Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Nov 12, 2018 1:58 am
marithyme says:
OOC:
Was Grayst the dude who survived the attack, that we went to visit?
OOC:
Yeah, he sure is. The one that freaked out and spoke to Urthask
Nov 12, 2018 4:54 pm
Hemlock sighs and nods in response to Urthask's question, "Just tired is all. So much going on these past few months," he assures the half orc, "I'll be fine, though."
Nov 12, 2018 5:11 pm
After reading the entries in the journal Gongar turns to Belor "If the man has indeed contracted Ghoul fever is there anything to be done for him? Is there anyone else that might have contracted the fever now that we know there have been several cases?"
Nov 13, 2018 4:06 pm
"I have Father Zantus and Malik looking into a cure for the ghoul fever," Belor says, and then shrugs, "As far as more people catching the fever, it's hard to say. I was hoping you could head out to the farms Caizarlu mentioned in his notes and take a look around."
Nov 13, 2018 4:44 pm
"That seems to be the logical next step," Urthask agrees. "We'll head out now unless you need us for something else?"
Nov 13, 2018 6:16 pm
Agreed, I'm sure Arktos will appreciate not having to squeeze for once.
Nov 15, 2018 3:19 pm
With that, you set out from town in the direction of the outlying farms. About an hour out, you see a figure in the distance running in your direction down the road. As he gets closer, you can see he's dressed in the garb of a farmer, though its stained with blood.
Nov 19, 2018 12:24 am
Shadow draws her dagger surreptitiously as she tries to ascertain if he is aggressive or frightened.

Rolls

Sense Motive - (1d20+7)

(17) + 7 = 24

Nov 20, 2018 2:40 am
The man has a look of pure terror on his face
Nov 20, 2018 10:27 am
It's plain to see Urthask and Arktos are glad to be outdoors. In their element, both bear and rider stand even more proudly than usual. Urthask's banner, bearing his clan emblem flies high.

When the distraught man appears, Urthask doffs his helm. "What is it, man? What's happened?"
Nov 20, 2018 2:06 pm
We are friends, calm yourself, my good man. Gongar makes soothing gestures with his hands.
Nov 20, 2018 2:08 pm
Until Urthask speaks, it seems the man would have passed right by without even noticing you. When he hears the voice, he staggers and falls flat on his face, "Ahh!" he shouts as he falls.

When he finally gets to his feet, he falls on his bottom as he sees a huge bear just in front of him. Seeing that it's not feral, he takes a deep breath and looks up at your group, "I must get to the sheriff! The dead have begun to walk. They killed everyone!" he says and begins to sob, all of the strength leaving his body.
Nov 20, 2018 2:49 pm
"Looks like we're on the right track. I only hope we're not too late!" With that, Urthask points Arktos in the direction the man came from, and the pair speeds off.
Nov 20, 2018 6:05 pm
OOC:
How far out from Sandpoint are we? I would like to tell him to continue on by himself unless we are so far out that he would be in danger if he went on his own. Ill assume he can proceed without our help. Let me know if that is a bad idea.
Go, tell the sheriff that we are trying to clear the undead from this place. Gongar point toward town as he pulls his whip and frost hammer from their slings and races after the foolish half-orc.
Nov 21, 2018 11:56 pm
Shadow moves forward and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Rest a few minutes first," she suggests, "The sheriff needs to know, but if you pass out getting to him it will be no help. Pace yourself. We have your back; we won't let them past."
Nov 22, 2018 2:27 am
The man nods, "Thank you, oh thank you!" he says, "I'll go on to talk to the sheriff. We saw them at the Hambley farm. That's where they killed everyone else..." he says, voice beginning to break with terrified sobs.

He also provides you with directions to the farm
Nov 26, 2018 5:55 pm
You follow the directions that the farmer gave you and arrive at the Hambley farm, passing through paths between the fields, which clearly haven't been tended to in some time.

As you round a curve in the path, you find yourselves facing the farmhouse and the large, L-shaped barn. It is eerily quiet and Arktos crinkles his nose in disgust at something that he can smell. He bares his teeth, clearly sensing a wrongness about the area.
Nov 28, 2018 12:35 am
Shadow heads for the barn, senses alert.
Nov 28, 2018 10:11 pm
As you approach the barn, you can smell the stench of death coming from within. Once inside the L-shaped structure, you see the partially eaten corpses of both people and animals scattered around the floor. In the center of the barn is a massive stone head, overgrown with moss.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.