Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Oct 23, 2018 3:12 pm
Caizarlu shakes his head with disgust, "Pathetic..." he mutters.
Oct 23, 2018 6:45 pm
"I'll feed you both to the bear if you don't march yourselves to the sheriff right now and tell him all about your little hobby," Urthask growls. Arktos hasn't fed all day."
Oct 24, 2018 1:04 am
OOC:
Are you going to take them both their yourself?
Oct 24, 2018 3:42 am
Gongar re-wraps his whip nodding to Urthask, These two look a bit stringy for a proper meal. He bends over an hoists the unconscious man on his shoulder. Let's go then, the sheriff will have a nice cozy cell waiting for you and you can answer our questions there.
Oct 25, 2018 4:22 am
"Oh yeah..." Salzibar mutters to himself as they move.

"Hey, so, uh... g-great job back there, uh, everyone. Does, uh... does anyone need some... healing?" He asks, taking out his wand of Cure Light Wounds and smiling nervously.
Last edited October 25, 2018 4:22 am
Oct 29, 2018 2:23 pm
Gongar looks to Salzabar, The healing would be greatly appreciated Master Salzabar.
Oct 29, 2018 4:10 pm
When you arrive at the jail, you find Hemlock sitting in his chair, rubbing his temples. On the floor just beside the desk, almost hidden from view is a half-empty bottle of whiskey. He doesn't look up as you enter, and his voice sounds tired, "What is it?"
Nov 1, 2018 2:22 pm
Belor, my friend, unfortunately we have another puzzle to solve. We captured a necromamcer who was 'working' at the sanatorium and it seems like Hebe was cooperating with him. We destroyed all of the undead the necro had raised but he might have raised more elsewhere. Gongar unceremoniously drops Hebe on the floor at Belor's desk, Do you have enough cells to keep these two locked up? Do you have anything to silence the necromancer so he can't get up to any more funny business?
Nov 1, 2018 7:27 pm
Belor looks up in surprise at hearing Gongar's voice, then is even more shocked to see Habe and the necromancer, "This just keeps getting worse, doesn't it?" he asks with a sigh, "Regardless, you've done excellent work and we'll secure the spellcaster immediately. Did you gather any evidence from the sanatorium?"
Nov 2, 2018 12:58 pm
"We're not sure. The survivor has gone mad, so we couldn't glean anything from him. The murder scene reeked of undeath, much like this one does," Urthask growls, pointing atCaizarlu "but he insists he knows nothing of the killings."
Nov 3, 2018 8:16 pm
OOC:
Hey, so... I actually realized I have no idea how using wands works hahaha
Nov 5, 2018 4:09 pm
A few guards come in with a gag and special manacles that enclose the hands to prevent spellcasting. The necromancer sighs before being led away and Habe is just now waking up.

"Why don't you take the rest of the day off?" the sheriff suggests, "I'll have some of my men head over to the sanatorium to look for any additional clues."
OOC:
To activate a wand, a character must hold it in hand (or whatever passes for a hand, for non-humanoid creatures) and point it in the general direction of the target or area. A wand may be used while grappling or while swallowed whole.
Nov 7, 2018 2:10 pm
OOC:
Do you plan on resting as the sheriff suggests, or would you rather do something else?
Nov 9, 2018 6:06 am
OOC:
Do I not have to do a use magic device roll or anything? Just point it at someone and expend one use?
Nov 9, 2018 2:44 pm
thedandyman says:
OOC:
Do I not have to do a use magic device roll or anything? Just point it at someone and expend one use?
OOC:
If I remember correctly, you don't need to make any checks if the spell is on your class' spell list. If it's not, then you'd have to make a Use Magic Device check to activate it
Nov 9, 2018 5:37 pm
OOC:
I'm down to rest and heal back up and then see what Belor can tell us in the morning.
Nov 10, 2018 6:25 pm
The next morning, you all arrive back at the sheriff's office and he looks even more exhausted than yesterday. He's reading through a leatherbound book on his desk when you arrive. Looking up, he waves you in, "Come here and look at this..." he says, pushing the book toward you, "It's Caizarlu's journal."
[ +- ] Notable Journal Entries
Nov 10, 2018 6:42 pm
Urthask wrinkles his nose in disgust at the necromancer's macabre notes. "Well it looks like our best chance of finding where these ghouls are coming from is to head back out to the farms."

Peering at the sheriff, Urthask wonders what is troubling the man. Besides the murders, of course! "Say, are youquite alright, sherriff?"

Rolls

Sense Motive if needed - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Nov 12, 2018 12:38 am
OOC:
Was Grayst the dude who survived the attack, that we went to visit?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.