The Temple of Elemental Evil game thread

load previous
Oct 26, 2015 5:04 am
"How about that courtyard on the way in? Some rest would do us all good. What do you think?" Grumble adds, directing that last to Spugnoir. Surely he can see how much Kaxaon needs to recover!
Oct 26, 2015 4:13 pm
"You think we can rest here?! There could be bandits, mages, bears, what else!? I have a room waiting at the welcome wench! But I do suppose you need to pause for a while. You certainly lose yourself to rage in combat, ka...Kaxon?"

(Agree on a place to rest - bearing in mind it might be uncomfortable without a bedroll!)
Oct 26, 2015 6:29 pm
"I think it best that we head back to the Welcome Wench, it is only a couple of hours away after all," Matthias says, agreeing with Spugnoir.
Oct 27, 2015 5:14 am
Anrin cannot contribute to the discussion, considering he is (once again!) unconscious, but his battered body certainly looks like it could do with a rest in a warm inn, away from assorted lethal vermin!
Oct 27, 2015 6:12 am
Kaxaon coughs, spitting blood, can only nod. He is still unsteady on his feet, supporting himself against a wall. He points at Anrin, "He...*gasp*...alright?"
Last edited October 27, 2015 10:24 am
Oct 27, 2015 10:17 am
Elmo agrees, and picks up Anrin carefully in his arms.

"We should get this one checked over. That bite went right through his armour..."

Turuko looks displeased. But he continues, along with Kobort, to follow the group.

Abandoning the moathouse, the group walks back to Hommlet, somewhat defeated.

About half a mile from the village is a small wooded area that nears the road (150ft). You spot four yellowish-caped figures leave the forest whilst you walk past, jogging to meet you. One of them has a hand raised in greeting.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Oct 27, 2015 5:28 pm
Grumble has accompanied the others, delighted for the company even if he doesn't understand why they would want a bed when the soft loam of the forest beckons.

Grumble eyes the new arrivals curiously, crossbow in one hand, staff in the other (he uses the staff for walking, and the crossbow is in case he spies any game). Yellow capes!, he thinks, How odd! Is that an example of this 'fashion' thing that city people yammer about?

Rolls

Perception (to see any interesting details of these guys) - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Insight (to sense their intentions) - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Oct 27, 2015 5:38 pm
On his guard after the trouble they've had so far Matthias stays quiet, trying to see anything that might give him a clue what these men might be about, and keeping a close eye for any weapon they may have.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Insight - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Oct 27, 2015 9:07 pm
Kaxaon stumbles along. He grabs Spugnoir's arm, bloodying the man's sleeve. "Hey. Be careful. If there's trouble I'll be no good for fighting."
Oct 29, 2015 5:10 pm
Grumble notices that the men are smiling, and wonders what this could mean. Then again, their faced are mostly covered.

Beneath their ochre robes, some weapons can be seen. Scabbards containing daggers or swords tap against their clothing as they jostle. Deep burgundy marks are painted or sewn into the robes. They continue their approach.

Spugnoir looks almost frozen in fear. "Who...are these folk? Seem familiar..."

Elmo, looking strong, runs to the front of the group.

"Watch out. These are cultists! Do not threaten them! We may need to flee and regroup at Hommlet"
Oct 30, 2015 3:19 am
"Cultists? What sort of cultists? Is it...an evil cult?" Grumble says, with a gleam in his eye. Destiny calls...

Rolls

Initiative (in case it's needed) - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Oct 30, 2015 3:32 am
"Stop there, we have no qualms with you and as you can see, we have injured and can't stop to chat, so please be on your way and we will be on ours." Matthias calls out, preparing to defend himself if they get too close.
Last edited October 30, 2015 3:45 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Oct 31, 2015 4:22 pm
Grumble looks at his group: Elmo (carrying Anrin), Matthias, Spugnoir, Kaxaon, Turuko, Kobort, and himself. Seven, against four men in yellow. Surely they couldn't mean us harm - even evil isn't stupid, to fight such odds?

But then the hermit considers his group again: three of us are clearly not fighters, Kaxaon is at the end of his strength, and Elmo carries an incapacitated friend...which just leaves Turuko and Kobort as seemingly able defenders. On the other hand, maybe that doesn't seem like bad odds to them. Oh, evil...
Last edited October 31, 2015 4:23 pm
Nov 21, 2015 11:24 am
As the figures approach, you realise that beneath the ochre hoods are the faces of four women not three decades in age. Their faces look clean but two are lightly scarred on the cheek.

"Greetings. We are an envoy of Lareth, Lord of Shadows. We are not evil, but our goals are not charity. Join our struggle against oppression and exploitation, and the powers of life shall be with you. Spurn us, and regret may be yours in times ahead when your false freedoms may be overcome. Speak freely and pray tell if you will meet with Lareth, our kindly leader."
Nov 21, 2015 6:17 pm
Grumble looks uneasily at the girls with scarred faces. These don't seem to be evil, at least not overtly so. But the group is in no condition to go swanning off with strange women. "Certainly, but my friends and I need food and rest before we would be presentable to someone in so exalted a position. Where would we go to meet your kind leader once we have prepared ourselves?"
Nov 21, 2015 6:21 pm
Matthias looks at the warily, in no trusting mood, "Who's oppressing and exploiting you and what are your methods of fighting back?"
Nov 22, 2015 1:18 am
Glad the game's started again, but Anrin's only action for now is being unconscious...
Nov 22, 2015 11:32 am
"We are not at liberty to speak too freely in this open space. But need I mention the plague of the Red Death, which was sent to us to kill us by those who say they exist to protect us. I would urge you to come immediately, for this opportunity is unlikely to come to you again. We can revive your friend and make your fires burn brighter for the journey ahead, and Lareth too is a great healer and also greatly generous with supplies and food. I beckon you, return with us now to a meeting point not an hour up the road. Or, if you make a choice to depart from us, face regret along with those who prefer to wallow in sweet ignorance"

(The Flaeness has been ravaged by this mysterious disease in recent years, and started several years ago)
Nov 22, 2015 11:34 am
Now that the strangers have declared themselves as on-threats, Kaxaon hobbles along, too wounded to care any further. He does pause and wait to see what Spugnoir will do.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.