Character Creation

load previous
Mar 24, 2018 12:37 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Added a money roll (Expert) to this post.

Does a variant human still start (at Level 0) with a feat?
You get all racial benefits, including the feat!
Mar 24, 2018 1:50 pm
In terms of the money, when we level to our level 1 characters, will we be getting the class equipment or need to purchase that kind of stuff as well (lookin' at you spellbook).
Mar 24, 2018 1:58 pm
Dramasailor says:
In terms of the money, when we level to our level 1 characters, will we be getting the class equipment or need to purchase that kind of stuff as well (lookin' at you spellbook).
You'll have to find it, buy it, or have someone gift it to you
Mar 24, 2018 2:04 pm
I may just bite the bullet and have him buy a spellbook to start then. More of his "notebook" of studies with Horatio.
Mar 24, 2018 3:13 pm
Dramasailor says:
I may just bite the bullet and have him buy a spellbook to start then. More of his "notebook" of studies with Horatio.
Well, generally a wizard gives his apprentice a spellbook when he graduates ;-)
Mar 24, 2018 3:47 pm
Well then nevermind! :) We'll find out if Horatio is a kindly old wizard. Or perhaps he keels over dead and I steal his. Mwahahaha

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/mr-burns-quotes-the-simpsons.jpg?quality=95&w=650

Len

Mar 24, 2018 4:26 pm
CancerMan says:
Krogir-Vaam can definitely carry additional load, thanks to his goliath build. And I'll spot you the coin.
Thanks!
Mar 24, 2018 5:02 pm
Hopefully this won't bite me later, but I opted to get Hide armor and save my money until I can eventually get access to Heavy Armor, so I have over 60 gold remaining.

Len

Mar 24, 2018 10:57 pm
Haha, I went for a chain shirt even though I'll probably switch to studded leather down the road. It's not a big difference, but I figure every little bit helps when you're starting at level 0, and having 16 AC as a primarily ranged attacker feels like a good advantage to eke out of the situation. She's got a shortsword to go melee when plan A fails.

I don't know if gold will come slowly or not, but I'll be happy to repay my silver whenever we get paid. In addition, I can't see much in the way of equipment that Seraphina will need for awhile, so I'd be happy to help you work towards that chainmail or splint you have your eyes on.
Last edited March 24, 2018 10:59 pm
Mar 25, 2018 1:05 am
CancerMan says:
Hopefully this won't bite me later, but I opted to get Hide armor and save my money until I can eventually get access to Heavy Armor, so I have over 60 gold remaining.
Well, Stone's Endurance should assist you in surviving a bit, I think!
lenpelletier says:
Haha, I went for a chain shirt even though I'll probably switch to studded leather down the road. It's not a big difference, but I figure every little bit helps when you're starting at level 0, and having 16 AC as a primarily ranged attacker feels like a good advantage to eke out of the situation. She's got a shortsword to go melee when plan A fails.

I don't know if gold will come slowly or not, but I'll be happy to repay my silver whenever we get paid. In addition, I can't see much in the way of equipment that Seraphina will need for awhile, so I'd be happy to help you work towards that chainmail or splint you have your eyes on.
I don't plan on having a huge abundance of wealth laying around. You'll have to earn every scrap that you get! It's ok, though, because you'll be much stronger than a standard character by the end if you make it!
Mar 25, 2018 3:12 am
Yeah, I had to really think about getting the best armor at level 0, or wait until I become proficient in Heavy Armor to buy Ring Mail or Chain. In the end I opted for the latter.

Len

Mar 25, 2018 3:56 am
Maybe during level zero Seraphina should do the tanking while you javelin from the back.

Edit: oh wait, forgot about stone's endurance. Well we can switch up the tanking after you use it.
Last edited March 25, 2018 3:57 am
May 29, 2018 8:08 pm
Ok, so some clarification on the gaining a level and such.

Feldty is going Wizard, which stipulates that he gets a spellbook with spells and such in it, as well as cantrips that he knows. Given that he already has two cantrips, how does getting level 1 go:

1. He gets three cantrips as per the book, 2 of them are the ones he already knows, so he adds 1 more to his list.
2. He gets four cantrips (3 from level 1 wizard, +1 for being a level 0 adept), 2 of them are the ones he already knows, so he adds 2 more to the list.
3. He gets five cantrips (3 from level 1 wizard, +2 from being a level 0 adept), he has the two that he knows, plus the three he learns as a level 1 wizard.
4. He gets SIX bleedin' cantrips (3 from level 1 wizard, 2 that he knew as an adept, plus the bonus 1 from starting at level 0)

I'm OK with all options, just not sure how it was meant to be in your head Naat. :)
May 29, 2018 8:14 pm
Dramasailor says:
Ok, so some clarification on the gaining a level and such.

Feldty is going Wizard, which stipulates that he gets a spellbook with spells and such in it, as well as cantrips that he knows. Given that he already has two cantrips, how does getting level 1 go:

1. He gets three cantrips as per the book, 2 of them are the ones he already knows, so he adds 1 more to his list.
2. He gets four cantrips (3 from level 1 wizard, +1 for being a level 0 adept), 2 of them are the ones he already knows, so he adds 2 more to the list.
3. He gets five cantrips (3 from level 1 wizard, +2 from being a level 0 adept), he has the two that he knows, plus the three he learns as a level 1 wizard.
4. He gets SIX bleedin' cantrips (3 from level 1 wizard, 2 that he knew as an adept, plus the bonus 1 from starting at level 0)

I'm OK with all options, just not sure how it was meant to be in your head Naat. :)
It'll be option 1, he ends up having one cantrip over the standard limit :)
May 30, 2018 2:05 am
Over the standard limit of what? Wizards start with 3 cantrips, so it would have to be option 2 in order to end up with an extra cantrip.

Or is it over the standard limit of the adept level 0 class (that has 2 cantrips)?
May 30, 2018 2:17 am
Dramasailor says:
Over the standard limit of what? Wizards start with 3 cantrips, so it would have to be option 2 in order to end up with an extra cantrip.

Or is it over the standard limit of the adept level 0 class (that has 2 cantrips)?
Wow. I failed hard. I hit 1 when I meant option 2. You will end up with four cantrips!
May 30, 2018 1:04 pm
Ahaha, all good. I'll finish leveling him to level 1 wizard this afternoon.
Jun 3, 2018 12:56 am
Alright, so I was a teensy bit delayed. :) Englefeldt is leveled up to Level 1. Are we wanting to RP his obtaining his spell book and all that or how do we want to handle that silliness? ;)
Nov 30, 2018 1:53 pm
Leveling up Feldty
+1 WIS
+4 HP (Average for 1d6)
Arcane Tradition: Evocation
Evocation Savant
Beginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy an evocation spell into your spellbook is halved.

Sculpt Spells
Beginning at 2nd level, you can create pockets of relative safety within the effects of your evocation spells. When you cast an evocation spell that affects other creatures that you can see, you can choose a number of them equal to 1 + the spell’s level. The chosen creatures automatically succeed on their saving throws against the spell, and they take no damage if they would normally take half damage on a successful save.

New Spells: Burning Hands, Detect Magic
Nov 30, 2018 5:42 pm
KV took average HP and is now at 26. Thanks to carrying Briela, he gains +1 STR to make it 13 and is no longer slowed down from heavy armor. Gains Action Surge.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.