Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Oct 17, 2018 12:37 pm
The man looks panicked, "I didn't kill anyone, I swear! These men were already dead when I animated them!"
Oct 17, 2018 12:49 pm
"Then you sent them to commit your murders for you! The mill had your stench all over it!"
Oct 17, 2018 12:54 pm
The man begins to sob, "No, I swear, I didn't order anyone killed," he manages to get out.
Oct 17, 2018 1:03 pm
"Then I suppose these zombies cook you dinner and wash your clothes, eh? Don't lie to me or I'll feed you to my bear!"
Oct 17, 2018 1:06 pm
OOC:
You can roll insight to see if you can get a read on him
"It's just a hobby," he says, "Something to keep my busy. It's... interesting!"
Oct 17, 2018 1:38 pm
As far as Urthask can tell, the man has no idea about any murders. He looks 100% confused
Oct 17, 2018 1:52 pm
Urthask releases the man, but continues to loom menacingly over him. "Perhaps you're telling the truth, but you still attacked my friends and I with your minions, so you're not getting off easy. Start by telling us who you are and what you're doing here."
Oct 17, 2018 2:55 pm
The man sighs, slightly relieves that he's been let go, "Caizarlu Zerren is my name," he says, "I swear to you that I've killed no one. I merely take the already-dead corpses of Habe's patients and use them to advance my arts."
Oct 17, 2018 3:31 pm
Urthask's bile rises at what he sees as a desecration of the dead but he reins in his anger. "Why did you attack us then?"
Oct 17, 2018 3:33 pm
"Pre-emptive strike," the man says simply, "I highly doubt you'd have left me to my business even if I'd let you walk away."
Oct 17, 2018 3:50 pm
"Does Habe know what you do here? Does the sheriff?! Never mind. This is what you're going to do for us: you're going to help us get to the bottom of these murders. Tell me: if not you, then who left the stink of undeath at the latest murder scene?"
Last edited October 21, 2018 3:48 pm
Oct 18, 2018 2:26 pm
Gongar stands next to his friend as he interrogates the necromancer, with his hammers still in his hands. He is troubled by the man's apparent lack of any remorse for the evil's he has performed and still wonders if killing him might be the best option.
Oct 21, 2018 4:15 am
Salzabar stands up a little bit, still feeling sick.

"Hey, uh.... if we're just gonna talk, c-could, could we take this upstairs, maybe?" He asks, putting one hand over his face to both cover his nose and wipe at his mouth.
Oct 22, 2018 2:04 pm
"I don't know anything about any murders, I swear!" he says, "What do you need me to do?"
Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm
"Alright, everyone get upstairs. You too...what is your name anyway? Caizarlu!"

As the group moves: "Have you any idea who else might be messing about with necromancy in the area? Or here's a thought: have any of your...creations ever gone missing?"
Last edited October 22, 2018 3:28 pm
Oct 22, 2018 3:25 pm
OOC:
Name was already given :P
As you walk back up the stairs, the necromancer responds, "I've heard... rumors. Ghouls spotted in the farms nearby. I don't know that there's any truth to the rumors, though."

As you reach the top of the stairs, Habe sees your group and the necromancer and his face goes pale white. With a squeak, he turns and begins bolting for the door.
Oct 22, 2018 4:40 pm
OOC:
Sorry changing my post because I didn't refresh
Gongar grabs his whip off the floor and strings it on his belt with his hammers as the group leads the necro up the stairs. When he see's the attendant bolt for the door he immediately gives chase, grabbing his whip from his belt and lashing out trying to trip him up.
Last edited October 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Rolls

Whip (Trip) - (1d20+9)

(8) + 9 = 17

Oct 22, 2018 4:46 pm
Urthask whistles sharply, and in response Arktos moves to menace the man trying escape out the front door.
Oct 22, 2018 4:57 pm
As Habe nears the door, Gongar's whip wraps around his ankle and he falls to the ground. When he looks up, he sees Arktos growling in his face and faints on the spot.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.