Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Oct 1, 2018 8:54 pm
You are able to determine that the smell is coming from behind the door that Habe did not take (to go up to the second floor) on the south wall.
Oct 1, 2018 11:22 pm
Shadow tries the door, giving a nervous glance at her companions as she does so.
Oct 1, 2018 11:34 pm
The door opens and reveals stairs leading downward... The smell is stronger within.
Oct 2, 2018 5:54 am
OOC:
How wide are the stairs? Can two walk abreast? I don't suppose Arktos can fit in here?
Oct 2, 2018 12:08 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
How wide are the stairs? Can two walk abreast? I don't suppose Arktos can fit in here?
OOC:
5 ft wide, so one at a time. Arktos can squeeze through if you want to bring him.
Oct 2, 2018 4:27 pm
Gongar draws his hammer and whip and descends the staircase with his companions.
Oct 2, 2018 6:50 pm
Urthask leads the way.
OOC:
Leaving Arktos.
Oct 4, 2018 1:12 am
As you descend the stairs, the smell becomes stronger. Reaching the bottom, the smell only gets stronger and you find yourselves in the cellar. In front of you is a large room with two tables in the center. On the nearest table is what appears to be a body under a sheet. It looks like an alchemist's lab down here, with a number of vials and other instruments scattered about. Beside the next table is a tall man in a blood-stained white jacket poking at a human corpse.

When you get to the bottom, he shouts, "Agh! You do-gooders must be here to stop me!" he says in a high-pitched voice, "Minions, attack!"

With that, zombies begin shuffling out of the room on the right.

Map
OOC:
Initiative order:
Necromancer
Party
Zombies
Oct 4, 2018 1:13 am
Round One: Necromancer
The man launches immediately into spell-casting. As he completes his spell, his form becomes very blurred and he's incredibly hard to see.
[ +- ] Enemies - AC/Touch/Flat-footed
OOC:
Your turn!
Oct 4, 2018 3:05 pm
OOC:
I really want Archie or Sal to head in first with a splash weapon then the rest of us can move in on the front line.
Oct 4, 2018 3:28 pm
OOC:
Urthask is about to charge but I can absolutely imagine the gnomes being much quicker on the draw than the big guys.
Oct 4, 2018 3:32 pm
Round One: Archie
Archie ducks out from behind Urthask and tosses a bomb at Z2. It strikes the zombie in the chest and explodes, sending waves of flame over the horde of zombies.
OOC:
Remaining: Urthask, Gongar, Shadow, Salzabar

Rolls

Bomb attack/Damage - (1d20+5, 2d6+3)

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

2d6+3 : (13) + 3 = 7

Oct 4, 2018 6:49 pm
OOC:
Given the room's layout, looks like I don't have enough space for a mechanical charge. Moving to AB10, Power Attack vs. Z1.
Urthask stomps into the room and begins carving a path through the zombies to get at the necromancer.
OOC:
Narratively, wanted to do an Overrun maneuver but those maneuver rules are convolutedas heck!

Rolls

+1 Bastard Sword Power Attack, damage - (1d20+7, 1d10+10)

1d20+7 : (16) + 7 = 23

1d10+10 : (3) + 10 = 13

Oct 5, 2018 1:49 pm
Gongar swiftly follows the big half-orc into the room moving past him as he sees the first zombie fall the his sword. He lashes out with his whip at the necromancer trying to trip him up in his next spell and bashes the second zombie with his warhammer.

Rolls

Necromancer trip and mischance - (1d20+5, 1d100)

1d20+5 : (18) + 5 = 23

1d100 : (50) = 50

Zombie attack, regular damage, cold damage - (1d20+6, 1d8+5, 1d6)

1d20+6 : (3) + 6 = 9

1d8+5 : (8) + 5 = 13

1d6 : (6) = 6

Oct 5, 2018 7:02 pm
Round One: Gongar and Urthask
Urthask charges down the stairs and slashes the head right off of Z1. The lifeless corpse falls to the floor and is finally still.

Gongar moves up beside him and lashes out at the necromancer with his whip. He thinks he's on target, but his whip hits nothing but air! Turning his attention to the zombie, Gongar swings his hammer, but barely misses as the failure of his whip messes up his aim.
OOC:
Remaining: Shadow, Salzabar
Oct 5, 2018 11:36 pm
Shadow moves to the corner of the room and draws her shortbow, taking aim at the necromancer.

Rolls

shortbow to hit - (1d20+7)

(16) + 7 = 23

miss chance (1=miss, 2=hit) - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Oct 6, 2018 12:01 am
Round One: Shadow
Shadow launches an arrow that appears to be flying true, but it passes through the blurred form of the necromancer and shatters against the wall.
OOC:
Going to ignore Salzabar. I don't know enough about Oracles to run one, so he'll be in the background for now

Enemy Turn!
Oct 6, 2018 12:11 am
Round One: Zombies
Z3 and Z4 shamble out of the side room to defend their master.
OOC:
They both had to pass through Gongar's threatened area, so he can take an AoO on one of them
Z2 clubs at Urthask with its arms, groaning softly as it does so. It hits the cavalier in the side of the head, causing him to see stars (Nat 20 vs AC. Damage: 10 bludgeoning)
Map
Oct 6, 2018 12:14 am
Round Two: Necromancer
The necromancer growls, "Die, fools!" he says as you feel a wave of negative energy washing over you and sapping your strength.
OOC:
Everyone: DC 13 Will save or take 12 negative energy damage. Take 6 on a successful save.
Map
OOC:
Your turn!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.