thing with CTN above 40, 60, etc., except that you roll more than one extra die after the first one.

If you want a good example of that, go back to my climbing checks.
Last edited July 2, 2015 7:45 pm
Jul 2, 2015 10:53 pm
Grendelthebrave says:

Quote:
The idea is you choose one die for the 'CTN 20' and one for the 'CTN 1' correct? Just curious why you would choose the 11 for the CTN 20. Though I suppose it would make sense if you just picked one arbitrarily because of Esteber's coup on defense.
'cause I was drinking the night before and was up at 7 with the dogs!
Jul 2, 2015 11:12 pm
Dogs have no respect for a man's time do they? We have three greyhound mixes, and a couple of them LOVE being up at 6AM regardless of the calendar day... jeesh
Jul 3, 2015 2:31 am
2 Pugs, one 4 yrs and one 7 months. 6am it's party time.
Jul 3, 2015 7:13 am
Same thing happens with my portuguese warren hound. I've almost forgotten how my alarm clock sounds like.
Jul 3, 2015 4:02 pm
I think this game is going along great! Good response times and roleplay, all
Jul 3, 2015 4:09 pm
I was going to apologize for delaying with my post, I was convinced that I was waiting for Slae to act until I checked again.
I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, good times :)

My sister is getting married this weekend so my posts will be slow. Feel free to NPC me to keep things moving, I'll be swinging Gertrude until the combat ends.
Jul 3, 2015 6:07 pm
Cool, have a good time and congrats to your sister.

I really wish Silence would play, It's not a big deal to NPC Slae but it just divides that XP by 5 instead of 4 at this point!
Jul 4, 2015 5:17 am
Thanks for the SP spend Dex. I was considering popping one for that, just didn't get a chance to post before I got hit.
Jul 4, 2015 6:25 am
Have fun Grendel :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.