A Time to Harvest - Chapter Four

load previous
Mar 10, 2018 1:38 am
Clive comes walking in...Mathis, any idea of a good place in town to start with gathering the information? he asks as he shows the map.
Mar 10, 2018 8:10 am
Well it looks like the party's moving in here. Look I'm finished up here anyway, let's go back to the others.
Mar 13, 2018 7:58 am
With the matter of watches sorted, everyone drifts off to bed. Sam instructs those watching that if any alarms are triggered he should be the first to be woken up.

Bill 11pm-1am
Eugene 1-3am
Sam 3-5am
Mathis 5-7am
Mar 13, 2018 12:18 pm
Mathis gets his sleep then reports for watch.
Mar 13, 2018 5:10 pm
Bill tries to find any books in this place that will help him pass his watch? He looks out the window every once in a while.
Mar 14, 2018 11:01 pm
Bill finds a well thumbed copy of the Great Gatsby that he settles down to read during his watch.
Mar 14, 2018 11:05 pm
Despite some apprehension, everyone gets a good night of restful sleep. In the morning, while breakfast is being made Sam goes outside to check the traps. He soon returns and calls the group to come outside and see what he has discovered.

About sixty feet from the rear of the building , a bear trap has been sprung. The trap is covered in a sickly, foul smelling yellowish-green goo. It's clear that something triggered the trap as the dirt all around has been disturbed.
Mar 14, 2018 11:48 pm
"Huh. Looks interesting. Doctor Matherson, I wonder if we could perform some experiments in here to learn more about this liquid." Being in presence of his superior Eugene is reluctant to take such action himself.
Mar 15, 2018 1:18 am
My guess would be moon beasts blood, but that's just a hunch.
Mar 15, 2018 3:06 am
Bill starts walking about seeing if there is a bloody trail? He will start following the trail if he finds one.

Rolls

Spot Hidden (31) - (1d100)

(47) = 47

Track (10) - (1d100)

(17) = 17

Mar 15, 2018 3:19 am
Mathis will help track.

Rolls

Track(45) - (1d100)

(35) = 35

Mar 15, 2018 7:42 am
Matherson takes a sample of the slime for analysis.

"If I were to speculate, this resembles the material left behind when a Mi-go dies though this is not enough for a whole creature."

Mathis and Bill search for tracks but find nothing leading to or from the trap. Mathis does find a compressed patch of grass, suggesting something landed from the sky, supporting the theory that a Mi-Go was here.
Mar 16, 2018 6:52 pm
"Look at this, it appears something landed hear from flight. I agree with the doc, this was a Mi-go. Which means they likely know we are here. We may need to increase the watch."
Mar 16, 2018 11:12 pm
"I still have some setting up to do with the lab but I'll spend today analyzing this to give a definitive answer."
Mar 16, 2018 11:15 pm
"I'll stay here too. I need to give a radio report and tinker with the truck. It didn't sound right on the drive up here."
Mar 16, 2018 11:17 pm
"Great. Me and Prof Drake will hike into the hills and look for signs of the mi-go. What are the rest of you planning to do?"
Mar 17, 2018 2:59 am
Clive looks around. I guess some of us should go into town and see what we can find out. He looks at Sam and Mathis Whatever sprung the trap was at least smart...or quick enough to not be killed by it. Do we need to do anything beyond what has been set up?
Mar 17, 2018 6:41 am
"Doctor Matherson, do you need me to help you with the lab, or should I go with the others?"
Mar 17, 2018 10:01 am
"I think there are enough traps. They've certainly worked effectively. Do what you need to do in town and if any of you want to come to the hills with us, you'd be welcome."
Mar 17, 2018 10:02 am
"I could certainly use your talents Eugene, but don't feel you need to stay if you'd like to get out and see the town."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.