Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Feb 21, 2019 3:12 am
Hetris quirks an eyebrow at the mention of Thassilon.
[ +- ] Thassilonian
It is good to meet you Skriz, my name is Hetris.
Feb 21, 2019 6:49 am
A rat mage, Victor mumbles to himself, looking genuinely impressed. Viktor.
Last edited February 21, 2019 6:50 am
Feb 21, 2019 2:30 pm
Skriz's unnaturally green eyes flair to the point of glowing though it could almost be explained away by the sunlight coming through the window and reflecting off his face. The small ratfolk steps out from the shadow of the doorway and bows again, his cloak gently flapping out around him and undulating back into place.

"It would be my utmost pleasure to assist the Saviours of Sandpoint! Maybe in time your exploits will be sung in ballads passed down generation to generation, your accolades turned to legend and your legends etched into monuments of old for those like me to study and interpret in aeons to come."

His sharp, green eyes dart from person to person as his whiskers twitch. With a smile belying his intense curiosity and excitment, he asks, "So what seems to be the problem?"
Feb 26, 2019 3:56 pm
Gongar surveys the rat mage and nods appreciatively, turning to Belor My friend, your breadth of associates constantly surprises me. then turns to the new arrivals focusing on Hetris, We've traveled with a bard before. He let himself get waylaid by the evils we have come across in these hard times and is now passed out in a gutter somewhere drunk for weeks on end. I hope your constitution for the travesties we face is stronger than his...

Motioning to Skriz, I'm always glad to welcome any source of information that could help us solve the mysteries that we are facing. Have you had a chance to talk with our captured Thassilonian scribe?
OOC:
Sorry I couldn't remember her name...
Feb 26, 2019 4:04 pm
Worry not my new friend. Not all of us that entertain are meant to experience the world first hand. However, I've found it the single best way to learn. You mention that you have a captured Thassilonian scribe?! That sounds incredibly interesting! Hetris says with a wide grin.
Feb 26, 2019 4:14 pm
We rescued her from a goblin enclave but are still unsure what her part in this mystery is. To error on the side of caution she is currently being held in the town jail until we can confirm that she is not a part of some wider plot. but Belor has been kind enough to have her papers and research on hand for her. She has also provided us with some useful information to this point.
Feb 26, 2019 4:18 pm
"I must confess that strength of arms and stout hearts have not been enough to puzzle out this mystery. I am glad to have all of you join us."
Feb 27, 2019 3:21 pm
OOC:
Her name is Lyrie. Were you going to speak to her first or did you want to head to Foxglove Manor or maybe explain to the sheriff what you found at the Hambley farm?
Feb 27, 2019 4:02 pm
Skriz scratches his whiskered chin thoughtfully and says, "I could talk to this woman you rescued if she is willing to share her knowledge. I might be able to discern more information about what might be going on... though what that is, I still haven't caught the thread. What happened at the farm?
Feb 27, 2019 4:14 pm
I'm also interested in hearing about the farm, for I once helped the Hambley's with some goblins and found them to be decent folk. Viktor nods to Skriz and says I have the feeling you are the right person for that, there is an aura of knowledge about you.
Last edited February 27, 2019 4:14 pm
Feb 27, 2019 6:14 pm
"We found nothing but ghouls at the farm. In the barn was a massive stone head, overgrown with moss, that none of us could explain. Also, underneath the floorboards, was a chest full of money. Shadow here has brought the chest back."
Feb 27, 2019 6:51 pm
"Did the stone head have any markings on it?" Realizing he had his grimoire with him, Skriz fans through the pages until he gets to a long series of meticulous notes next to ancient symbols. "These are some of the Thassilonian symbols I've been researching. Were there any marks like these?" he asks as he taps a sharp claw on the thick page.
Feb 28, 2019 4:06 pm
OOC:
Should we role a knowledge check to see if anything matches...
Feb 28, 2019 4:09 pm
OOC:
There were no symbols on the stone head. It was pretty worn down though, so any sort of fine details would be gone by now
Mar 4, 2019 7:31 am
Looking over Skriz' shoulder at the notes, Viktor nods approvingly at the symbols he doesn't understand. Ghoul's and ancient stone heads? This is more serious than I let myself believe. What is your next plan?
Mar 4, 2019 3:09 pm
Aye, its gotten worse for sure. Unfortunately Skriz, the stone head had decayed so much that if there were symbols on it they are no longer there.

Looking back and forth between Belor and Viktor, We have found more evidence that points to the Foxglove Manor. We have been pointed in that direction from each of the events that we have investigated and I believe we might be being drawn into a trap.
Mar 4, 2019 3:09 pm
OOC:
Did we want to stop by Lyrie first?
Last edited March 4, 2019 3:10 pm
Mar 5, 2019 3:10 pm
"Not to worry, I've been in many traps myself. They're not as scary as they seem. We just need to be smarter than the ones who set them," Skriz says matter-of-factly. His whiskers twitch slightly in concern after a few moments as he asks, "Who would be setting the traps in this case?"
Mar 5, 2019 3:12 pm
Viktor grows more serious for a moment. Certainly you are in the right to expect trouble when dealing with the undead, though they seldom make elaborate plans. May I suggest that we take our time so to speak and do some scouting around the manor? See if that old abandoned place has some undue traffic these days?
Mar 7, 2019 4:24 pm
As much as I'd like to speak to this rescued woman, but it sounds as if this Foxglove Manor information may be much more time sensitive. We should pursue it as history will always be available to study. Hetris says, eyes glinting at the possibility of learning more.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.