Welcome/game help/general chat

load previous
Oct 6, 2015 4:35 am
harlandski says:
Putting his sword away, Anrin looks around for something which could be used as a battering ram.
Kaxaon could be used as a battering ram but he's downstairs with Spugnoir :-D
Oct 6, 2015 11:39 am
Sorry I'm a bit confused about who is where. I went back and re-read page 10 of the game thread, and found this:
Biscuitfiend says:
Matthias spots a doorless opening to the right of the west corridor, stairs evidently leading down to some kind or larder. In the corridor, there are splintered wooden doors, all barely shut properly. Two to the left, one to the right, and double doors ahead. He hears shuffling from one of the rooms, but it's too hard to figure out where.
So Anrin is in front of some double doors at the far side of the big hall we first came into, but Kaxaon and Spugnior are down the larder steps. Am I right? Can either location be seen on the maps? Sorry if this is really obvious...
Last edited October 6, 2015 11:39 am
Oct 7, 2015 9:43 am
Sorted - I think I'll start posting the maps in the game thread too :)
Oct 7, 2015 3:48 pm
Never fear, Anrin and Matthias are on their way!
Oct 9, 2015 2:25 pm
Whoops! I guess Grumble forgot to renew the light on his staff!
Oct 12, 2015 12:28 am
Since I don't have my lit staff at hand - not sure why I don't - I'm considering casting light on a crossbow bolt and firing it at a half-seen rat. Would that be 1 turn, or 2 turns worth of actions?
Oct 12, 2015 9:27 am
2 actions = 2 turns. The arrow may bounce but should fill the room with light
Oct 12, 2015 7:18 pm
Hey, anybody else with a range weapon want to come up behind Darf and try to shoot? We should keep going in a line all the way back up the stairs, until one of us gets shot in the back!

I kid, I kid. But each arrow whistling past makes Grumble cringe, given his narrow miss of Kaxaon in the first round.
Oct 13, 2015 8:00 am
Biscuitfiend says:
Anrin (15, approaching)
So I suppose Anrin can't directly help till next round? Or indeed see to advise Kaxaon to get out of the way so we can all have a stab :-D
Oct 13, 2015 9:00 am
Kaxaon is not going to want to move from the doorway. Moving into the room would be foolish as anyone doing so would get surrounded. Moving back would be pointless unless it's to close the door if that's possible. Looks to me like two people can stand at the doorway to fight.

Kaxaon sees the doorway as a bottleneck and he's the cork preventing the rats from spilling out. He will simply ignore "Get out of the way of my crossbow!" He might oblige if it's "Get out of the way of this fireball!" or a suggestion of "Quick, close the door! There's too many of those vermin!"
Last edited October 13, 2015 1:52 pm
Oct 13, 2015 1:30 pm
Anrin may assist now - he joined combat last round and so is near to the stairs. The door is only 5ft wide - the cellar image exaggerates a bit!
Oct 15, 2015 8:33 am
Haha I think that, despite raging, Kaxain will find Anrin's argument compelling! However, he's way at the bottom of the initiative order.
Oct 18, 2015 3:10 pm
Are we waiting on rats or is it Kaxaon's turn?
Oct 18, 2015 4:07 pm
My understanding is that it's the rats' turn. At any rate, Kaxaon doesn't go until Matthias has had a go.
Oct 18, 2015 9:01 pm
Waiting for darf. Many of the rats essentially skip their go!
Oct 19, 2015 6:26 am
Ah, my mistake; Matthias' last post was the initiative for this round; presumably Naat wants Matthias to act this round, too (though what he can do with Darf and Grumble blocking the stairs is anybody's guess).
Oct 19, 2015 2:42 pm
Don't forget that you can pass through a friendly character's space and even attack from it (at disadvantage) although it's better to avoid remaining there afterwards. You could also shoot from the area above without incurring much of a risk of hitting team mates, assuming you are directly above kaxaon
Oct 19, 2015 3:27 pm
Yeah, Kaxaon is toast! :-D
Oct 19, 2015 3:36 pm
Level 1 characters are so squishy, I love it
Oct 19, 2015 6:42 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
Quick question: how many attacks of opportunity would I provoke by Grumble running far enough into the room to cast Thunderwave and NOT hit Kaxaon? (15' range)
RAW: Thunderwave is not centered on you, you are on one of the faces of the cube, so you could stand in Kaxaon's square without destroying him with the spell.

This is my source, as well as the description of cube spells in the spellcasting rules on Pg 204 of the PHB:
Quote:
You select a cube’s point of origin, which lies anywhere on a face of the cubic effect. The cube’s size is expressed as the length of each side. A cube’s point of origin is not included in the cube’s area of effect, unless you decide otherwise.
Not sure if that answers your question at all, but I enjoy talking about rules (and helping people with them)
Last edited October 19, 2015 6:49 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.