Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Jul 13, 2015 12:49 pm
With combat over, Slae looks around at the dank, wet cavern.

"This is NOT the kind of place I want to go walking around in. I don't feel any good magical items or scrolls will be here. I'm out. See you later, boys - and girl!"

With that, he departs.
Jul 13, 2015 1:40 pm
Bart reaches up to object to Slae's leaving, but the mage is gone before he gets a chance. "Bye, I guess... More pay for us I guess!" the tall warrior says grinning to his remaining party members.

"Well, with Slae leaving, Gertrude will have to bite a bit harder."

Bart pulls out a small jar of weapon paste while Alden skins the lizards. Once Alden is finished, Bart will have a look around the carvern.

Rolls

Weapon paste d20 attacks: - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jul 13, 2015 1:49 pm
Wow Bart, when you mentioned mounting a lizard's head to your wall, I did not though someone would take you literally... Well, I guess Alden knows what he's doing. Farewell Slae. I guess I could strap my shield to my back and hold the torch for a while, you need both hands to wield Gertrude after all Bart.
Jul 13, 2015 1:49 pm
Alden finishes his work and turns around...

"Hey where did the elf go?"
Jul 14, 2015 12:36 am
He went away claiming this adventure would not further his magical knowledge or something like that... Would it be funny if we end up finding a bunch of magic baubles and scrolls?
Jul 14, 2015 12:54 am
"indeed. His loss!" Bart proclaims, satisfied that Gertrude is extra keen with a paying of weapon paste.
Shall we carry on with making ourselves richer?
Jul 14, 2015 1:28 am
Agreed. Same marching order as before, so far it seems to be working, so why fix what is not broken. I'll close the march holding the torch.

Esteber straps his wooden shield to his back and grabs the torch in his off-hand.

Nobody needs some medical attention before we leave. I have but a scratch, but Bart, that thing looked like it took a good chunk out of you, Will you be alright?

(OOC: I assume we caught out breath while Alden was skinning the lizards...)
Last edited July 14, 2015 1:30 am
Jul 14, 2015 2:39 am
Alden skins the lizards while the others catch their breath. The stench of the Arga's former meals is nearly unbearable. Among the dead include two people in blue robes and two in work clothes.
Jul 14, 2015 11:50 am
"What if one of these dead workers is our supposed employer?"
Jul 14, 2015 1:32 pm
Maybe, maybe not. I think for now we need to continue with the assumption our employer is still alive. If he is dead, or we simply cannot find him, we'll report back to the guild. But for now we need to keep searching... speaking of searching, maybe we should look on these corpse for clues... and equipments which might help us which those poor souls obviously won't need anymore...

Esteber gives a cursory look of the bodies.

(OOC: Ah! I actually succeeded that! XD )
Last edited July 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Rolls

Esteber's Search check (CTN 4) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jul 14, 2015 2:24 pm
The first thing that Esteber notices is that the cultists are wearing fish masks and webbed / clawed gloves. The worker types look young, late teens, early twenties, and they carry a belt with brushes, a hammer, chalk...
Jul 14, 2015 3:49 pm
"Huh, worker bees for making their dirty murals." Bart scowls as he looks over Esteber's shoulder.
Jul 18, 2015 1:37 pm
From here, the group can travel north, where there are two passages, one of cut stone and one natural. To the west is a natural ledge, with a wooden ladder resting against it. There is also a natural stone stair to the south west leading up to perhaps another area. To the south are two passages - one looks natural and one looks hewn.

You can also go back and further explore the eastern cavern.
Jul 18, 2015 2:10 pm
Esteber starts doing teh Freelands version of "eenie, meenie, mo" and it falls on the northern passage which looks cut.

Well, this is as good a choice as any, unless there are objections...

(OOC: I simply rolld 1d5 IRL. XD )
Jul 18, 2015 3:16 pm
No objections, led the way warrior
Jul 18, 2015 4:00 pm
You heard the man, lead the way Bart!
Jul 19, 2015 12:03 pm
You move down a short length of cut stone hallway that ends in an old but sturdy looking wood and iron banded door.
Jul 19, 2015 2:01 pm
"Let me check this door fellow adventurers."

Alden will try to listen to see if he can detect anyone on the other side and try to detect traps, but won't try to open it yet (this will depend on the listen roll).

Rolls

Listen 10 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Detect traps 14 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jul 19, 2015 2:04 pm
Alden puts an ear to the door and hears some muffled sounds, perhaps voices, and some shuffling around. The door does not appear to be trapped but is barred from the inside.
Jul 19, 2015 2:14 pm
Alden let's the others know his findings.

"what do you think friends? maybe we could block this door from this side to avoid whomever is inside to catch us offguard?" whispers to the adventurers.
load next

Thread locked