Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Jul 19, 2015 3:25 pm
Estebers says this whispering.

Or we might find some answers in there. I say we go in. At worst, we have some blue robed figures to fight, at best, we found some living prisoners...
Jul 19, 2015 4:26 pm
*whispers* "Do you think your employer might be inside? do you want to knock at the door?"
Jul 19, 2015 10:22 pm
Still, whispering.

Nay my friend, if it is hostiles, we'll simply alert them. Lets just open the door and burst inside expecting trouble. If we find terrorized archeologists, we save them, anything else, we kill it...
Jul 19, 2015 10:30 pm
With a grim expression and heft of her shield Herja nods her agreement with Esteber.
Jul 20, 2015 1:54 am
Alright Bart, I'll open the door and you charge in and cut down anything that doesn't look like an archeologist, we'll all be right behind you...

Esteber moves to grab the door's handle, and silently mouths the words "one... two... three..."
Jul 20, 2015 6:57 am
OOC: According to Dex's description the door is barred from the other side, I think it means we can't open it from here. Am I wrong?
Jul 20, 2015 2:22 pm
"Ack! cowards, barring the doors." Gertrude is still hungry. "So, do we go around and try to find a new path? Or just try knocking, maybe they'll welcome us as saviours!"
Jul 20, 2015 2:31 pm
With you hushed discussion, Alden notices that the room behind the door has now fallen silent.

Rolls

CTN 12 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jul 20, 2015 3:16 pm
Herja brings out the strange flute. "I was going to suggest we draw them out with this but it seems we've been noticed already." She puts the flute away and braces for battle.
Jul 20, 2015 3:28 pm
There is no response from behind the door. Alden hears a muffled "Hush...it could be more of those things!"
Jul 20, 2015 6:24 pm
"We are not things but men, fear not"
Jul 20, 2015 6:58 pm
"Indeed, we are human, sent by the Adventurer's Guild at Atarin's demand. Apparently someone, or something, was threatening his archaeological dig..."
Jul 21, 2015 12:22 am
There is a brief pause and then you hear the bar being lifted and the door opens a crack. An older man's eye peers out at your, looking you up and down, and behind you. Then the door opens wide. The old man is wearing a blue robe, it's hood back, exposing his head. Behind him are 3 similarly garbed people. An older woman, a young man and young woman. Everyone looks scared, tired and very dehydrated.

The room beyond looks like a small storeroom. Moldy, rotten boxes, a barrel, some pegs on the wall with more blue robes. Your observation of the room is interrupted by the older man who clears his throat.

"Ahem, dear adventuring guilds men. I am so very glad you are here. I am Lord Delmar Miles. My friends and I wish to leave this place immediately and I will pay you handsomely to return us to my estate not a couple of miles from here. Shall we consider it an agreement?" he says as he holds out his hand.
Jul 21, 2015 12:30 am
"Who all is in there, is Atarin there? Our client is a man named Jerol Atarin, do you know of him?" Bart looks at the group, then to his party, "Though, I do like being paid... what say you group?"
Jul 21, 2015 12:41 am
"Atarin is dead, killed by those monsters" Lord Delmar quickly responds.

Rolls

Esteber MND+AU = 6 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Bart MND+AU = 5 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Alden MND+AU = 8 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Herja MND+AU = 11 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jul 21, 2015 12:44 am
When the old man responds with the news of Atarin's demise, Bart notices the young woman in the back of the room bite her lip and look a bit flustered.
Jul 21, 2015 1:13 am
Noticing the young woman, Eseteber puts on his most charming demeanor.

Atarin is dead? Really? Well this is inconvenient, he was to be our employer for this particular mission. Lord Miles, you mentioned creatures... what sort of creatures? Are those creatures the ones who were sending threats to Atarin's dig site?

Then turning to the young lady who looks flustered.

M'lady, are you feeling alright?
Jul 21, 2015 1:56 am
"Aye, such a tragedy" Bart puts on a hard face, addressing Lord Miles. "You'll forgive me, my lord, but what exactly happened to Jerol? Without evidence, we might just have to leave you here while we investigate the rest of the complex. I would hate for something bad to happen to your entourage were we to be absent."
Jul 21, 2015 2:27 am
"Those monstrosities set upon him. Now if you don't mind. 100, 100 gold coins to bring us safely out of this place NOW!" the Lord says, looking somewhat impatient.

Delmar turns to Esteber. "The girl has been hiding in here with us for 3 days. She is exhausted and thirsty, we must leave now, it is not safe here"
Jul 21, 2015 1:38 pm
"I'm more inclined to accept the coins and run away from here, but I don't know what is your agreement with the Adventurer's Guild, so it's your choice friends, I'll stay by your side whatever you decide"
load next

Thread locked