Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Mar 29, 2019 1:50 am
Skriz feels his fur stand on end as he hears about the sobbing and then Viktor's comment on the dead calling to them. As the group decide what to do, he steps off to the side and takes a quick sketch of the manticore for his own notes.
Mar 29, 2019 1:24 pm
Arktos sniffs at the first door, but can't smell anything worth noting.

Map
Mar 31, 2019 4:38 pm
OOC:
I don't mind checking all the rooms. Just need someone else to open the door and I can charge in if needed. I don't want to dismount unless necessary.
Apr 1, 2019 4:24 am
Ready? Viktor nods to the others and opens the second door, stepping out of the way.
Last edited April 1, 2019 4:24 am
Apr 1, 2019 2:06 pm
Opening the door, you find that it's a child's bedroom. This bedroom features a child-sized bed, a chair next to a toy box, and a looming stone fireplace big enough for a child to get lost in.

Map
Apr 1, 2019 2:28 pm
Naatkinson says:
... a looming stone fireplace big enough for a child to get lost in.
OOC:
That's not ominous at all... you got me super paranoid from Strange Aeons, Naat
Last edited April 1, 2019 2:28 pm
Apr 1, 2019 3:17 pm
OOC:
The sobbing we heard earlier, was it a child or an adult?
Apr 1, 2019 3:29 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
The sobbing we heard earlier, was it a child or an adult?
OOC:
It was barely perceptible. The pitch was slightly higher, so probably either a woman or a child
Apr 1, 2019 5:53 pm
Gongar sweeps the room trying to identify the source of the sobbing. He will move onto the next door. The single one across the hall from the child's room.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Apr 2, 2019 6:29 pm
Viktor takes a quick peek into the big fireplace to make absolutely sure there's nothing hiding in there.

Rolls

perception - (1d20+7)

(11) + 7 = 18

Apr 2, 2019 7:02 pm
Urthask, as you look into the room, you suddenly see your parents in the middle of the room. Both of their faces are twisted with rage and your fathers is covered in festering boils. Your mother swings as lit torch at your father, but he steps back and avoids the attack. Screaming in rage, he steps forth and plunges a long dagger into your mother's chest, pulls it out and stabs again and again. A sort of twisted smile comes over his face as your mother's lifeblood pools on the ground and he turns to you.

"You're such a disappointment to me," he says with the same twisted smile, "It's time for you to die as well."

He steps forward and stabs with his dagger as you, small and meek, cower away. As the blade enters your stomach, the vision fades and you are covered in sweat.
OOC:
Urthask, make me a DC 14 will save or take 4 points of wisdom damage!
Apr 4, 2019 2:28 pm
Urthask's mind reels from the gut-wrenching vision...but he tells himself it's not real.

"What trickery is this?!" Urthask rages.
Last edited April 4, 2019 2:41 pm

Rolls

WIS save vs. DC 14 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Apr 4, 2019 2:46 pm
Skriz cocks his head at Urthask's reaction, his curiosity getting the better of him as he starts to step forward towards the door. "What happened?"
Apr 4, 2019 2:49 pm
Viktor looks into the fireplace and doesn't see anything within.

Opening the door across the hall, the only thing you see is a staircase going down to the first floor.

Map
Apr 4, 2019 3:30 pm
"A vision. Meant to unhinge me." Urthask growls "Steel yourselves. Whatever evil resides here likes to play mind tricks!"
Last edited April 4, 2019 3:31 pm
Apr 4, 2019 7:59 pm
They are among us then. The dead do not take kindly to our intrusion, it seems. Turning to Urthask, he says Truly a blessing that you are strong of mind, Urthask. There's no telling what something like that does to the mind. Viktor opens the double doors on the right, shield and flail ready.
Last edited April 4, 2019 8:00 pm
Apr 4, 2019 8:45 pm
This large room features two padded chairs and a long couch facing a wide alcove lined with stained glass windows. These windows depict a diverse array of animals and plants-from north to south are a large pale and ghostly scorpion, a gaunt man holding out his arms as a dozen bats hang from him, a moth with a strange skull-like pattern on its wings, a tangle of dull green plants with bell-shaped flowers, and a young maiden sitting astride a well in a forest while a spindly spider the size of a dog descends along a string of webbing above her.

Map
Apr 5, 2019 12:10 am
Skriz peeks into the room with the stained glass windows and scrutinizes them.
OOC:
Which knowledge check should I make to see if Skriz can identify the images?
Apr 5, 2019 12:14 am
OOC:
give me arcana
Apr 5, 2019 12:57 am
OOC:
Arcana check incoming!

Rolls

Knowledge (Arcana) - (1d20+13)

(17) + 13 = 30

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.