Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Jun 25, 2015 8:16 pm
"Works for me. Slae, would you hold the torch in between here so we can see?"

Bart turns the corner to the south, carefully keeping his eyes open for more falling insects or traps.

OOC: So how much healing could I have received from Herja? I guess repeated heals until I was full again?
Last edited June 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Rolls

Perception - Base 8 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Jun 25, 2015 8:28 pm
"Hold your horses for a moment, knowing we are in an humanoid-made place, I think we need to be extra careful with traps. or giant-ninja-centipedes"

Rolls

Looking for traps TN 14 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Looking for giant-ninja-centipedes TN 10 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Jun 25, 2015 8:30 pm
Actually, there are empty sconces on the walls, every 10 feet or so.

I was sort of hoping Jabes would post as I don't know how much healing Herja would give you! :) Normally, yes, you get topped off time permitting.
Jun 25, 2015 8:33 pm
Bart searches the southern annex. It is much like the rest of the main hall, except for a large fresco of a naked, buxom blue woman becoming to the viewer. While rather distracting, Bart thinks he sees a tiny gap, a seam in a door shaped pattern of the wall she's painted on.

Alden carefully looks around but spies nothing out of the ordinary.
Jun 25, 2015 8:36 pm
"Alden, what do you make of this?" Bart points to the door shaped seam in the wall.

Barring any interruptions from Alden, Bart will try to pull on the door seam.
Jun 25, 2015 9:00 pm
"Let me have a look" Alden tries to determine if the door is trapped, if he finds any, disables it and tries to unlock the door

Rolls

Looking for traps 14 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Disable traps (if any) 17 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Unlock the door 17 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 25, 2015 9:16 pm
Alden gives the secret door a once over, not finding any traps. The door is not locked.
Jun 25, 2015 9:24 pm
Bart pulls on the door. Should that fail, he pushes.
Jun 25, 2015 9:34 pm
With a push, the door opens.

In addition to rotting furniture, this chamber contains a chest, assorted bones, shards of broken pottery, crude stone weapons, a flute-like instrument and a remarkable three-foot-tall silver statue of a naked woman with the head of a catfish and webbed, claw hands and feet. She is stretching her arms out wide.
Jun 26, 2015 1:16 am
Esteber observes the room, showing a sign of revulsion at the statue. Does that looks like the sea creatures you saw Alden?
Jun 26, 2015 12:04 pm
"They are somewhat similar, but please understand I couldn't get close to them. I might be wrong"

http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/657/?p=12897#p12897

"But for the looks of it, looks like that your employer was digging in those creatures ruins?"

Soon the chest catches his attention and greed takes control over fear. "Well... I could have a look at this chest, maybe there's some gold inside... those fishmen are already angry anyway..."

Rolls

Detect traps on the chest 14 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Disable traps (if any) 17 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Unlock the chest 17 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 26, 2015 12:19 pm
The chest is free from traps and also not locked. Inside, Alden finds a thick, leather-bound journal. It is monogrammed with the initials C A in gold lettering. Beneath the journal is a folded blue cloak, quite ruined by time.

A quick thumb through the journal includes:

This is the journal of Lord Crandall Apperson
Sketches of a form like the statue with the words "Makil" beneath it.
On the opposite page the sensuous, human-headed version labeled "The Blue Lady".
Journal entries which details finding of the caves and an unhealthy obsession with the goddess Makil,
Descriptions of a number of bizarre rituals, many of which involve orgies.
Many cult gatherings ended with diving naked off the cliff cave entrance into the waters below
Names of cult members.
Jun 26, 2015 1:18 pm
It would look that way Alden, and my guess is the former occupants of that ruined manor above were probably cultist of this Makil goddess. Well, the estate is places in such a way which would allow for this naked dive ritual, not to mention the hooded figures nosing about the mausoleum...
Jun 26, 2015 6:44 pm
Herja doesn't register Estebar's vaguely ribald remark. Her thoughts are in turmoil after having revealed her healing talent to these people she hardly knows. "Varl help me!" she mutters, and hefts her axe for the hundredth time. The idol of the obscene goddess Makil fills her with disgust and gives her the now-familiar chill that the loch gave her. She picks up the flute and examines it.
Jun 26, 2015 7:14 pm
The flute is made of a woody, hollow reed with tiny holes too small and close together for human fingers. It is decorated in tiny shells.
Jun 26, 2015 7:20 pm
"Most likely this flute summons the blue-robes. If it summons something more terrifying I doubt they would leave it lying around."

Rolls

Detect Magic on the flute (CTN 11) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Jun 26, 2015 8:25 pm
no aura detected...
Jun 26, 2015 11:15 pm
"Esteber, did you see anything in the north annex? I think we should move on, if we hurry we might even catch an orgy...", Bart looks at the weird fish statue, reconsidering, "or we could just slay them all"
Jun 27, 2015 2:34 pm
No, I did not noticed anything there, so I guess we can go check those corroded doors. After you guys. Oh, Herja, if you're not taking this flute, I think I'll pocket it...

Esteber motions the rest of the party to proceed, he and Herja will soon follow...
Jun 27, 2015 2:40 pm
Herja treats Esteber to a rare smile before slipping the flute down her décolletage. She moves to follow the others, leaving him gaping.
load next

Thread locked