Chapter 1.1 - The Alamo Remembers

load previous
Aug 27, 2015 8:10 pm
The guard, fumbling for his holster, draws his gun out but takes a slug from Eli in his shoulder. He curses again, saying something that sounds like "shit-sickle", before firing at Eli. Without even waiting too see the results of his shot, he drops the gun and arches his back, growling in pain as his skin begins to sprout fur.

AJs own round catches him in the forehead which explodes outward, splashing the wall behind him. The fur on his skin vanishes as he slides lifelessly down the wall.
Speed defense from Eli, please.
Aug 27, 2015 8:18 pm
Eli tries to jump out of the way when the beast aims at him...

Rolls

Speed defense - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Aug 27, 2015 9:09 pm
Eli takes 4 points of might damage from the shot.

Diego, hearing all of the gunfire right beside him that isn't a part of the battle for the Alamo, can make another intellect defense roll to break the spell.
Aug 27, 2015 9:11 pm
Diego dismounts Diablo and prepares to scamper up to the walls as quickly as possible

Rolls

Initiative [Trained] - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 27, 2015 9:56 pm
"That's gonna leave a mark" as he digs out the slug and applies some bandages (Ooc recovery roll)

Rolls

Recovery - (1d6+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Aug 29, 2015 6:15 pm
"Where's all the gun fire coming from?"

Rolls

Intellect Roll - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Aug 30, 2015 7:37 pm
Diego feels his mind slipping away, as if sleep were coming on unbidden. His recent experiences slowly seep from him, moving towards rendering him an inactive participant in a recreation of the Battle for the Alamo. However, something strange about the gunfire from his companions draws his attention and he reaches grasping at motes of dust in the wind, as it were. He finds his way slowly back to the present, and the Texan forces fade away. He sees AJ and Eli nearby, eyeing him with some trepidation.

Beyond the walls, you can see the Alamo proper. The chapel in the rear right dominates the eye, but the garrison to the left is larger. The brief gun battle has drawn a few eyes, and several nuns duck into the chapel building. The doors to the garrison open violently and several Texan soldiers charge out. One is pulling his suspenders on, dual pistols strapped to his hips, and three others are carrying rifles. Unlike all Texan soldiers you know of, two of them are women. The four of them look at the gate, and bring their rifles to bear.
Initiative once again please.
Aug 30, 2015 7:57 pm
Questioning his sanity, Diego is unsure what to make of the soldiers charging out of the gate. "Dream or not, I have no intention of dying."

Rolls

Initiative [Trained] - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Aug 30, 2015 11:43 pm
"Ain't no rest for the wicked!" He goes to activate his leather arm bracer (in front of these assailants) and then dashes away for cover

Rolls

Initiative (trained) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Fleet of Foot (action and short move) 3 or higher (trained in running) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 1, 2015 5:11 pm
Seeing the advancing "soldiers", I notice the suspender-wearing dual pistol shooter and take aim on him.

Rolls

Initiative (not trained) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Sep 2, 2015 1:24 pm
Eli activates a cypher and a brief flash occurs in front of the garrison. The man in suspenders transforms into a werewolf, and begins to stalk forward; when he reaches where the flash occurred, he keels over. The rifle-toting men/women fire their guns. Speed defense rolls please.
Sep 2, 2015 2:15 pm
Eli tries to avoid the gunfire barrage...

After the barrage he returns fire

Rolls

Speed defense (with cover? - an asset?) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Handgun 4 damage +1 point of piercing - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Sep 2, 2015 2:42 pm
"Was that another..." Diego only get halfway through is though before it becomes apparent that he needs to find some cover.

Rolls

Speed Defense [w/ Effort] - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Sep 2, 2015 4:38 pm
What was that? I thought as I saw my former target fall from whatever it was Eli did. I dive for cover before taking aim at another "soldier".
[OOC: Giving attack roll even though I know I'm last to go.]
Last edited September 2, 2015 4:39 pm

Rolls

Speed Defense (specialized) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Attack (8 damage w/ free use of Pierce) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Sep 3, 2015 3:01 am
A hail of bullets chews up the ground behind your footfalls as you run for cover. A bullet even pierces Diego's poncho but misses his skin.

Eli and AJ fire their weapons, Eli's goes wide while AJ hits a rifle-wielding woman between the eyes, killing her instantly.

The suspendered man lies still on the ground. One of the riflemen steps forward toward him, and he, too, falls unconscious. The others exchange worried glances and redouble their fire.
Diego can act before they go again, then speed defenses from Eli and AJ, please. There are two still up, two unconscious, and one nearly headless but fully dead.
Sep 3, 2015 10:55 am
"These things got the bloodlust, no backing down from them.", he sighs as he returns fire.

Rolls

Speed defense (with asset from cover) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

attack (handgun) - add 1 pt pierce dmg (5) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Sep 3, 2015 5:55 pm
Shocked but happily so by Eli's.. whatever it was he did, I shout over the gunfire to him. "Whoah! Eli, whatever you did, I sure am glad you did it." I take aim and shoot at one of the remaining "soldiers".
[OOC: If there's cover I can dive behind, maybe the kind I can shoot while still mostly behind that cover, I'm going to move for it.]

Rolls

Speed Defense (specialized) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Attack (8 damage w/ free use of Pierce) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Sep 3, 2015 9:23 pm
Diego will draw his pistol and fire at one of the two still firing.

Rolls

Attack Roll - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 4, 2015 1:28 pm
Diego fires his gun but misses. Overwhelmed by the losses they are taking the last two riflemen fire their weapons, also missing their targets, but then drop the weapons and arch their backs in pain. Hair sprouts from their arms and turns to fur, and their jaws jut out unnaturally.

The shifting monsters make for interesting targets and all three of you hit your targets. [+2 dmg for Eli's nat 18]. One of the targets goes down but you can see the change still occurring on him.
Next actions?
Sep 4, 2015 2:03 pm
Cursing himself for missing the first shot, Diego does his best to steady his arm and takes aim and the one monster still standing.

EDIT: BALLS!
Last edited September 4, 2015 2:03 pm

Rolls

Attack Roll - (1d20)

(1) = 1

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.