Character Creation

Jun 26, 2015 3:07 pm
Please post your characters here, together with 2 personality traits, ideal bond and flaw, so that you can introduce to each other. And also so I can grant inspiration! (might help us build a suitable team too - this is no picnic as far as haunted villages and castles go)
Jun 26, 2015 3:13 pm
Starting gold?
Jun 26, 2015 3:20 pm
As per DMG - I'll set it at 750 (average rounded down) and normal starting equipment. You are free to spend (as individuals) that on any equipment you want, and I will also grant 30 days of downtime to each player if you want it. Each player can also buy up to two healing potions (50gp each)
Jun 26, 2015 4:40 pm
So I'm thinking a couple things. First is Goliath Fighter (Champion) Entertainer (Gladiator)
Jun 26, 2015 5:00 pm
Or a Cleric 1/Bard 4 healer bot.
Jun 26, 2015 5:14 pm
One more thing - once you have a character concept, could you find an image to represent your character? I will be uploading it to 3D virtual tabletop and posting photos as we go, as long as it continues working!!

Good ideas so far - I will allow all supplemented material including the EE spells. Only problem I think is swashbuckler, who simply won't get sneak attack when at disadvantage
Jun 26, 2015 7:14 pm
Pretty sure I'm going rogue, unless nobody else wants to play a paladin, in which case, I'll play a paladin. Generally speaking, they'll be about what one expects them to be.
Jun 26, 2015 7:45 pm
I'm already playing a paladin in another game. I was thinking of playing a wild magic sorcerer with the noble background in this game. I'm barely familiar with Ravenloft, but it was the first character concept that came to mind. Sound good?
Jun 26, 2015 8:22 pm
I was kind of hoping to be some kind of witch-hunter rogue/assassin type. I know witch hunters are more of a Warhammer thing, but it would feel appropriate for ravenloft.

So Grazzt, if you don't mind doing the Paladin thing, I'll happily go rogue.
Jun 26, 2015 9:29 pm
Grendelthebrave...were you going to go "All arcane magic is evil" type witch hunter or is there room in your concept for the "noble class sorcerer" I lean arcane caster as well...but with this group make up I'm not sure yet. I'm not a big fan of Paladins myself...I'm leaning cleric or monk...possibly fighter. I guess I will confer with themightykobold. He has mentioned heal not or fighter...I will fill the role he doesn't choose.
Jun 26, 2015 9:37 pm
I'm gonna go with human fighter though it'll be more finesse than smash and bash.

Question for the DM: I'm thinking about making something like a Lamplighter which is an old Mordentish prestige class. Kinda like a investigator with the trust of the people. Question is, can I wield a lantern in my offhand with the stats of a club? Maybe 1d6 Bludgeoning?
Jun 26, 2015 9:44 pm
Healer for me then
Jun 26, 2015 10:40 pm
themightykobold says:

Question for the DM: I'm thinking about making something like a Lamplighter which is an old Mordentish prestige class. Kinda like a investigator with the trust of the people. Question is, can I wield a lantern in my offhand with the stats of a club? Maybe 1d6 Bludgeoning?
A lamp-lighting pole is not a good weapon - 1 bludgeoning damage (or fire if lit) and reach property. Lantern could have the stats of a club including the light properly, if you are happy with it possibly going out sometimes (roll d20 vs damage or lower)(or even blinding enemies)
Jun 26, 2015 10:43 pm
Sorcerer was the best damage dealer when we played it. Go with whatever you think - healer, tank and rogue are covered by the look of things
Jun 26, 2015 10:47 pm
Well I hope I can fill those shoes with my sorcerer.
Jun 26, 2015 10:55 pm
foolsmask says:
Grendelthebrave...were you going to go "All arcane magic is evil" type witch hunter or is there room in your concept for the "noble class sorcerer" I lean arcane caster as well...but with this group make up I'm not sure yet. I'm not a big fan of Paladins myself...I'm leaning cleric or monk...possibly fighter. I guess I will confer with themightykobold. He has mentioned heal not or fighter...I will fill the role he doesn't choose.
I was thinking more evil magic and undead hunter type thing. Non-overtly evil wizards and sorcerers might not be trusted quickly, but wouldn't be hunted down without reason.
Jun 26, 2015 11:00 pm
Cool. At first blush I thought you were doing the "all magic is bad " thing...which gets dicey. Sounds good to me .
Jun 27, 2015 1:59 am
Sweet .. I'll draw up a paladin, and Grendel can be the mineswee.... er ... point man. May go with my old half-orc paladin who was a bandit and a marauder until he had an epiphany. He's still pretty much a strong-arm thug, but he's on the side of the righteous these days. Or, I may make a more standard paladin.
Jun 27, 2015 4:19 am
Would anybody be interested in being a part of my Soldier background? Not saying you have to be a Soldier...Noble and Folk Hero could work easily. Others are options, those two just jumped out at me as likely.
Jun 27, 2015 6:54 am
Folk Hero or Noble Variant (the knight) may work for the type of character I'm going with now. I think the Variant Human is the way I have to go to do all the things I want to do. I'll flesh it out but I'm thinking dual rapiers in heavy armor is going to be the thing.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.