1.6 - Under the Dome

load previous
Sep 22, 2015 8:55 pm
Pocketing the few shins that her search turned up she takes a knee next to the building and scans her surroundings.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Sep 24, 2015 12:29 pm
Standing outside, Khoren looks around. "This is a fishing shack, not an old hermits hut", he thinks to himself. He listens and searches the area. Something on other side of the river catches his eye. The hill looks like the other hills, maybe a bit too much. He leans closer and raises his hand to shield his eyes from the sun, even though there is no real sun in the sky.

Walking closer to the bank, that hill on the left and that hill on the right are identical, every tree, every branch and fallen limb. That just don't happen. "Why did we cross this river again?"
Sep 24, 2015 2:52 pm
While scanning Darazen also uses his eyes.

Ooc: whoop!!
Last edited September 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Sep 24, 2015 7:37 pm
"This doesn't look like somebody's cabin, it may be just another shack. Look at these hills, they're identical. Perhaps Cisc's cabin is nearby. If we can find him... Well, that wouldn't be a good sign that there is a way out." Khoren looks at Darazen cryptically, waiting for ... something.
Sep 26, 2015 6:33 pm
Khoren points out the two hills to everyone and Darazen steps over and looks. Khoren and Darazen both know that no two things in nature are completely identical. As Darazen looks closer, they both look like they could be a hermits cave, disguised and camouflaged. Thinking back, these two hills looked like every other and definitely not like a shack, and the fishing hut seemed logical at the time.

You will have to try to cross the river again. You know where the river creature is and can avoid it (providing there is only one). You can make a swim check (two checks to fully cross) or find another way to get back across.
Sep 26, 2015 8:59 pm
"Terrific! We are on the wrong side of the river. Stay clear of the weed thing... I don't want to have to save you again!"

With that Darazen wades into the river knowing he's pushing his luck.

Rolls

Swim - might - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Sep 26, 2015 9:30 pm
Khoren joins Darazen recrossing the river in a non monster infested part.

Edit: added 2nd check
Last edited September 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Rolls

Swimming, trained - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Swimming, trained - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Sep 26, 2015 9:55 pm
"Son of an abhuman - not again..."

Rolls

Swim Checks - (1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (18) = 18

1d20 : (3) = 3

Sep 26, 2015 10:00 pm
Ooc: I szemely is paying attention...

Rolls

Swim - might - 2nd half of river - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 28, 2015 5:23 am
"OOOOY! Are you stupid?! You're getting in again, right after we just barely managed to get out?!"

Likely inflicted with lifelong seaweed PTSD, Yui shakes her head at her stupidly brave companions. If they make it halfway through the river safely, Yui will very begrudgingly start swimming to the other shore. If not...

To help my swimming rolls, I'll use my Jack's Flex skill today to become trained in Swimming.

OOC: I feel like my dice owe me this.
Last edited September 28, 2015 5:24 am

Rolls

swimming-trained - (1d20)

(17) = 17

swimming-trained - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Sep 28, 2015 10:45 pm
Crossing the river seemed....easier this time, picking a place down stream and out of reach of the river creature. Khoren seemed to struggle the most, being pushed downstream in the current until it got shallow enough to nearly crawl across.

On the other side, you regroup and dry off (hedge magic or otherwise). Khoren and Darazen step up one of the bank to get a better vantage point of the two hills. Indeed they are identical, right down to the tree limbs and flowering plants. Your presence disturbs a long eared rodent (roll initiative against the fuzzy bunny... just kidding). He pokes his head up from the brush on the hill and another one appears on the other hill. The first one turns and scatters away followed by the second one just half a second later. As the second one leaves the bottom of the hill, it fades and disappears. The first rabbit, however, runs away and into thicket bush.

A closer look finds two identical holes one each hill, both sealed with a door recessed in.

Hill one (left) or Hill two?

Perception rolls and tell me what you are doing, looking for, etc.
Sep 28, 2015 11:04 pm
Darazen observes the rodents with curiosity. Are the two hills identical because one is a mirror or duplicate of the other? It certainly must be more than coincidence that a rodent appears from a hole in two identical hills at the same time. But why did one disappear?

In addition to perception Darazen also scans a rodent as it runs away (hill two).

Rolls

Perception - intellect - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Sep 28, 2015 11:34 pm
Drawing her dagger from its sheath, Utazó will approach the door on the left most hill. If able, she'll get close enough to put her ear to it to see if she can make out any noise from within.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Sep 29, 2015 2:31 am
Khoren frowns at the disappearing rat, and looks for other discrepancies. "Illusions, phantasms? I think this happens when they change something."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Sep 29, 2015 7:54 pm
As Utazo has the left, Yui will take the right door. Instead of listening, Yui will push the door open by a tiny fraction and take a peek inside.

Rolls

Look inside right door-perception - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 30, 2015 11:30 pm
Utazó investigates the hill one the left, dagger out as she listens intently to the door. *tick* *tick* *tick* *tick* Even with a light pressure, the door opens and reveals a darkened room inside.

Darazen scans the rodent as it runs from hill two. He picks up a slight energy signature, but little else as it fades and disappears.

Yui investigates the hill one the right. Even with a light pressure, the door opens and reveals a darkened room inside.

Khoren stands back, watching the hills and the other party members. A small bird decides to land on a limb of a tiny bush on top of hill 2. As it spreads its wings to land, the bush fades and the bird takes back to the air with a caw.
Oct 1, 2015 3:13 am
Darazen shrugs. "Curiouser and Curiouser." He wanders over to hill one and says to Utazo, "My shins are on this one."

He then scans the entrance door being examined by 'Zo.
Oct 1, 2015 3:21 am
"I think you're right, Darazen. There is some sort of noise coming from this one. A ticking sound."

Utazó will work her way into the room and let her eyes adjust to the darkness before looking around.

Rolls

Looking around. - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Oct 1, 2015 3:48 am
Khoren approaches Utazó. "Be careful. Whatever is here does not want to be found."
Oct 1, 2015 7:45 pm
Seeing Utazo enter the room, Yui pushes open her door and enters. Wonder if the insides will be identical as well?

Thread locked