Pathfinder Second Edition

load previous
Jun 12, 2018 12:33 am
The rage mechanic changes are certainly interesting. I'll have to look again (unless they just haven't given it out yet) about fatigue and its impact. Depending on how that goes, every 4th round of being fatigued could be brutal in the midst of combat. If everything is keyed/balanced off assuming a barbarian can be raging, I can see that being a kind of sucky round.

The totem bit is really cool, and I really like the implications that certain totems provide ridiculously cool things (what was that about somehow a barbarian being the primary healer in a group!?).
Jun 18, 2018 3:52 pm
Conditions

Drama, this specifically goes over the Fatigued condition :)
Aug 4, 2018 4:54 pm
Linus says:
http://paizo.com/PathfinderPlaytest

Personally, I think 3.5 belongs in the past and PF with it. I've never been a huge fan even though it's so hugely popular in my in-person group. The rules are just too complex and convoluted. I know they are trying to simplify, but PF 2E is not likely to change my opinion much.
I just had to revisit this post by me after having read through a good bit of the material. Boy was I wrong. The system for skills has changed my mind for sure. :D
Aug 4, 2018 5:40 pm
Linus says:
Linus says:
http://paizo.com/PathfinderPlaytest

Personally, I think 3.5 belongs in the past and PF with it. I've never been a huge fan even though it's so hugely popular in my in-person group. The rules are just too complex and convoluted. I know they are trying to simplify, but PF 2E is not likely to change my opinion much.
I just had to revisit this post by me after having read through a good bit of the material. Boy was I wrong. The system for skills has changed my mind for sure. :D
I was already excited for it to begin with, but I'm even more excited now that I can see how everything works together!
Sep 14, 2018 4:32 pm
Does anyone want to run Doomsday Dawn on here? I would be very interested to play!!! I'm loving the playtest content that I have read so far!

Things I love:
- Simplicity that was missing in Pathfinder 1st edition
- Character Customization that was missing in D&D 5th edition
- Golarion (I love Paizo's campaign setting)
- Feats at each level, associated with each component of the character's makeup
- System for encumbrance is simple

I have already built a couple of level 1 characters for the system.
Last edited September 14, 2018 4:33 pm
Sep 14, 2018 4:44 pm
I know that there are a couple games of Doomsday Dawn running on here already. I really hope that you can get someone to start another game of it, though. I want to see as many people as possible get into the playtest so that the product can be great :)

I have to say that I 100% agree with you on all of your reasons for loving the game. One thing that you didn't mention that tops the list: Action Economy. The three action system works very well in theory and in practice and I look forward to spending a lot of time with it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.