Chapter 2, Day 12

load previous
Apr 28, 2018 5:01 pm
"You've discovered my secret. I do have a bow! I can't believe you're the first to notice this!" Pawetha says, sarcastically. "The point is, whatever we throw at that tower guard, we have to be ready in case it's not enough."
May 1, 2018 12:45 am
I circle further away from where the rest of the group is and find a nice looking dead tree to set on fire. I dump some oil on it for good measure. Once I'm satisfied it'll look vaguely smokey, I head back to the group.

Rolls

Perception- a super flammable tree - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

May 3, 2018 7:24 pm
A tree to the west is set alight as Xara flexes her pyromancy skills. A few moments later there is motion atop the barricade. Then, the gate opens and three hobgoblins with short spears and medium armor featuring bold red hands crudely painted on the front step out. The three guards make their way down the road towards the rising smoke, and you.
May 3, 2018 7:34 pm
"And now there's a fire," says Pawetha. She readies her bow and gauges the distance to the tower guard.
May 3, 2018 8:31 pm
Ghunril ready's a normal spear not wanting to give away their position by using the Javelin of Lighting. Hobgoblins shouldn't be an issue, its the bigger baddies that will follow them out that will be the problem....

The fire might cause an issue with the elves if it gets out of hand.
May 3, 2018 8:41 pm
Pawetha says, "Good, maybe they can help fight these guys, since they set the fire."
May 4, 2018 12:17 am
OOC:
It's 200 feet to the tower from your position, the hobgoblins are now at 100 feet and soon to veer off the path towards the smoke. Still holding, or acting?
May 4, 2018 3:03 am
Staying hidden as best as I can, I make my way back to the group. "Alright, so now we attack?"

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+9)

(6) + 9 = 15

May 16, 2018 11:01 pm
Lets take out the one on top first then take these three out. I'll have to get closer if my spears will be needed though.
May 16, 2018 11:13 pm
"As much as I'd like it to be, my bow ain't going to reach that tower without some difficulty," says Pawetha. "What if we wait until it gets dark, then me, Boots, and Xara will try to sneak into a good spot to ambush the guard. Then the rest of you can follow up, and if Horns makes too much noise we'll be in a position to take out the tower before he can sound the alarm."
May 17, 2018 2:01 am
"We're waiting? But what about the fire? I thought it would be the perfect distraction..."
May 17, 2018 2:10 pm
If we take out the Hobgoblins now without being seen, we could watch for who else will come out of the blockade looking for them...
May 17, 2018 4:00 pm
"Fine," says Pawetha. "Then we'd better move fast." She readies her bow and tries to stealthily find a good firing position.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(13) + 6 = 19

May 17, 2018 4:30 pm
Ghunril nods and moves in the shadows besides Paws.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

May 17, 2018 9:09 pm
"Hold on. I just had the best idea ever. I’ll catch up to you later...wait for the signal. You’ll know." I circle back in the direction of the fire, staying hidden a hundred or so feet away from its light until I see the group move towards me/the fire.
Last edited May 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+9)

(11) + 9 = 20

May 18, 2018 1:33 am
You all, even Kaikas, manage to conceal yourselves from the hobgoblins. Xara darts into the marsh and even you lose sight of her. The hobgoblins, true to your expectation suddenly veer off the path and begin working their way through the marshland towards the rising plume of smoke.
May 18, 2018 2:58 am
I wait in whatever cover I can find, until I can see the group. I attempt to take note of how many there are.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

May 18, 2018 3:03 am
There are three, and they don't seem to have noticed you.
May 18, 2018 3:28 am
When they start to get close, I stumble out in front of them as if I'm injured and head straight towards them. "Help! Fire! Thank the gods you're here! Please... we need your help!"

Rolls

Performance? - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

May 25, 2018 2:10 pm
The hobgoblins halt for a moment. They look more confused than convinced.
OOC:
Your success of your roll allows you this brief moment of insight. They are about to attack you.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.