Chapter 1.1 - The Alamo Remembers

load previous
Sep 24, 2015 10:08 pm
I watch the man twitch through the sight on my rifle, wondering if it's really over.
Sep 24, 2015 10:10 pm
Eli, invisibly, steps over the dying were beast a puts a silver bullet in its head.

He then moves back to the desk, searching it and looking for any writing or other clues.
Last edited September 24, 2015 10:10 pm
Sep 24, 2015 10:20 pm
Diego is going to simply lay where he's and try to recover a bit.

Rolls

Recovery Roll [Action] - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Sep 24, 2015 10:21 pm
The sudden, final gunshot seems all the louder. It rings like a death knell from a church tower, clear and brought in the still air. Lit only by the flickering electricity surrounding the demonic gateway, Eli searches the desk, and finds a journal that is almost entirely empty except for a couple entries.
August 5, 2015

The inopposite gate lead us to a recursion based on the wild west. We're trapped in some sort of historical reenactment of the battle for the Alamo. The gate opened right in the cellar of the Alamo itself. Luckily, the soldiers were mostly off tearing Mexico a new one. More lucky that the Texans werent being outclassed by the Mexican hoard right when we came through. We killed most of the soldiers, but one was awakened and gave a bit of a stink. Could of jumped him in, but once we got the blood going there was no stopping us, haha. The rest seemed trapped in some kind of hallucination. That dream almost grabbed some of us, too, but a little wolf bite and they were back in their heads.

August 9, 2015

I'm not sure what were doing here. Big John thinks we can make ourselves kings here. There's just enough Strange here to let the Curse work, at least for a little while. But if this gate closes we're not coming here as ourselves, that's for sure. So what's the plan? I say we grab what we can and get out, maybe tear up that dirty little town nearby in a night of teeth and claws and screams. Still, Big John makes the rules, and I guess we just gotta go with it. At least we're not being harassed by bloodsuckers like back in The Gloaming.
Sep 24, 2015 10:47 pm
Eli's final shot signaled my body to finally relax and take the fullest breath I had taken in far too long. Lowering my rifle, I lean against the wall for a moment before heading over to Eli, just now noticing what he's discovered.

Rolls

Recovery roll (action) - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Sep 24, 2015 11:23 pm
Eli points out the journal to his comrades.

"He looks around and grumbles, "People always laughed at me when I said there was a basement in the Alamo. Least I got two witnesses this time".

Then he slowly takes off his hat, coat and shirt, examining his numerous wounds. He sits down gingerly for a rest.

(Ooc: 2 recovery rolls needed. I think u used one earlier, so this time I will need an hour).

Rolls

Recovery x2 - (2d6+2)

(33) + 2 = 8

Sep 25, 2015 12:03 am
Anyone else want to use a longer recovery roll should roll it. Otherwise, what do you do with the hour Eli is spending flat on his back?
Sep 25, 2015 1:21 am
"A rest sound mighty fine." Feeling physically and emotionally drained, I squat down near Eli and quietly discuss what he discovered. "Looks like these creatures were from another world. This ... thing" I motion to the portal, "was their way back." I consider the implications for a minute. "You think there 're more through that?"

Rolls

Recovery roll (1 hr) - (1d6+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Sep 25, 2015 1:40 am
Diego will use his 10 minute recovery roll and spend the rest of the hour looking about the place.

Rolls

Recovery - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Searching About - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 25, 2015 4:32 am
Diego finds:
- from the 'man', another grenade (damage 4 in a 15' radius), his two pistol-sized machine-guns (damage 4), with four canisters of ammunition (30 rounds in each), his leather duster (armor 2), and an assortment of personal items that make little sense to you, but 2 of which catch your eye
- a shard of crystal (cypher: Radiation spike, level 9)
- a small, strange scope mounted to one of the guns (cypher: Sniper module, level 5)
- from the desk, you find four more cyphers
- a glass bottle with an eyedropper of silver liquid (cypher: Melt all, level 9)
- a tube of glue (cypher: Glue, level 6)
- a clip-on style earring (cypher: Vanisher, level 8)
- a sticky patch with a removable cover (cypher: Mind meld, level 2)
- from the satchel on the chair, you find a bunch of clothing that looks like it would fit this man, all of strange materials and amazingly high grades of quality, and several books about a wizard living in Chicago
Sep 25, 2015 4:33 am
You can each take 2 xp at this point, one for discovering the portal, and the other for discovering the journal and learning of the wolfpeople's world, The Gloaming.
Sep 25, 2015 10:00 pm
I suppose the question of the day is are you going to: 1) attempt to go through the portal yourselves; 2) attempt to destroy the portal; 3) ignore the portal and leave; or 4) do something else.

As an aside, your characters should have figured out that there are several ways to translate, so this portal isn't unique in that regards. But the journal does suggest that the portal offers some advantage to these wolf-demon hombres.

Lastly, if you want to spend some xp, stuff generally costs 4 xp to get you something permanent. I can elaborate if you don't have the core rule book.
Sep 26, 2015 4:00 am
Diego will add 4 points to his stat pool.
Sep 27, 2015 10:42 pm
After my rest, I go over to Diego with the strange items he's studying. "Whatcha got there buddy?"
[OOC: I have 3 xp total. I want to keep some in order to use them for other things. - LIKE REROLLS.]
Sep 27, 2015 11:22 pm
I examine the items as well. He nods over to the portal and asks, "so what do you think about that thing?"

Ooc I'm going to increase my speed edge
Sep 27, 2015 11:40 pm
"I think it's dangerous and no good can come from it." I look at the crackling black portal suspiciously. "I don't want to see any more of these creatures, but I wonder if it'll take us home."
Sep 28, 2015 12:58 am
Diego looks over the items carefully, trying to determine what might be useful, and discussing the options with the others. "Appears to be some useful things here. The three of us should decide what we take and then get moving." Pocketing the grenade, one of the machine pistols, two canisters of ammo, and the crystal shard. He points at the scope device - "Might work well for one of your rifles..."

Studying the portal Diego responds to AJ, "Home, Amigo? One way to find out..."
Oct 3, 2015 1:23 am
After Diego's trailing sentiment, you stare at each other and the "portal" for what feels like a week. It flickers at you with a mad, erratic pace and you feel that if you stare at it long enough it may begin to make sense. Alas.

Deep within its murky depths, your unflinching gaze makes out a flash as if a lantern suddenly was shone on the other side. The surface of the portal turns into waves and then a small box slides through and lands on the floor. The portal grows still.

From the smell, the box seems like it may contain hot food.
Oct 3, 2015 1:40 am
OOC: "for what feels like a week" - more like five days. :-)

Kneeling by the box, Diego stares at it for a few seconds before picking it up and examining it.

Rolls

Perception Check - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Oct 3, 2015 1:54 am
"Mmm that smells good. Been a long time since I've had warm food". He cautiously waits for Diego's assessment
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.