Group chat

load previous
Aug 26, 2015 3:13 pm
Actually - the DC is 10 so you made it up a little way. Arashi is blocking the way though! +6 also means it is impossible to fall backwards except by others falling on top of you. Even if you roll a 1
Aug 26, 2015 3:35 pm
Biscuitfiend says:
...it is impossible to fall backwards except by others falling on top of you...
Let's have none of that. LOL! How wide is this chimney?
Aug 26, 2015 4:21 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Biscuitfiend says:
...it is impossible to fall backwards except by others falling on top of you...
Let's have none of that. LOL! How wide is this chimney?
Just enough for one small or medium creature to ascend - around 2-3 ft at the very top

Anyway, the dice will decide your fate. Sometimes they are kind...
Aug 27, 2015 3:31 pm
So, this is my first time in a PbP game. Now that initiative has been determined, what do we need to do? I guess we take turns in initiative order and go one at a time?
Aug 27, 2015 3:45 pm
I run my games basically by the book. You can post ahead of time with your intended actions, attack rolls and so on and I will 'execute' your posts when I come to you in the IN order. You can even post a turn or two ahead. You can also change your decided action last minute.

Most times I've run combat on here, it runs fine without any stalls (at least no more than non-combat play).
Aug 28, 2015 12:48 pm
I suddenly feel pretty stupid for not taking "spare the dying" cantrip.
Aug 28, 2015 12:57 pm
Spectralelegy says:
I suddenly feel pretty stupid for not taking "spare the dying" cantrip.
How about Spare the Batshit Crazy? Because that's what Arashi is! :-D
Aug 30, 2015 8:36 pm
What's your dm policy on using the shield to attack?

Seems like they took any references to the shield as an offensive weapon out of the PHB. Can I use it to attack? Does it count as a light weapon so that I can make an attack using my bonus action? What kind of damage would it do?
Aug 30, 2015 9:23 pm
See the shield master feat. Otherwise, same as unarmed strike, and you can push/shove/dodge as normal using your action. Mechanically you need the feat for interesting stuff
Aug 30, 2015 9:28 pm
Okay, I'll make my post in a minute.

EDIT: I guess if I ever get disarmed I could always use it as an improvised weapon...?
Last edited August 30, 2015 10:13 pm
Aug 30, 2015 10:28 pm
Woof... Ice rolled 8 d20s so far; only 2 have been 10 or higher. I'm bobs to hit something soon.
Aug 31, 2015 1:36 pm
If I dash on my turn, does that use up my other non-movement action?
Aug 31, 2015 1:49 pm
Yeah. Each turn you can move & act. If you dash (move twice your normal movement speed) you are substituting your action for a second movement. Move + act becomes move + move.

You could still theoretically use a bonus action if you have something that fits that category, but nothing that's a standard action.
Aug 31, 2015 1:56 pm
I was going to use a cantrip as I ran toward the rock chimney thing again to give Shane a hand, but I think that the guidance cantrip takes 1 full action. Drat.
Aug 31, 2015 2:03 pm
If Shane also doesn't make it up this turn, it's probably a good idea to take two turns to climb the rubble (while giving Shane a boost). Rolling at disadvantage is tricky without a big boost. It might take two turns, but the odds are a lot higher that you'll both be up by that point... but if you keep trying to dash, it might take longer that two. :)
Aug 31, 2015 2:05 pm
Yeah, I've basically decided the same thing, but I was hoping it'd be worth it this time...dang my gambler's intuition. Was also thinking about how Egan would've played it...which is to say...he's committed and set in his intent, but embarrassment might be enough to shake him out of that one.
Aug 31, 2015 2:08 pm
Roleplaying is always an acceptable reason. Ha... he can always save face by pretending he's staying behind to help the little guy. ;-)
Aug 31, 2015 2:08 pm
Exactly my thoughts! lol!
Aug 31, 2015 10:57 pm
This climb will be the death of Shane...
Aug 31, 2015 10:58 pm
I think it might be time...to...throw the halfling. How do I throw the halfling up this stupid thing?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.