Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Jun 22, 2015 5:35 pm
Esteber finds some dead, dry wood on the property (no need to roll).

Everyone please say what you would like to do during the camping time and lastly indicate watch order.
Jun 22, 2015 5:55 pm
Alden will help barricade some doors to prevent any attacker from surrounding the group and also set some simple traps (mostly alarms) in the house and around it (and of course let the group know where those barricades and traps are).

"I suggest we do the guard duty two men at a time, one watching through the window and the other keeping an eye on the house door. Remember to have an eye in the traps. I'll do the first shift. Sounds good, friends?"

Need a trap roll or something, Dextolen?
Last edited June 22, 2015 5:56 pm
Jun 22, 2015 6:12 pm
Sounds good to me, but we are an odd number, so either someone will have to pull a double shift, or someone will end up doing a guard shift alone... I guess you could start with Herja, then I could take the next one with Slae, which would leave Bart alone for the last one? Well, if I have to, I guess I could pull a double shift... as long as someone buys me a beer later on, Ha, ha!
Jun 22, 2015 6:30 pm
Yes, give me a MND+DX+Thievery roll to set traps
Jun 22, 2015 6:38 pm
"I'll take the last watch. I can watch the main door, unless you think the robed figures were the types to be scaling walls. "
Jun 22, 2015 6:51 pm
I think I'd feel much better if there was two of us making that last guard duty. I'm sure I'll be able to stay up to help you out Bart.
Jun 22, 2015 8:10 pm
There you go MND+DX+Thievery = 17

Rolls

Set traps - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 22, 2015 11:31 pm
Alden feels pretty confident in the security of the ruined manse. The group beds down for the evening, taking watches throughout the night.

During Esteber's watch he thinks he hears a man howl far off but it is mostly lost in the sound of the crashing surf on the rocks below the cliff. Helps him keep awake, however.

In the morning, the group arises and preps for the day...
Jun 23, 2015 12:30 am
"So... To the caves then? I'm getting antsy to get paid."
Jun 23, 2015 12:36 am
Rubbing his eyes to stay awake.

Yes... yes, the caves... that sounds like a good... yawns idea... Okay, let's go... Hey, did you hear someone screaming last night?
Last edited June 23, 2015 12:54 am
Jun 23, 2015 3:01 am
The group gathers up their bedrolls and blankets. The weather is overcast, rains look impending. The loch is turbulent and the winds are stronger than ever.

Will you approach the cliff and look for a way down or backtrack down to the shore and look for a way up? Or try somewhere else....?
Jun 23, 2015 6:46 am
"Good morning everyone, please stay where you are while I check the traps I set last night." Do I see some signal of anyone trying to enter the mansion?

10 Perception (12 if I can apply my hunter talent)

"As I remember the people I saw was "climbing up" to the cave so I understand this to be the easiest way. I also expect that route to be guarded"
Last edited June 23, 2015 7:57 am

Rolls

Looking for signs of "visitors" - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jun 23, 2015 10:07 am
Alden finds no evidence of trespassers
Jun 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Would make sense considering their camp is down there. also, a lot less higher to fall from if you lose your grip.

Yawns

Okay, let's make our way down there. Who knows, maybe Alden's keen eye will pick up clues we missed yesterday...
Jun 23, 2015 2:30 pm
Bart falls in with Esteber and Alden, sword resting on his shoulder.
Jun 23, 2015 2:41 pm
The group makes the trek back down the hill, and onto the beach. The camp is on your left, the cliff with flag is on your right. Would you like to go directly to the cliff or inspect the camp again?
Jun 23, 2015 2:51 pm
(OOC: Well, Esteber spend two guard shift awake, so he's not quite thinking straight yet. He won't be searching the camp again today, but he did proposed to Alden if he wanted to check it since he was not with the group yesterday. Anyone else who did not inspect the camp is free to do so today as well but Esteber won't think of proposing that.)

Esteber is basically waiting to see if Alden wants to inspect the camp, if not, then he's ready to head to the cliff right away.
Jun 23, 2015 8:05 pm
Following Esteber's suggestion Alden has a look around the camp "Hey, maybe I can find something valuable" MND+IN=10
Last edited June 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Rolls

MND+IN (Inspecting the camp) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Jun 23, 2015 8:16 pm
Alden has a look around and finds nothing much else. A pipe and tobacco. On the pipe are the initials J.A.
Jun 23, 2015 8:20 pm
Alden hides the tobacco in one of his many pockets and calls the group showing them the pipe. "Friends, look what I found, does the initials J.A. ring any bell?"
load next

Thread locked