The Hills

load previous
Jan 7, 2018 10:11 pm
Ug let's out a huge sigh of relief, getting up from his orc "bed" where he had been trying to remain out of sight. "That not too bad, he says with a smile " Ug had other mother song ready if meeting go bad". He then gathered his things, leaving behind the orc pillow, and started looking around for means of transporting the caravan supplies.
Last edited January 7, 2018 10:12 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Jan 8, 2018 12:06 am
"you wouldn't mind showing me a thing or two on that pole arm child?" Tulfgyr says to Alalla while he dumps an orc in the corner.
Jan 8, 2018 12:08 am
"Ill give it a pick but I want half of the loot" Tulfgyr says with a chuckle
Jan 8, 2018 12:15 am

Rolls

Picking the box - (1D20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Jan 8, 2018 12:17 am
"Still got it" tulfgyr says turning his back so the others can't see his face
Jan 8, 2018 3:24 am
Handling the small kit of lockpicks brings Father Tulfgyr back to the days of his rather unscrupulous childhood, before he had a proper beard or proper manners. His wrinkled fingers are no longer as nimble as they once were, but after a few moments of effort the lock pops open with a satisfying *snick*. Set into the bottom of the small chest is a pad of soft leather, protecting an impressive array of cut gemstones of various sizes. Whether this small trove is from the caravan or from some other plundered traveler is impossible to say.
OOC:
In all there 10 gemstones, worth 50 gold each. I don't know enough about gemstones to say what kinds they might be, but at least one of them is a diamond.
Jan 8, 2018 3:26 am
Meanwhile, Ug's search for a means of transporting the goods is in vain. The orcs appear to have manhandled the boxes to get them here, and trying to carry them again in such a manner back to Easthaven could prove risky.
Jan 8, 2018 5:26 pm
Zenithral raises an eyebrow at Tulfgyr, but drops the expression and smiles when Tulfgyr turns. "Excellent work, my good man!," he says to him. "Say, that looks like a diamond in there! Those are particularly useful for channeling arcane energy. I would very much like to have that one, if you all don't mind." He snaps his fingers and a spectral hand of force appears in the chest and tosses the diamond to Zenithral. He catches it, examines it, and nods in satisfaction, not really considering it mind have been part of the trading goods. "Assuming we're splitting these evenly, you can have whatever other gem would be mine, Tulfgyr," he says waving a dismissive hand.
Last edited January 8, 2018 5:31 pm
Jan 8, 2018 5:53 pm
Alalla watches the barbarians go with visible relief. The whimpering of the orc cook pulls the seriousness back to it quickly, however. As the others ponder the goods and gems, Alalla uses the butt of her glaive to knock the bound creature unconscious, then readies her blade for the killing blow.
OOC:
Al's just gonna headsmans chop execute the dude unless anyone objects.
Jan 8, 2018 7:03 pm
Zenithral turns away from Alalla and the orc chef and has another meal of dried meat and cold water. As he eats, he pulls out a worn, tattered book that looks like someone didn't care much about keeping it in one piece.

So I haven't been practicing or studying... he thinks, ruffling through the pages. I only missed once...twice? Thrice...and couldn't even hold off the ogre, of all things, with a Banishing Arrow...and lost my arcane focus...but nobody died! So that's good, right? He sighs and continues studying the manual. Eventually he takes the diamond in one hand and begins casting a ritual.
Jan 8, 2018 8:35 pm
Torn between dispatching the insult of a cook or keeping him prisoner, Ug holds a calm hand up to dissuade Al, for now. He crouches next to the unconscious orc to search it first, buying time but also searching for any evidence that might persuade the team either either way.
Last edited January 8, 2018 8:39 pm

Rolls

Searching unconscious cook - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Jan 8, 2018 8:57 pm
Al pauses, then leans on her glaive like a staff as she watches Ug search the orc, concern creasing her face.
Jan 8, 2018 11:51 pm
On the cook's person Ug finds a crumpled note written in Orcish and a necklace with curious strips of leather dangling from it... they appear to be severed ears.
Jan 9, 2018 12:06 am
Alalla takes the note from Ug and looks it over.
Jan 9, 2018 1:53 am
The letter reads...

Guntor,

Luthic be praised, I always knew you could do it! My son, in a raiding party. You had us all worried that night you said you would rather be a cook. Well, you came to your senses! Remember to always keep close the necklace I made for you, and the Cave Mother will keep you healthy and strong until we meet again - though where and when that may be, who knows? They say Uligar plans to move the clan soon. It's about time. Good luck, my boy!

With pride,
Mama
OOC:
Tulfgyr would recognize 'Luthic, the Cave Mother' as Gruumsh's wife, the orc goddess of maternity.
Jan 9, 2018 2:34 am
Ug kneels quietly next to the ork, head bowed.

Mama

He hums a short silent mothers lullaby As He reverently tucks the necklace back into the orcs clothes. He then wipes a Goliath tear from his eye and walks out of the cavern and ends standing outside the entrance with the winter chill swirling around him for company.
Last edited January 9, 2018 2:34 am
Jan 9, 2018 2:34 am
slapping Guntor awake Tulfgyr stares menacingly into his eyes the way only an old priest can "Guntor will you tell me where your clan is if I spare you?" Father Tulfgyr says threateningly probing Guntor in the harsh tongue of the orcs with a heavy many-arrows accent.
OOC:
Father Tulfgyr is seeing if Guntor will betray his people to judge his character not to find the clan
Last edited January 9, 2018 3:10 am

Rolls

probe-deception - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Jan 9, 2018 4:56 pm
Guntor glares up into Father Tulfgyr's eyes and spits a wad of bloody mucus into his face and beard. "I will never speak with a filthy dwarf!"
Jan 9, 2018 6:06 pm
Alalla watches with a flat look, fingering a bead on one of her dreads. "Better to be done with him." She tells the dwarf. "He doesn't have anything we want, and only survivors are just loose ends. Often the nasty kind, that come back to bite you when you least expect it."
Jan 9, 2018 6:49 pm
Ug walks back in from the cold shaking his head at the dwarf. "you want see what orc cares bigger for? you speak for me" he then turns towards the orc and leans down. "your god gruumph is stupid ugly face". He pauses for the dwarf to translate waiting for a reaction. Then with what appears to be extremely difficult and painful for ug to say "and your mother is goblin poop". He braces for reaction.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.