General discussion

load previous
Dec 10, 2015 6:12 pm
OOC: Being thrown into this chaos Mardak isn't certain what to do; however, Ireena seems less able to protect herself, so I will be focusing on protecting her, as that is an important aspect of my character. I am hopefully going to find us a potential retreat route down this secret door; however, if I open us to further threats I apologize :).
Dec 10, 2015 6:14 pm
Telling you right now, Grizel isn't going to back down unless for some reason these two ghosts can help the group against Strahd. But I guess we're past that since Grizel already made them angry (oops!). So the only way Grizel will stand down is if she's taken down or dragged away. She's not above fleeing if she gets her ass handed to her. Let's just hope she doesn't get herself killed first! :-P
Dec 10, 2015 9:33 pm
Thanks for the heads up. If I can find an escape path I just may try to persuade you to flee.
Dec 12, 2015 2:51 pm
How long does Frightened last?
Dec 12, 2015 3:05 pm
"frightened for 1 minute. A frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, with disadvantage if the creature is within line of sight, ending the effect on itself on a success."

I'll give you saves, forgot about that
Dec 12, 2015 8:20 pm
Sorry for the delay! Am just incredibly busy right now but will be able to post about 12hrs from now.

Also, how stupid of me to only use a bonus action in round 2!

Anyway, catch you later! :-)
Dec 13, 2015 3:34 pm
Biscuitfiend says:
"frightened for 1 minute. A frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, with disadvantage if the creature is within line of sight, ending the effect on itself on a success."
I'll give you saves, forgot about that
That's cool. Faelor will definitely try to get as far away from those ghosts as possible.
Last edited December 13, 2015 3:36 pm
Dec 13, 2015 3:54 pm
Quote:
Behind all the machinery, a cold shaft rises up from the darkness and continues past the room.
Biscuitfiend, what do you mean by a cold shaft? Do you mean a breeze of cold air, or a cold passage way that continues on through the room?
Dec 13, 2015 4:01 pm
Think uncovered elevator shaft - a vertical passageway. Jump down and die or climb up and risk death. But the controls may be usable.
Dec 13, 2015 6:05 pm
Hmmm ok thank you for the clarification, I can picture it better now :).
Dec 14, 2015 7:38 am
Trait: When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way
Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.

Grizel's realizing she was wrong to attack blindlessly. She fears that she's thrown everyone's lives away by attacking these ghosts and as a result Strahd will go free.

And she remembers bits of Madame Eva's tarot card reading. I'm hoping she can convince these ghosts to stop attacking.
Dec 15, 2015 3:18 am
Hi all! My internet connection's been wonky so I didn't know if my last post went through and even if it did I realized I'd failed to specify Grizel would attempt to deal nonlethal damage if that's possible on an incorporeal creature. She's switched from trying to destroy them to trying to subdue them. Anyway I see that it did go through and the game's moved forward, though not as I'd intended, but it's. ok :-) So Grizel's down. I suppose now'd be a good time for a long rest? :-P
Last edited December 15, 2015 11:45 am
Dec 15, 2015 11:13 am
It turns out a ghost can be unconscious (that massive damage should have worked after all) so I will allow you to knock her out. You are dying right now though. That's one of the scariest monster powers in the game.
Dec 15, 2015 5:06 pm
Wow, ok that description and scene end was epic, excellent work Biscuit!
Dec 15, 2015 6:12 pm
Thanks, descriptive writing is where GP excels compared to face-to-face games :)
Dec 16, 2015 7:36 am
I sure hope somebody stabilizes Grizel and Victor! Or should we start rolling death saves? :-)
Dec 16, 2015 8:18 am
One per day, oh ho ho ho!
Dec 16, 2015 2:48 pm
Well Grizel, hopefully you have some healing ability to revive Victor after I revive you. I don't have faith in my stabilizing ability, and I would like to withdraw out of this area soon :).
Dec 16, 2015 3:06 pm
@Beorn: Yes, thanks! Grizel can split Lay On Hands between Victor and herself.

@Biscuitfiend: Balder has extinguished his light. Are we in complete darkness again here by the thrones? What about over where Mardak was working on the machinery?
Last edited December 16, 2015 3:06 pm
Dec 16, 2015 4:08 pm
I have Darkvision activated by my special ability, so I can see, but I believe we are in complete darkness.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.