Chapter 1.1 - The Alamo Remembers

load previous
Jul 2, 2015 4:35 pm
Diego draws his pistol and fires off a round at the closest enemy.

OOC: How do you say 'BALLS!' in Spanish?
Last edited July 2, 2015 4:36 pm

Rolls

Attack - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Jul 2, 2015 5:55 pm
"Gal-durn wolfies!!" Instead of grabbing his knife, he draws his silver-bullet laden handgun and blasts at the closest man-beast.

OOC: What the? Both of us roll 1s?? Fix! Anyway, I'm spending my special XP for a re-roll...

OOC: Seriously, a 2 now? Is the dice function working properly??
Last edited July 2, 2015 5:57 pm

Rolls

Attack roll with gun, Pierce (6 damage on a hit) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Re-roll gun attack (XP), with pierce (6 damage on a hit) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Jul 2, 2015 6:02 pm
OOC: This is a test only, I'm seriously thinking there is something wrong with the dice roller. This roll will prove or disprove my theory

OOC followup: Ok, sadly the system isn't broken. Just a few really unfortunate lousy rolls in a row.
Last edited July 2, 2015 6:03 pm

Rolls

test only - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jul 6, 2015 4:45 am
After AJ's rifle blasted off, Diego and Eli both decide that gunplay is called for. However, Diego's pistol is caught on something on his belt and he can't draw it. (Diego: this is a free GM intrusion from your natural '1'. Speed Defense please). Similarly, Eli draws his pistol, aims and fires, but from point blank range he somehow misses.
Jul 6, 2015 9:19 pm
"Son of a..."

Rolls

Speed Defense - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Jul 8, 2015 12:45 pm
The saloon has erupted into gunfire and violence. Initially fascinated, indeed craving the impending action, the other patrons of the establishment duck behind their tables or the bar to avoid getting involved. Of course, your

The bearded faro player, gritting at his teeth as Diego fumbles for his gun, jumps forward and swings with a wild haymaker that connects with Diego in the cheek. (Diego takes two points of might damage.) Three of the other faro players have drawn their weapons and begin firing on Diego, Eli and AJ. The man on the ground draws himself to his knees and crawls back toward the table, leaving a streak of blood spatters on the floor behind him.

(The three faro players are shooting at each of the three of you. AJ can still act before they fire, but speed defense checks from each of you to avoid the faro-fire. Then you can all act again. If the Colonel is still involved, he can act at will from the doorway, otherwise he will remain outside.)
Jul 8, 2015 4:29 pm
Eli is undeterred from his misfire, attempting to dodge the hail of bullets and firing off a silver bullet of his own..

Rolls

Speed defense trained) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

attack (handgun) - add 1 pt pierce dmg (5) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Jul 8, 2015 9:34 pm
Spitting blood onto the floor, Diego once again reaches for his pistol in an attempt to defend himself from the soon to be corpse that smacked him.

Rolls

Speed Defense - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Attack Roll - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Jul 9, 2015 7:51 pm
I swing my barrel to line up with my next target.
"[OOC: Well look at that. A minor effect. Let's say my shot hits my target so that he drops his weapon. Sound good? ]
Last edited July 9, 2015 8:04 pm

Rolls

Attack (7 damage) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Jul 11, 2015 1:36 am
AJ fires and a gun goes flying, the would be gunman's hand spurting blood and fingers, and, for some reason his face is also bleeding. Perhaps a ricochet? He screams.(Gunman 3 takes 7 points of damage and is badly hurt.)

Gunfire erupts from the other two faro players, and Eli takes a slug to the side. (Eli: 3 points of might damage from Gunman 4.)

Diego deftly dodges behind the bearded guy, who takes his faro partners bullet to the back. (3 points to the bearded Gunman 2 from Gunman 5). The bearded guy loses his action from the shock.
AJ can act again before the two faro players can fire again, and the bearded guy can punch Diego again. The guy with the mangled hand looks like he might be out of the fight.
Jul 13, 2015 11:06 pm
Kneeling to steady my aim more, I turn my sights to the next faro player.
ooc: aiming at gunman 4 and expending a level of effort while using Pierce for a total of 8 damage on a hit, costing 3 speed points.
Last edited July 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Rolls

Attack - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Jul 13, 2015 11:48 pm
Ooc: it's not clear whether my previous 13 to hit actually hit (gunman 4 I assume). He shoots at gunman 4 again if AJ doesn't drop him. Otherwise another nearby target

Eli grunts when the bullet strikes, only slightly blunted by his this coat. He fires another round at his faro-foe.

Rolls

Attack roll (handgun, pierce, 5 dmg) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Speed defense if needed - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Jul 14, 2015 2:10 pm
Diego plugs the bearded guy with a deafening roar from his .44 and the bearded guy spins from the two shots. He grabs the bar on his way down, and pulls a frilly lamp down with him.

AJ and Eli fire and nail a faro player (Gunman 4). He goes flying backwards from the leadstorm and crashes into the faro table. He is clearly dead.

Gunman 5 drops his gun and holds his hands up, backing away. There is a look of fear on his eyes, which also dart furtively towards a door to the backroom.

A hush falls over the saloon. Blood spreads from the wounds of multiple men, and the others have frozen in place like rabbits when an owl is near.

What are you going to do?
Jul 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Noticing the look given to the door to the backroom, I nudge Diego, "I think there's something worthwhile beyond that door." Keeping my rifle trained on everyone else, I prepare to make my way to the door.
Jul 14, 2015 10:18 pm
Diego nods to AJ as he raises his gun towards the man with his hands in the air. "Easy there, Gringo! You'd be dead before you'd ever make it to that door. Why don't you just drop to the ground so no one else gets hurt. Comprende?"

Diego will pull the hammer back on his pistol, just to show he means business as he covers AJ's move towards the door.
Jul 16, 2015 2:08 pm
The last faro player lies down beside the ruined table, his hands palm down by his ears, and his head cocked awkwardly so he can see you.

The bartender chortles from behind the bar. "Friend, you've done me a turn though I reckon you don't know that. Let me do you one in return." His eyes narrow as he looks at the bearded man. "Now, what's behind that door, is pain and hurt, and that's all you gotta know. All this racket has woken it up, and believe you me, when it wakes, it's no kind of fun."
Jul 17, 2015 2:54 pm
Having some idea of what the bartender may be referring to, Diego answers, "Maybe all of you should leave and let me and my amigos handle what's behind the door."
Jul 17, 2015 5:00 pm
While Eli would rather heed the bartenders warning, it seems that his new friend Diego is determined to open Pandora's Door, so he prepares himself for further action..
Jul 18, 2015 12:51 am
I refocus my aim to the crowd and take a step forward to emphasize Diego's point. "Everyone out." And then I cock my rifle. "Now."
Jul 18, 2015 12:58 am
The bartender, the waitress, the dealer, the last faro player and the two cigar smoking cowpokes all head for the door. They assist the wounded card players as well.

The saloon is empty, and the backroom door beckons.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.