Character Creation

load previous
Mar 22, 2018 7:31 pm
@lenpelletier: That sounds like a really cool idea; Can't wait to see what your team ends up as!

For money purposes, you will only get to keep what your background gets you, but I will allow you to roll gold to purchase starting equipment:

Warrior: 2d6 x 10
Expert: 2d4 x 10
Adept: 2d4 x10

I usually avoid swingy dice rolls for character creation stuff, but it really seems to fit the concept here
Mar 22, 2018 7:40 pm
Out of curiosity, why the increase for warrior? Is it to possibly account for buying a martial weapon or medium armor?

Rolls

Gold (x10) - (2d6)

(46) = 10

Mar 22, 2018 7:50 pm
CancerMan says:
Out of curiosity, why the increase for warrior? Is it to possibly account for buying a martial weapon or medium armor?
100% correct. Warriors are more reliant on equipment to perform their primary role, so I find it appropriate.

Great roll, by the way!
Mar 22, 2018 8:26 pm
In coming up with a general reason for why a young goliath would tack on to a rag-tag mob of wanna-be adventurers, I'm thinking Krogir-Vaam owes a Chewbacca-like life debt to someone. Possibly the Ghostwise Halfling, but no reason it can't be anyone in the group.

Whoever it might be, I have a third language option to choose, and I'd like to pick the one Krogir-Vaam's savior knows.
Mar 22, 2018 8:59 pm
Money?

Woo 70 gold!
Last edited March 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Rolls

Goldx10 - (2d4)

(43) = 7

Len

Mar 23, 2018 2:10 am
CancerMan, my Ghostwise Halfling is probably going to have escaped from slavers, maybe she broke you out too? Slipped her bonds on account of her diminutive size and came back for Krogir-Vaam. I'm picturing this relationship more like Rocket Racoon & Groot than a Chewie & Han. I'm not even sure what that means now that I've typed it but we can work out the dynamics as we go. She will know Halfling and common for languages.

Len

Mar 23, 2018 2:11 am
Love that DM shield Naat.

Rolls

Gold x10 - (2d6)

(25) = 7

Mar 23, 2018 2:29 am
Escape from slavers works for me, too. Is it possible for Krogir-Vaam to know Halfling?
Mar 23, 2018 2:39 am
CancerMan says:
Escape from slavers works for me, too. Is it possible for Krogir-Vaam to know Halfling?
The book states that halflings are loathe to share their language, not that they can't. I'm cool with it!
Mar 23, 2018 2:39 am
lenpelletier says:
Love that DM shield Naat.
Thanks!

Len

Mar 23, 2018 2:50 am
Naatkinson says:
CancerMan says:
The book states that halflings are loathe to share their language, not that they can't. I'm cool with it!
Didn't know that piece of lore. Well, perhaps he picked it up on account of my character constantly muttering telepathically. If anyone asks, I'll vouch for you that you're actually a really big halfling.
Mar 23, 2018 3:09 am
Yeah, that's why I had asked. I meant more if my goliath would have been taught some of it.
Mar 23, 2018 3:17 am
CancerMan says:
Yeah, that's why I had asked. I meant more if my goliath would have been taught some of it.
I'll leave it to your halfling companion to decide if he taught it to you

Len

Mar 24, 2018 5:31 am
Naatkinson says:
CancerMan says:
I'll leave it to your halfling companion to decide if he taught it to you
Yes, she taught you.

Len

Mar 24, 2018 5:36 am
Submitted Seraphina Hollysharp, ghostwise halfling warrior! Went 1 sp above, can somebody can spot me? Also, can Kogir-Vaam carry my 5 lbs. woodcarver tools? It brings me over encumbrance on account of her chair shirt.
[ +- ] Seraphina
Last edited March 24, 2018 5:39 am

Len

Mar 24, 2018 5:37 am
Naat, are we using the stuff on tool proficiencies from Xanathar's Guide? Also, is proficiency currently 1?
Mar 24, 2018 5:41 am
lenpelletier says:
Naat, are we using the stuff on tool proficiencies from Xanathar's Guide? Also, is proficiency currently 1?
Proficiency will start at 2. I don't see any issues with using the tools as presented in Xanathar's

Len

Mar 24, 2018 5:44 am
Newfound appreciation for the sling! Can use a shield and still be ranged. Never really considered it before.
Mar 24, 2018 7:14 am
Krogir-Vaam can definitely carry additional load, thanks to his goliath build. And I'll spot you the coin.
Mar 24, 2018 11:06 am
Added a money roll (Expert) to this post.

Does a variant human still start (at Level 0) with a feat?
Last edited March 24, 2018 11:10 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.