Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Apr 16, 2019 5:25 pm
Viktor looks around the room, squinting his eyes. The dead can be more subtle than mere clanking skeletons and rotting zombies, Gongar. Pointing at the desk, he continues. Desks have papers and ledgers. They often hold secrets. Viktor moves to inspect the stain and the desk for possible papers and clues.
Apr 16, 2019 5:33 pm
OOC:
Viktor, give me a Will save!
Apr 16, 2019 9:51 pm
??

Rolls

Will save - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Apr 18, 2019 1:37 pm
As Viktor moves to the desk to check it out, he spots a dagger that he hadn't noticed before sitting atop the dark stain on the desk. Picking it up, he's overcome by an urge to plunge it into his gut. He feels a horrible pain as the dagger enters his stomach (10 piercing damage and make a fortitude save)
Apr 18, 2019 6:45 pm
Viktor is dead silent until he suddenly cries out in pain and turns slightly to reveal a horrible act bloody of self-mutilation.

Rolls

Fortitude save - (1d20+6)

(20) + 6 = 26

Apr 18, 2019 6:48 pm
Just a moment after the dagger pierces him, Viktor pulls it out in horror and he's holding just a piece of splintered wood in his hands and his blood is running down his stomach and legs.
OOC:
Congrats! It was a DC 20 or die!
Apr 18, 2019 6:54 pm
Urthask is shocked by what he is seeing. What deviltry would force someone to stab himself?
Apr 18, 2019 9:33 pm
Viktor drops the piece of wood and takes a trembling step back, staring wide eyed at his companions. His mouth moves but no words come out as he lowers his gaze at his bloody hands and the fresh wound. After a faltering step, he tries to grab the old desk but his posture gives in and he crumbles to the floor, on his knees. I Don't know what happened... I, I felt I had to do it. He looks at the splintered piece of wood and flails it away from him. It was the dead! They did this to me! His shouting end in a wince, the pain of a near-fatal wound clouding his mind.
Last edited April 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Apr 18, 2019 9:34 pm
deleted
Last edited April 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Apr 19, 2019 2:48 pm
Gods man! if these spirits can turn us on ourselves there is something fouler here than just the dead. Gongar rushes up to Viktor and stanches the bleeding and checks for any infection or poison. Then uses the healing want on him.

Rolls

Heal check - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Wand (cure light wounds) - (1d8+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Apr 21, 2019 6:30 pm
Hetris watches, threads of horror winding through her mind as Viktor's blood pulses out of the wound. She walks to the wood and moves it slightly with her toe. What in the Hells would have caused that? she asks no one in particular as she thinks over the kind of curses that could have led to this. Hmm. Suddenly her eyes glaze over white as she casts her gaze across the room.

Casting detect magic.
Apr 21, 2019 9:00 pm
Viktor sighs as his gaping wound closes shut. He takes hold of the table and gets up, grabbing Gongar by the shoulder. Thank you friend. Thank you, he says, eyes more resolute than before.
Apr 22, 2019 12:13 am
Having dismounted and rushed in alongside Gongar, Urthask swats away the bloodied wooden stake. "I say we leave this room NOW!"
Apr 22, 2019 2:33 pm
Hetris casts her spell and her eyes sweep the room, looking for signs of magic, but she doesn't notice any signs of lingering magic.
Apr 22, 2019 6:32 pm
Do you see something, Hetris? I am inclined to agree with Urthask here, let's push onward while we still have our strength and minds intact.
Apr 22, 2019 7:02 pm
I was searching for things of a magical nature, and sense nothing. Nothing lingering, nothing emanating. Almost as if that echo weren't magical at all, but - yes, I agree. Let's quit this room, and not come back anytime soon. she says, turning to leave.
Apr 25, 2019 4:33 pm
OOC:
Which room next?
Map
Apr 25, 2019 6:28 pm
Let's head back to the hallway, everyone. We have to find the source of the wailing.
OOC:
Viktor heads to B13 and opens the door.
Apr 26, 2019 3:39 pm
Gongar Follows Viktor to the next room muttering about curses and magic.
Apr 26, 2019 3:42 pm
Urthask nods as he gets back in the saddle.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.