The Common Room - Small Talk

load previous
Dec 5, 2015 6:47 pm
Yeah, I didn't think to buy any when we were in town. Well, since Herja won't be a frontliner I guess she can stow her weapon and be torchbearer :-)
Dec 5, 2015 6:49 pm
Meh, it's okay, well see how well we fare in that fight. Besides, I still have that 1 dodge per fight to save my ass so...
Dec 5, 2015 6:58 pm
Herja's strategy for our last few fights has been: Charge in and attack while allies are still uninjured (make sure to use Brutal Blow), then fall back and switch to healer mode.

Some questions:
1. How many actions/rounds does it take to stow a weapon and switch to a shield?
2. Can Herja use her shield to defend an ally? I guess to do that she'd have to be out front, huh?
3. Can't you just drop a torch when combat starts? Do torches go out when you drop 'em?
Dec 5, 2015 7:48 pm
1. P. 39 will answer your question, although investing into multiple ranks of Lightning Reflexes might help somewhat, at least for drawing it... In fact, with enough ranks of this talent, you could drop a weapon as a free action, heal someone, and then pick it up as a free action. :P

2. I'm not aware of any talents which would help do that (although, this would be a good idea for a new talent), so I guess you,re stuck doing it the hard way of putting yourself in between the enemy and your allies... XD

3. No official rule about that AFAIK, but Dex did seems to have houseruled that when someone dropped a torch in our last adventure (luckily, I picked it up before it wend out)...
Dec 5, 2015 7:55 pm
Here in Praern you can visit a temple (healer spells) or a magic shoppe (wizard/sorcerer spells) to purchase scrolls level 1-5 at the listed prices. As an FYI in case we ever have a sorcerer - Fire magic (firebeam, etc) is frowned upon in most major cities (for obvious reasons) so sorcerers have to go to the 'black market' which sometimes involves dealing with servants of darkness.

Then instead of casting the scroll, you learn the spell (expends the scroll in the process).

I'll permit you to spend the gold and know Light if you'd like to say that you purchased it earlier!
Dec 6, 2015 2:06 am
Dextolen says:
I'll permit you to spend the gold and know Light if you'd like to say that you purchased it earlier!
Yes, please! Thanks!
Dec 6, 2015 7:54 am
What happens when an oven fumbles defense? does it burn the meal?
Dec 6, 2015 5:06 pm
ParvusDomus says:
What happens when an oven fumbles defense? does it burn the meal?
It probably does so in addition of falling prone...
Dec 7, 2015 2:24 pm
Herja - when you have a spell that lasts n minutes but has a cooldown of just 1 round, you can go ahead and re-roll failures outside of combat for as long as people are willing to wait.
Dec 7, 2015 2:50 pm
Well I'm retrying then :-) Also enchanted Gertrude.

Lemme know if anyone else wants their weapons enchanted. Not guaranteeing anything though. MY CTN on it is 8.
Quote:
Enchant Weapon
Price: 10GP
SM: +0
Duration: IN minutes
Distance: Touch
Cooldown Period: 1 round
Effect: This spell gives a weapon magical powers. Its WB increases by one for the duration of the spell. The damage dealt with the enchanted weapon is considered magical and will even harm incorporeal beings such as ghosts.
Dec 7, 2015 3:49 pm
I wouldn't mind an enchantment as well...
Dec 7, 2015 3:56 pm
Added a couple of rolls and got two successes! Can I give those to Estebar and Alden? Looking at the sequence of retries here and factoring in cooldown, it seems the enchantment on Herja's sword will run out about a minute and a half from now, then Bart's two rounds later, then the others a round after that. Unless I got all that completely wrong...
Dec 7, 2015 4:04 pm
Keep in mind that in DS, a round is 5 seconds. So 12 rounds a minute.
Dec 7, 2015 4:09 pm
[quote="kalajel"]Keep in mind that in DS, a round is 5 seconds. So 12 rounds a minute.[/quote

I forgot about that. So how long, do you figure? In any case, as long as we move now all our weapons should be good for at least minute.
Dec 7, 2015 4:24 pm
Keep in mind the typical amount of time it takes to explore a space. I typically assume the spell a healer has "on deck" is Healing Touch. or some other healing spell. You can always declare the first round of combat what spell you are currently holding.
Dec 7, 2015 4:29 pm
You assume correctly. As soon as battle starts Herja has Healing Touch ready. Until I get Avada Kedavra.
Dec 7, 2015 5:07 pm
It looks like it took you 40 seconds to enchant all the weapons (Cooldown of 1 round after all), so your own weapon probably has something like 1 minute, 20 seconds of enchantment left.
Dec 10, 2015 2:34 am
No doubt the weapon enchantments have worn off by now. I'm applying weapon paste to casting it again on my broadsword.
Last edited December 10, 2015 2:36 am
Dec 10, 2015 4:08 am
Busy morning at work tomorrow then I'm helping with an office party - won't be an update until the evening
Dec 10, 2015 4:45 am
What's avada kedavra?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.